haXe IDE: find all usages of selected class/method/interface

haXe IDE: find all usages of selected class/method/interface

Vag Vagoff
Hi!

Is there any IDE for haXe with function `find all usages of given class/method/interface'?

Something like ctags with GUI.

Vag.

Re: haXe IDE: find all usages of selected class/method/interface

Dion Amago
jEdit with the Ctags plugin.  jEdit also has a haxe plugin (that I've
written).

Dion

Vag Vagoff wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there any IDE for haXe with function `find all usages of given
> class/method/interface'?
>
> Something like ctags with GUI.
>
> Vag.

Re: haXe IDE: find all usages of selected class/method/interface

Jan_Flanders
Notepad++ has a search option "Find all in all opened documents". It's
not entirely the same as what you ask but maybe you can use it for
that.
Example: http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4991/screenshotif.jpg

Jan

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Vag Vagoff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there any IDE for haXe with function `find all usages of given
> class/method/interface'?
>
> Something like ctags with GUI.
>
> Vag.

Re: haXe IDE: find all usages of selected class/method/interface

François Nicaise
fgrep -Rl mytoken path (returns the file)

or fgrep -R mytoken path (returns the context)

for instance : `fgrep -R js.Lib . `
will display all the js.Lib calls in the files recursively from current
folder.

Available for free on linux or cygwin or
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ (maybe?)
enjoy :)

On 01.12.2010 9:46, François Nicaise wrote:
> fgrep -Rl mytoken path (returns the file)

Thanks! I know that tools. I use FAR manager for this purpose which is a far, far superior to them.
It not only allows to find string with case sensitive search and word boundaries not leaving command line
but also list results in the panel and allows to jump to them conveniently one after another.

My idea was to enhance FAR method by ability to differentiate between identifier types
and provide even more convenient GUI popups to view occurrences.

It is very helpful for every novice wishing to learn language, libraries and programming techniques
to read source code of libraries along with their usage in real world applications.

I've failed to use jEdit+CTAGS after hours of messing with obscure option menus. It says
'project support disabled' when including current project using CtagsInterface and throws
a null pointer exception on attempt to use my own generated tags file.

So I stay with FAR for a while.

Vag.