haXe GDC Meetup thread!

Re: Community Meeting ?

Nicolas Cannasse
Le 01/02/2011 13:56, Nicolas Cannasse a écrit :
> Le 01/02/2011 11:36, Alexander Konotop a écrit :
>> The problem is that I have no idea about how many haxe
>> developers live and work in my city - maybe 2, maybe 20, maybe 2000.
>> So I have nobody to drink some beer with while talking about haxe :).
>
> That makes me think : how many people would be interested in a haXe
> community meeting ? What about in France (haXe homecountry) ?
>
> If we can gather let's say 20-30 of us, that would be nice ;)

It's hard to gather people by mail, so what about :

http://haxe.org/com/meet2011 ?

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

Justin Donaldson-3
I'm hoping to see more people from the pacific northwest in the US... Seattle?  Portland?

-Justin

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 3:29 AM, Adrian Cowan <[hidden email]> wrote:
For those people who use, or a willing to use, ohloh, there is a map at https://www.ohloh.net/p/haxe/map which takes data from what you have listed on your ohloh account. There are currently 29 people on the map. I'm the lone dot in Australia, but at least I have heard of others nearby.

Adrian Cowan (othrayte)

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can we start a Google Map and ask people to put themselves on it somehow (location not exact of course). Or one of those IP location maps on the haxe site would be useful. Or can Nicolas share some stats from the site (that should give an idea of who checks it out / downloads it).

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Jordo Odroj <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm also curious where the majority of the Haxers are.
Anyone from the bay area or Seattle?

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Rob Fell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I'm undecided (50/50) - what looks good for casual / advergame development this year?  I was considering holding out for Casual Connect in Seattle (July) instead?

I'm curious, are there many haXe developers in PST (or West Coast Canada & US), or do you normally travel far for such meets?  I'm Vancouver, BC, Canada based.

Rob

On 11:59 AM, Alex Liebert wrote:
Hey all,

Would anyone be interested in a meet up for haXe people around GDC?  I may not be able to afford a pass this year but will be in the area and it would be great to meet up at a local bar or restaurant with other haXe folks.

Anyone going to be around?

Alex

Re: Community Meeting ?

I took the liberty of added a sticky to the Forum,
http://haxe.org/forum/thread/2488

if anyone prefers to add anything there and wants to go I will make
sure their name is added to the Wiki list, but I am aware that the
forum is more accessible to some haXe users, and not all users maybe
comfortable editing the wiki.

Cheers

;j

On 1 Feb 2011, at 17:17, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

> Le 01/02/2011 13:56, Nicolas Cannasse a écrit :
>> Le 01/02/2011 11:36, Alexander Konotop a écrit :
>>> The problem is that I have no idea about how many haxe
>>> developers live and work in my city - maybe 2, maybe 20, maybe 2000.
>>> So I have nobody to drink some beer with while talking about
>>> haxe :).
>>
>> That makes me think : how many people would be interested in a haXe
>> community meeting ? What about in France (haXe homecountry) ?
>>
>> If we can gather let's say 20-30 of us, that would be nice ;)
>
> It's hard to gather people by mail, so what about :
>
> http://haxe.org/com/meet2011 ?
>
> Best,

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

alexander.konotop
В Tue, 1 Feb 2011 22:29:57 +1100
Adrian Cowan <[hidden email]> пишет:

> For those people who use, or a willing to use, ohloh, there is a map
> at https://www.ohloh.net/p/haxe/map which takes data from what you
> have listed on your ohloh account. There are currently 29 people on
> the map. I'm the lone dot in Australia, but at least I have heard of
> others nearby.
>
> Adrian Cowan (othrayte)
>
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
> <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
> > Can we start a Google Map and ask people to put themselves on it
> > somehow (location not exact of course). Or one of those IP location
> > maps on the haxe site would be useful. Or can Nicolas share some
> > stats from the site (that should give an idea of who checks it
> > out / downloads it).
> >

> > Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
> > _______________________
> >
> > Touch My Pixel
> > http://www.touchmypixel.com/
> > phone: +61 3 8060 5321
> > _______________________
> >

> > On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Jordo Odroj <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I'm also curious where the majority of the Haxers are.
> >> Anyone from the bay area or Seattle?

> >> --
> >>
> >> haXe - an open source web programming language
> >> http://haxe.org
> >>

> > --
> > haXe - an open source web programming language
> > http://haxe.org

Nice! Registered! Added! ;-)

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

theRemix
added to https://www.ohloh.net/p/haxe/map  i'm alone in the middle of the ocean.

you guys are so far, i'd love to come to france for the meetup.

「the.remix」

On Feb 1, 2011, at 8:03 AM, Justin Donaldson wrote:

[...]

Juan Delgado
Make it in Paris and chances are a few people living in the UK would
be able to make it!

9th May onwards would be best for me.

Nice!!

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 6:12 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I took the liberty of added a sticky to the Forum,
> http://haxe.org/forum/thread/2488
>
> if anyone prefers to add anything there and wants to go I will make sure
> their name is added to the Wiki list, but I am aware that the forum is more
> accessible to some haXe users, and not all users maybe comfortable editing
> the wiki.
>
> Cheers
>
> ;j
>

> On 1 Feb 2011, at 17:17, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

>>> That makes me think : how many people would be interested in a haXe
>>> community meeting ? What about in France (haXe homecountry) ?
>>>
>>> If we can gather let's say 20-30 of us, that would be nice ;)
>>
>> It's hard to gather people by mail, so what about :
>>
>> http://haxe.org/com/meet2011 ?
>>
>> Best,
>> Nicolas

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

go2ghana
Am 01.02.2011 22:51, schrieb theRemix:

> [...]
>>
>>                 Rob
>>

>>                 On 11:59 AM, Alex Liebert wrote:
>>
>>                     Hey all,
>>
>>                     Would anyone be interested in a meet up for haXe
>>                     people around GDC?  I may not be able to afford a
>>                     pass this year but will be in the area and it
>>                     would be great to meet up at a local bar or
>>                     restaurant with other haXe folks.
>>
>>                     Anyone going to be around?
>>
>>                     Alex
>>

>>                 --
>>                 haXe - an open source web programming language
>>                 http://haxe.org <http://haxe.org/>
>>

>>             --
>>
>>             haXe - an open source web programming language
>>             http://haxe.org <http://haxe.org/>
>>

>>         --
>>
>>         haXe - an open source web programming language
>>         http://haxe.org <http://haxe.org/>
>>

>>     --
>>     haXe - an open source web programming language

nice map but how are users added there?

Cordially,
Axel

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

theRemix
@Axel from here https://www.ohloh.net/p/haxe/map

register for ohloh and become a "user" of haxe, then you'll show up in that map.

make sure to edit your profile and add your location.

「the.remix」

On Feb 1, 2011, at 12:50 PM, Axel Huizinga wrote:

> [...]
>>>                based.
>>>
>>>                Rob
>>>

>>>                On 11:59 AM, Alex Liebert wrote:
>>>
>>>                    Hey all,
>>>
>>>                    Would anyone be interested in a meet up for haXe
>>>                    people around GDC?  I may not be able to afford a
>>>                    pass this year but will be in the area and it
>>>                    would be great to meet up at a local bar or
>>>                    restaurant with other haXe folks.
>>>
>>>                    Anyone going to be around?
>>>
>>>                    Alex
>>>

>>>                --                 haXe - an open source web programming language
>>>                http://haxe.org <http://haxe.org/>
>>>

>>>            --
>>>            haXe - an open source web programming language
>>>            http://haxe.org <http://haxe.org/>
>>>

>>>        --
>>>        haXe - an open source web programming language
>>>        http://haxe.org <http://haxe.org/>
>>>

>>>    --
>>>    haXe - an open source web programming language

hosey hosey

Tacoma washington

On Feb 1, 2011 10:05 AM, "Justin Donaldson" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm hoping to see more people from the pacific northwest in the US... Seattle?  Portland?

-Justin

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 3:29 AM, Adrian Cowan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For those people who use, or a willing to use, ohloh, there is a map at https://www.ohloh.net/p/...

RE: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

Kastellanos Nikos-2

Same here. I live in greece.

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

David Peek
There are five of us here at Massive Interactive Sydney – looks like we have the beginnings of an Australian meetup :) Also, doesn't Hugh (gamehaxe) live in Perth?

In a vaguely related thread, we'll be be speaking at WebDU this year on cross platform UI development.

I've added myself to the ohloh map so you don't feel so lonely ;)
David

On 02/02/2011, at 5:42 PM, Tony Polinelli wrote:

[...]

John Plsek
Lol - you're located in a ferry off circular quay ;)

I'm in Sydney too, but I haven't ACTUALLY contributed anything to the haxe "community" ... so I'm not worthy of inclusion on that map ;)

On 3 February 2011 09:45, David Peek <[hidden email]> wrote:
There are five of us here at Massive Interactive Sydney – looks like we have the beginnings of an Australian meetup :) Also, doesn't Hugh (gamehaxe) live in Perth?

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

David Peek
I can't give away my exact location, the ninjas will find me :P

Got to keep 'em guessing.

On 03/02/2011, at 10:23 AM, John Plsek wrote:

Lol - you're located in a ferry off circular quay ;)

I'm in Sydney too, but I haven't ACTUALLY contributed anything to the haxe "community" ... so I'm not worthy of inclusion on that map ;)

On 3 February 2011 09:45, David Peek <[hidden email]> wrote:
There are five of us here at Massive Interactive Sydney – looks like we have the beginnings of an Australian meetup :) Also, doesn't Hugh (gamehaxe) live in Perth?

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

eigenbom
I'm a (new) haxe user in melbourne too. Guess I'm not as isolated as I thought. :)

Will keep an eye out if you guys organise any meet-ups.

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Adrian Cowan <othrayte@gmail.com> wrote:

> For those people who use, or a willing to use, ohloh, there is a map at
> https://www.ohloh.net/p/haxe/map which takes data from what you have
> listed on your ohloh account. There are currently 29 people on the map. I'm
> the lone dot in Australia, but at least I have heard of others nearby.
>
> Adrian Cowan (othrayte)
>
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <
> tarwin@touchmypixel.com> wrote:
>
>> Can we start a Google Map and ask people to put themselves on it somehow
>> (location not exact of course). Or one of those IP location maps on the haxe
>> site would be useful. Or can Nicolas share some stats from the site (that
>> should give an idea of who checks it out / downloads it).
>>

>> Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
>> _______________________
>>
>> Touch My Pixel
>> http://www.touchmypixel.com/
>> phone: +61 3 8060 5321
>> _______________________
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Jordo Odroj <jordohx@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm also curious where the majority of the Haxers are.
>>> Anyone from the bay area or Seattle?

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
Good to see the AU contingent going strong. I've been trying to tell everyone how awesome haxe is for years now - hoping it's catching on!

Tony Polinelli wrote:

> Adrian -
> We're in melbourne (Tarwin + myself) we also had a junior working in haxe
> for us. So that 4 people in melb! woo!  We should meet up sometime, see
> what
> you've been up to. I'd love to know if any other companies are using it.
>
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Adrian Cowan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> For those people who use, or a willing to use, ohloh, there is a map at
>> https://www.ohloh.net/p/haxe/map which takes data from what you have
>> listed on your ohloh account. There are currently 29 people on the map.
>> I'm
>> the lone dot in Australia, but at least I have heard of others nearby.
>>
>> Adrian Cowan (othrayte)
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Can we start a Google Map and ask people to put themselves on it somehow
>>> (location not exact of course). Or one of those IP location maps on the
>>> haxe
>>> site would be useful. Or can Nicolas share some stats from the site
>>> (that
>>> should give an idea of who checks it out / downloads it).
>>>

>>> Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
>>> _______________________
>>>
>>> Touch My Pixel
>>> http://www.touchmypixel.com/
>>> phone: +61 3 8060 5321

> Tony Polinelli
> http://touchmypixel.com

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
OK. So I've started a Google Map with open collaboration. You can add yourself here if you're interested.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=
210513323428420080092.00049b5a3764751577f84

Will think about making a proper little app later maybe.