haXe GDC Meetup thread!

Alex Liebert
Hey all,

Would anyone be interested in a meet up for haXe people around GDC?  I may not be able to afford a pass this year but will be in the area and it would be great to meet up at a local bar or restaurant with other haXe folks.

Anyone going to be around?

Alex

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

Rob Fell
Hi, I'm undecided (50/50) - what looks good for casual / advergame
development this year?  I was considering holding out for Casual Connect
in Seattle (July) instead?

I'm curious, are there many haXe developers in PST (or West Coast Canada
& US), or do you normally travel far for such meets?  I'm Vancouver, BC,
Canada based.

Rob

On 11:59 AM, Alex Liebert wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Would anyone be interested in a meet up for haXe people around GDC?  I
> may not be able to afford a pass this year but will be in the area and
> it would be great to meet up at a local bar or restaurant with other
> haXe folks.
>
> Anyone going to be around?
>
> Alex

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

Jordo Odroj
I'm also curious where the majority of the Haxers are.
Anyone from the bay area or Seattle?

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Rob Fell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I'm undecided (50/50) - what looks good for casual / advergame development this year?  I was considering holding out for Casual Connect in Seattle (July) instead?

I'm curious, are there many haXe developers in PST (or West Coast Canada & US), or do you normally travel far for such meets?  I'm Vancouver, BC, Canada based.

Rob

On 11:59 AM, Alex Liebert wrote:
Hey all,

Would anyone be interested in a meet up for haXe people around GDC?  I may not be able to afford a pass this year but will be in the area and it would be great to meet up at a local bar or restaurant with other haXe folks.

Anyone going to be around?

Alex

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

John Plsek
Which country?

On 1 February 2011 16:21, Jordo Odroj <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm also curious where the majority of the Haxers are.
Anyone from the bay area or Seattle?

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

alexander.konotop
Ukraine, Odessa.
Alone too :)
Except me and people whom I told about haxe almost nobody knows about
its existance. I know only one man who explored haxe without my advice,
he is a flash/as3 developer.
And in ex-USSR countries I know only one site where some
developers speak to each other about haxe - haxe.ru. One guy from
Belarus created it. And one someone's blog, I don't remember it's link.
So it would be much better if we use Google Map as Mr.Stroh-Spijer
wrote.
The problem is that I have no idea about how many haxe
developers live and work in my city - maybe 2, maybe 20, maybe 2000.
So I have nobody to drink some beer with while talking about haxe :).

В Tue, 1 Feb 2011 08:04:03 +0000
Franco Ponticelli <[hidden email]> пишет:

> I am in Portugal (Serpa) and I feel soooo alone :D
>
> Franco
>
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Alex Liebert
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > I'm in the Bay Area- San Francisco, so GDC is always an easy run
> > for me, right near the office :)
> >
> > Alex
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Jordo Odroj <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I'm also curious where the majority of the Haxers are.
> >> Anyone from the bay area or Seattle?

> >> --
> >>
> >> haXe - an open source web programming language
> >> http://haxe.org
> >>

> > --
> > haXe - an open source web programming language
> > http://haxe.org

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

fintan boyle
Dublin, Ireland

Any other haXe developers in Ireland?  If so, join MMUG-Dublin http://www.meetup.com/augdublin/

I would also love to talk about haXe to somebody :-)

2011/2/1 Alexander Konotop <[hidden email]>
Ukraine, Odessa.
Alone too :)
Except me and people whom I told about haxe almost nobody knows about
its existance. I know only one man who explored haxe without my advice,
he is a flash/as3 developer.
And in ex-USSR countries I know only one site where some
developers speak to each other about haxe - haxe.ru. One guy from
Belarus created it. And one someone's blog, I don't remember it's link.
So it would be much better if we use Google Map as Mr.Stroh-Spijer
wrote.
The problem is that I have no idea about how many haxe
developers live and work in my city - maybe 2, maybe 20, maybe 2000.
So I have nobody to drink some beer with while talking about haxe :).

В Tue, 1 Feb 2011 08:04:03 +0000
Franco Ponticelli <[hidden email]> пишет:

> I am in Portugal (Serpa) and I feel soooo alone :D
>
> Franco
>
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Alex Liebert
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > I'm in the Bay Area- San Francisco, so GDC is always an easy run
> > for me, right near the office :)
> >
> > Alex
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Jordo Odroj <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I'm also curious where the majority of the Haxers are.
> >> Anyone from the bay area or Seattle?

> >> --
> >>
> >> haXe - an open source web programming language
> >> http://haxe.org
> >>

> > --
> > haXe - an open source web programming language
> > http://haxe.org

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

tom rhodes
just outside rome in italy. i'm betting there's zero haxe developers close to here?

2011/2/1 fintan boyle <[hidden email]>
Dublin, Ireland

Any other haXe developers in Ireland?  If so, join MMUG-Dublin http://www.meetup.com/augdublin/

I would also love to talk about haXe to somebody :-)

2011/2/1 Alexander Konotop <[hidden email]>

Ukraine, Odessa.
Alone too :)
Except me and people whom I told about haxe almost nobody knows about
its existance. I know only one man who explored haxe without my advice,
he is a flash/as3 developer.
And in ex-USSR countries I know only one site where some
developers speak to each other about haxe - haxe.ru. One guy from
Belarus created it. And one someone's blog, I don't remember it's link.
So it would be much better if we use Google Map as Mr.Stroh-Spijer
wrote.
The problem is that I have no idea about how many haxe
developers live and work in my city - maybe 2, maybe 20, maybe 2000.
So I have nobody to drink some beer with while talking about haxe :).

В Tue, 1 Feb 2011 08:04:03 +0000
Franco Ponticelli <[hidden email]> пишет:

> I am in Portugal (Serpa) and I feel soooo alone :D
>
> Franco
>
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Alex Liebert
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > I'm in the Bay Area- San Francisco, so GDC is always an easy run
> > for me, right near the office :)
> >
> > Alex
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Jordo Odroj <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I'm also curious where the majority of the Haxers are.
> >> Anyone from the bay area or Seattle?

> >> --
> >>
> >> haXe - an open source web programming language
> >> http://haxe.org
> >>

> > --
> > haXe - an open source web programming language
> > http://haxe.org

Re: haXe GDC Meetup thread!

Adrian Cowan
For those people who use, or a willing to use, ohloh, there is a map at https://www.ohloh.net/p/haxe/map which takes data from what you have listed on your ohloh account. There are currently 29 people on the map. I'm the lone dot in Australia, but at least I have heard of others nearby.

Adrian Cowan (othrayte)

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Community Meeting ?

Le 01/02/2011 11:36, Alexander Konotop a écrit :
> The problem is that I have no idea about how many haxe
> developers live and work in my city - maybe 2, maybe 20, maybe 2000.
> So I have nobody to drink some beer with while talking about haxe :).

That makes me think : how many people would be interested in a haXe
community meeting ? What about in France (haXe homecountry) ?

If we can gather let's say 20-30 of us, that would be nice ;)

Re: Community Meeting ?

justin_mills
Le 01/02/2011 13:56, Nicolas Cannasse a écrit :

> Le 01/02/2011 11:36, Alexander Konotop a écrit :
>> The problem is that I have no idea about how many haxe
>> developers live and work in my city - maybe 2, maybe 20, maybe 2000.
>> So I have nobody to drink some beer with while talking about haxe :).
>
> That makes me think : how many people would be interested in a haXe
> community meeting ? What about in France (haXe homecountry) ?
>
> If we can gather let's say 20-30 of us, that would be nice ;)
>
> Best,
> Nicolas

On a weekend?  Sounds good, but that's because I am now living in france.

Cheers ;j

Re: Community Meeting ?

bruno baudry
+1

2011/2/1 justin_mills <[hidden email]>
Le 01/02/2011 13:56, Nicolas Cannasse a écrit :

Le 01/02/2011 11:36, Alexander Konotop a écrit :
The problem is that I have no idea about how many haxe
developers live and work in my city - maybe 2, maybe 20, maybe 2000.
So I have nobody to drink some beer with while talking about haxe :).

That makes me think : how many people would be interested in a haXe community meeting ? What about in France (haXe homecountry) ?

If we can gather let's say 20-30 of us, that would be nice ;)

On a weekend?  Sounds good, but that's because I am now living in france.

Cheers ;j

__     _  _      _  _\   /
|_)    |_)|_||  || \ |_)Y
|_)    |_)|  ||_||_/|  \ |

Re: Community Meeting ?

clemos
+1

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 2:25 PM, bruno baudry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> 2011/2/1 justin_mills <[hidden email]>

>>> That makes me think : how many people would be interested in a haXe
>>> community meeting ? What about in France (haXe homecountry) ?
>>>
>>> If we can gather let's say 20-30 of us, that would be nice ;)
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Nicolas
>>
>> On a weekend?  Sounds good, but that's because I am now living in france.
>>
>> Cheers ;j

> __     _  _      _  _\   /
> |_)    |_)|_||  || \ |_)Y
> |_)    |_)|  ||_||_/|  \ |

Re: Community Meeting ?

Franco Ponticelli
France is not that easy to reach for me but it is certainly nearer than San Francisco :) ... so +1 for me too

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:59 PM, clemos <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 2:25 PM, bruno baudry <[hidden email]> wrote:
> +1
>
> 2011/2/1 justin_mills <[hidden email]>

>>> That makes me think : how many people would be interested in a haXe
>>> community meeting ? What about in France (haXe homecountry) ?
>>>
>>> If we can gather let's say 20-30 of us, that would be nice ;)
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Nicolas
>>
>> On a weekend?  Sounds good, but that's because I am now living in france.
>>
>> Cheers ;j

> __     _  _      _  _\   /
> |_)    |_)|_||  || \ |_)Y
> |_)    |_)|  ||_||_/|  \ |

Re: Community Meeting ?

clemos
I meant +1 and +1 for France ;)
Why not here : http://lacantine.org/

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Franco Ponticelli
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> France is not that easy to reach for me but it is certainly nearer than San
> Francisco :) ... so +1 for me too
>
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:59 PM, clemos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 2:25 PM, bruno baudry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > +1

>> > --
>> > __     _  _      _  _\   /
>> > |_)    |_)|_||  || \ |_)Y
>> > |_)    |_)|  ||_||_/|  \ |
>> >
>> > --
>> > haXe - an open source web programming language
>> > http://haxe.org

Re: Community Meeting ?

bruno baudry
Not considering Nicolas Region for a community meeting would be a real shame for our palate.

So how about here : http://goo.gl/maps/ZTUi ?

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> France is not that easy to reach for me but it is certainly nearer than San
> Francisco :) ... so +1 for me too
>
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:59 PM, clemos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 2:25 PM, bruno baudry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > +1

>> > --
>> >
>> > --
>> > haXe - an open source web programming language
>> > http://haxe.org

Re: Community Meeting ?

Hudson Ansley
Man, wish I could make *that* meeting! Hopefully you'll have it
somewhere with a good internet connection... live stream anyone? ;-)