haXe Project Templates for FDT

AlanKlement
Hey Guys,

I'm working on some haXe templates that will ship with FDT and I'd
love to get some ideas from the list about what I could put in there
(anyone can create their own but these would be the default). So far
they are pretty basic and are not terribly exciting - such as
providing some options for html pages and some hello world boiler
plate code.

I've been contemplating adding some NME templates in there but have
only just started looking into it.

The project templates in FDT are highly configurable and customizable
as can be seen here:
http://fdt.powerflasher.com/docs/Project_Templates
http://fdt.powerflasher.com/docs/Project_Template_Syntax

If you're curious about what the wizard looks like, here are some screenshots...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/154189/haxe/001.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/154189/haxe/002.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/154189/haxe/002=3.png

Alan

Re: haXe Project Templates for FDT

Franco Ponticelli
I'd love to have utest (http://lib.haxe.org/p/utest) template ;)
Not completely related but should the standard template for haxe classes be changed to have the doc section above the package declaration? I really find uncomfortable to have the module documentation before the imports/class but after the package.

Thank you,

Franco

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Alan Klement <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Here are the key elements to an NME template:

1.) Generate an NMML project file, according to the project name and main
document class

2.) When performing code completion, include "nme" from haxelib

3.) When building or running projects, call the NME install tool instead
of calling Haxe directly

On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 11:14:09 -0700, Alan Klement
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I'm working on some haXe templates that will ship with FDT and I'd
> love to get some ideas from the list about what I could put in there
> (anyone can create their own but these would be the default). So far
> they are pretty basic and are not terribly exciting - such as
> providing some options for html pages and some hello world boiler
> plate code.
>
> I've been contemplating adding some NME templates in there but have
> only just started looking into it.

> The project templates in FDT are highly configurable and customizable
> as can be seen here:
> http://fdt.powerflasher.com/docs/Project_Templates
> http://fdt.powerflasher.com/docs/Project_Template_Syntax
>
> If you're curious about what the wizard looks like, here are some
> screenshots...
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/154189/haxe/001.png
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/154189/haxe/002.png
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/154189/haxe/002=3.png
>

> Alan

Re: haXe Project Templates for FDT

AlanKlement
Unit testing, great idea! Thanks.

Ahh you're asking about templates for the classes. I'll look into that
right now. I don't think we have any doc section generated with our
classes.

Does anyone on the list have other comments about Franco's request?

Alan

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Franco Ponticelli
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'd love to have utest (http://lib.haxe.org/p/utest) template ;)
> Not completely related but should the standard template for haxe classes be
> changed to have the doc section above the package declaration? I really find
> uncomfortable to have the module documentation before the imports/class but
> after the package.

Re: haXe Project Templates for FDT

AlanKlement
That will be tricky. I think we'd need to make a launcher for that. It
may not make it for the 5.0 release, but the 5.1 release, it's a
definite possibility. We could provide an ANT script for people to
build with, not the most user friendly but it's something.

Thanks for the heads up on that.

Alan

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Joshua Granick
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> 3.) When building or running projects, call the NME install tool instead of
> calling Haxe directly

Re: haXe Project Templates for FDT

Mike Stead
A little biased as I've worked on it but I'd love some templates for munit. Not sure if we can have templates for both umock and munit? Munit currently seems more inline with modern testing frameworks with a greater feature set and tooling. Many more features to come.

http://lib.haxe.org/p/munit
https://github.com/massiveinteractive/MassiveUnit/wiki/Working-with-test-classes

Re: haXe Project Templates for FDT

For this:

> 2.) When performing code completion, include "nme" from haxelib

Shouldn't you just use the hxml file generated by the install-tool,
which should in turn include this (and everything - including correct
assets etc).  No magic required.

Probably better still would be to add a completion display option to
the install-tool so that you do not need to worry about where the
hxml file is stored.

Re: haXe Project Templates for FDT

singmajesty
It might be possible to make it work that way.

It would be necessary (still) to add a reference in the HXML file to call
the install-tool, since the Flash installer needs to embed your assets
after Haxe generates the SWF, the desktop installers may need to inject
the icon, and the mobile installers still need to package and (possibly)
install the application on a device or emulator.