haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

theRemix
thought you guys might like to see some more haXe candy

http://remixtechnology.com/view/SoundMixer-computeSpectrum

-+> theRemix

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

Chris Hecker

This is a completely random comment, but when I view this page:

http://remixtechnology.com/view/bar-style-analyzer

there is no flash element.  If I look in firebug, there is an object
that says it's 600x600, but it's not there.  If I run flashblock, there
is a 600x600 flashblock window there at first, but if I click to run the
swf it disappears again.

Anybody have any ideas?  This is not the first time I've seen this with
flash since I upgraded to 10 and firefox 3, but I can't figure out what
it is.

Chris

theRemix wrote:
> thought you guys might like to see some more haXe candy
>
> http://remixtechnology.com/view/SoundMixer-computeSpectrum
>
> -+> theRemix

Re: haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

theRemix
There is a typo in the way that i embedded it.

<object width="600" height="600" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">
<param name="movie" value="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/mainswf" />
</object>

should be

<object width="600" height="600" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">
<param name="movie" value="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf" />
</object>

i fixed it.

-+> Jon Borgonia
808.223.3899

theRemix wrote:
thought you guys might like to see some more haXe candy
http://remixtechnology.com/view/SoundMixer-computeSpectrum
-+> theRemix

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

Chris Hecker

Nope, still missing.  I'm sure it's something on my side, I just can't
figure out what.

Chris

theRemix wrote:

> There is a typo in the way that i embedded it.
>
> <object width="600" height="600" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
> data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">
> <param name="movie" value="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/*mainswf*" />
> </object>
>
> should be
>
> <object width="600" height="600" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
> data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">
> <param name="movie" value="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/*main.swf*" />
> </object>
>
> i fixed it.
>
> can you see http://remixtechnology.com/view/eyeball-analyzer-on-crack ?
>

> -+> Jon Borgonia
> 808.223.3899
>
> On Feb 25, 2009, at 6:58 PM, Chris Hecker wrote:
>

>> This is a completely random comment, but when I view this page:
>>
>> http://remixtechnology.com/view/bar-style-analyzer
>>
>> there is no flash element.  If I look in firebug, there is an object
>> that says it's 600x600, but it's not there.  If I run flashblock,
>> there is a 600x600 flashblock window there at first, but if I click to
>> run the swf it disappears again.
>>
>> Anybody have any ideas?  This is not the first time I've seen this
>> with flash since I upgraded to 10 and firefox 3, but I can't figure
>> out what it is.
>>
>> Chris
>>

>> theRemix wrote:
>>> thought you guys might like to see some more haXe candy
>>> http://remixtechnology.com/view/SoundMixer-computeSpectrum
>>> -+> theRemix

Re: haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

theRemix
Its probably your flash player version.

the way that i embed flash, i do not check for flash version, 10 and
above is required to view these demos.

does anyone know a simple way to make this require the correct flash
version?
this method validates in xhtml

On Feb 25, 2009, at 8:09 PM, Chris Hecker wrote:

> Nope, still missing.  I'm sure it's something on my side, I just
> can't figure out what.
>
> Chris
>

> theRemix wrote:
>> There is a typo in the way that i embedded it.
>> <object width="600" height="600" type="application/x-shockwave-
>> flash" data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">
>> <param name="movie" value="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/*mainswf*" />
>> </object>
>> should be <object width="600" height="600" type="application/x-
>> shockwave-flash" data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">
>> <param name="movie" value="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/*main.swf*" />
>> </object>
>> i fixed it.
>> can you see http://remixtechnology.com/view/eyeball-analyzer-on-
>> crack ?
>> -+> Jon Borgonia
>> 808.223.3899
>> On Feb 25, 2009, at 6:58 PM, Chris Hecker wrote:
>>>
>>> This is a completely random comment, but when I view this page:
>>>
>>> http://remixtechnology.com/view/bar-style-analyzer
>>>
>>> there is no flash element.  If I look in firebug, there is an
>>> object that says it's 600x600, but it's not there.  If I run
>>> flashblock, there is a 600x600 flashblock window there at first,
>>> but if I click to run the swf it disappears again.
>>>
>>> Anybody have any ideas?  This is not the first time I've seen this
>>> with flash since I upgraded to 10 and firefox 3, but I can't
>>> figure out what it is.
>>>
>>> Chris

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

Viktor Hesselbom
How about using swfobject?

On 2/26/09, theRemix <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Its probably your flash player version.
>
> the way that i embed flash, i do not check for flash version, 10 and
> above is required to view these demos.
>
> does anyone know a simple way to make this require the correct flash
> version?
> this method validates in xhtml
> <object width="600" height="600" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
> data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">
> <param name="movie" value="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf" />
> </object>
>

> -+> theRemix
>

> On Feb 25, 2009, at 8:09 PM, Chris Hecker wrote:
>

>> Nope, still missing.  I'm sure it's something on my side, I just
>> can't figure out what.
>>
>> Chris
>>

>> theRemix wrote:
>>> There is a typo in the way that i embedded it.
>>> <object width="600" height="600" type="application/x-shockwave-
>>> flash" data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">
>>> <param name="movie" value="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/*mainswf*" />
>>> </object>
>>> should be <object width="600" height="600" type="application/x-
>>> shockwave-flash" data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">
>>> <param name="movie" value="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/*main.swf*" />
>>> </object>
>>> i fixed it.
>>> can you see http://remixtechnology.com/view/eyeball-analyzer-on-
>>> crack ?
>>> -+> Jon Borgonia
>>> 808.223.3899

Re: haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

Chris Hecker

I'm running Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12

Chris

theRemix wrote:

> Its probably your flash player version.
>
> the way that i embed flash, i do not check for flash version, 10 and
> above is required to view these demos.
>
> does anyone know a simple way to make this require the correct flash
> version?
> this method validates in xhtml
> <object width="600" height="600" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
> data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">
> <param name="movie" value="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf" />
> </object>
>

> -+> theRemix
>

> On Feb 25, 2009, at 8:09 PM, Chris Hecker wrote:
>

>> Nope, still missing.  I'm sure it's something on my side, I just can't
>> figure out what.
>>
>> Chris
>>

>> theRemix wrote:
>>> There is a typo in the way that i embedded it.
>>> <object width="600" height="600" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
>>> data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">
>>> <param name="movie" value="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/*mainswf*" />
>>> </object>
>>> should be <object width="600" height="600"
>>> type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">
>>> <param name="movie" value="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/*main.swf*" />
>>> </object>
>>> i fixed it.
>>> can you see http://remixtechnology.com/view/eyeball-analyzer-on-crack ?
>>> -+> Jon Borgonia
>>> 808.223.3899

Re: haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

Chris Hecker

Upgrading to r22 makes no difference.  w.t.f.

Oh well, if nobody else is having this problem, I'll stop posting about
it, it's clearly something hosed with my firefox.

Chris

Chris Hecker wrote:

> I'm running Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
>
> Chris
>

> theRemix wrote:
>> Its probably your flash player version.
>>
>> the way that i embed flash, i do not check for flash version, 10 and
>> above is required to view these demos.
>>
>> does anyone know a simple way to make this require the correct flash
>> version?
>> this method validates in xhtml
>> <object width="600" height="600" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
>> data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">
>> <param name="movie" value="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf" />
>> </object>
>>

>> -+> theRemix
>>

>> On Feb 25, 2009, at 8:09 PM, Chris Hecker wrote:
>>

>>> Nope, still missing.  I'm sure it's something on my side, I just
>>> can't figure out what.
>>>
>>> Chris

Re: haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

Nicolas Cannasse
Chris Hecker a écrit :

> Upgrading to r22 makes no difference.  w.t.f.
>
> Oh well, if nobody else is having this problem, I'll stop posting about
> it, it's clearly something hosed with my firefox.
>
> Chris

The main.swf seems to be working for me, but it takes a lot of time to
load several MB of MP3 first. Maybe you should try to enable MP3
streaming mode ?

Re: haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

makc
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Nicolas Cannasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The main.swf seems to be working for me, but it takes a lot of time to load
> several MB of MP3 first. Maybe you should try to enable MP3 streaming mode ?

or maybe do what our ancestors did - add a preloader :)

Re: haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

makc
p.s. your blog comment script throws php errors, so it goes here: why
no iris seizures?

Re: haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

theRemix
how does that look?  dilate small large?

p.s. chyrp has been letting me down everywhere... gonna switch back to
mephisto.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 6:06 PM, theRemix <[hidden email]> wrote:
> how does that look?  dilate small large?

yep sort of like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrSZVj6IqXA but
faster, and more amplitude :)

Re: haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

theRemix
that would be neat. spheres within spheres.

don't think i'm gonna do that though :)

-+> theRemix

On Feb 26, 2009, at 7:46 AM, Makc wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 6:06 PM, theRemix
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> how does that look?  dilate small large?
>>
> yep sort of like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrSZVj6IqXA but
> faster, and more amplitude :)

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

Jan_Flanders
HI,
I had that problem once. I think it was due to an incompatible addon for firefox and it could be that flashbock or another kind of blocker you have installed for FF3 while it is supposed to run in FF2.

Cheers,
Jan

theRemix wrote:
There is a typo in the way that i embedded it.
<object width="600" height="600" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">
<param name="movie" value="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/*mainswf*" />
</object>
should be <object width="600" height="600" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="/haXe/AudioHX/bars/main.swf">

theRemix wrote:
thought you guys might like to see some more haXe candy
http://remixtechnology.com/view/SoundMixer-computeSpectrum
-+> theRemix

Re: haXe SoundMixer.computeSpectrum() + Sandy = Audio Toy

Chris Hecker

Not that anyone cares, but completely wiping ff3 and all plugins and
addons and reinstalling fixed this.  I guess 3 years of having it
autoupdate itself and having 20 disabled addons just got encrusted.

Chris