haXe and arduino

Renaud Bardet-2
Hi list,

I woke up this morning feeling like having fun with some electronic,
we hear a lot about arduinos so I wondered what fun stuff I could make
with it.

A music stream reader to put in a small speaker with integrated
amplifier seemed like a great idea but that's another story ;)

So I was wondering if anyone had tried something with arduinos and haXe,
Andy li was mentioning them on his blog, did you make some breakthru ?

RE: haXe and arduino

Lee Sylvester
It depends what you want to do.  If you understand AVR assembler or
bytecode, then you might be able to do quite a bit.  Otherwise, I'd only use
haXe to write socket interfaces for Arduino projects using I2C or SPI.

Due to the limited capacity of most hobbiest controllers, you'll probably
get few to no "special" properties out of haXe that you couldn't get out of
any other language.  You'd probably do better writing for Propeller chips or
32 bit PIC's (AVR's are usually very small in capacity).  ARM would be
ultimately better, or even Atoms.

Lee

--
haXe - an open source web programming language http://haxe.org