haXe + Yahoo!

brett
Over here at Periscopic we just launched a new JS target haXe project: http://visualize.yahoo.com.

We used a variety of different libs & externs including:

GTweenHX
raphaelExtern
colHx

Thanks for making it possible!

Brett

Re: haXe + Yahoo!

clemos
Awesome

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:48 PM, brett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Over here at  http://periscopic.com Periscopic  we just launched a new JS
> target haXe project:  http://visualize.yahoo.com http://visualize.yahoo.com
> .
>
> We used a variety of different libs & externs including:
>
> GTweenHX
> raphaelExtern
> colHx
>
> Thanks for making it possible!
>
> Brett

Re: haXe + Yahoo!

Elsass Philippe
> Over here at  http://periscopic.com Periscopic  we just launched a new JS
> target haXe project:  http://visualize.yahoo.com http://visualize.yahoo.com

Awesome, this should go straight in a haxe JS showcase :)

Re: haXe + Yahoo!

Brett

That's looks really good.  Well done.  Noticed it's not working in IE8
would it be possible to get a simpler version running, did you
consider it?

Cheers

:j

On 13 Oct 2011, at 21:48, brett wrote:

> Over here at  http://periscopic.com Periscopic  we just launched a
> new JS
> target haXe project:  http://visualize.yahoo.com http://visualize.yahoo.com
> .
>
> We used a variety of different libs & externs including:
>
> GTweenHX
> raphaelExtern
> colHx
>
> Thanks for making it possible!
>
> Brett

Re: haXe + Yahoo!

brett
Yes - we actually started out using RaphaelJS partly so that we could support <IE9. However about 65% of the way through we decided that the VML animation performance was poor enough that we would be better served dropping it. When Jeash gets a bit better on performance, masking, and typography controls that would be a perfect scenario - then we'd use Flash as a fallback.

Re: haXe + Yahoo!

Justin Donaldson-3
Nice work Brett!

Anybody else out in the Portland/Seattle area?  I want to start a timber haxe group.

Best,
-Justin