haXe Developer Workshop

Lee Sylvester
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'll be hosting a haXe Developer
Workshop at FlashBrighton on Tuesday (18th May) at 7pm. If you'd like to
attend, please let the FlashBrighton guys know, as although I'm sure
they'll love to have you along, as would I, I'm only a guest teacher for
the evening, not the organiser.

The workshop will be teaching using haXe for multi-user games
development, focusing on how simple this is for Flash developers to
achieve. It will start with the basics of compiling a haXe project and
will end with complete multiplayer games using Flash and a Neko threaded
socket server. So, if this is something you'd like to know, please do
come along.

Re: haXe Developer Workshop

Tony Polinelli
Id love to be able to hear what you have to say - pity brighton isnt close to melbourne, will you be video'ing the presentation? It'd sounds like a great practicle thing to have as a resource online. Hopefully you can get a video sorted, even if its just a webcam!

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Lee McColl Sylvester <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'll be hosting a haXe Developer Workshop at FlashBrighton on Tuesday (18th May) at 7pm. If you'd like to attend, please let the FlashBrighton guys know, as although I'm sure they'll love to have you along, as would I, I'm only a guest teacher for the evening, not the organiser.

The workshop will be teaching using haXe for multi-user games development, focusing on how simple this is for Flash developers to achieve. It will start with the basics of compiling a haXe project and will end with complete multiplayer games using Flash and a Neko threaded socket server. So, if this is something you'd like to know, please do come along.

Re: haXe Developer Workshop

Lee Sylvester
I doubt it will be video'd as it's more of a session where I'll give out
files and work booklets and help each individual to work through those
booklets. There won't be any talks as such... However, I'll gladly give
you the information I use after the session. I'm even thinking about
converting those files to articles for the Flash and Flex Developer mag...

Lee

Tony Polinelli wrote:

> Id love to be able to hear what you have to say - pity brighton isnt
> close to melbourne, will you be video'ing the presentation? It'd
> sounds like a great practicle thing to have as a resource online.
> Hopefully you can get a video sorted, even if its just a webcam!
>

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Lee McColl Sylvester
>
>     Hey guys,
>
>     Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'll be hosting a haXe
>     Developer Workshop at FlashBrighton on Tuesday (18th May) at 7pm.
>     If you'd like to attend, please let the FlashBrighton guys know,
>     as although I'm sure they'll love to have you along, as would I,
>     I'm only a guest teacher for the evening, not the organiser.
>
>     The workshop will be teaching using haXe for multi-user games
>     development, focusing on how simple this is for Flash developers
>     to achieve. It will start with the basics of compiling a haXe
>     project and will end with complete multiplayer games using Flash
>     and a Neko threaded socket server. So, if this is something you'd
>     like to know, please do come along.
>
>     Best,
>     Lee
>

>     --
>     http://haxe.org
>

> --
> Tony Polinelli
> http://touchmypixel.com

Re: haXe Developer Workshop

Seren Matthews
They seem to live video most sessions these days :)  Looking forward to it, i've dabbled, but would love to learn more ^_^

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Lee McColl Sylvester <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

   Hey guys,

   Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'll be hosting a haXe
   Developer Workshop at FlashBrighton on Tuesday (18th May) at 7pm.
   If you'd like to attend, please let the FlashBrighton guys know,
   as although I'm sure they'll love to have you along, as would I,
   I'm only a guest teacher for the evening, not the organiser.

   The workshop will be teaching using haXe for multi-user games
   development, focusing on how simple this is for Flash developers
   to achieve. It will start with the basics of compiling a haXe
   project and will end with complete multiplayer games using Flash
   and a Neko threaded socket server. So, if this is something you'd
   like to know, please do come along.

   --     haXe - an open source web programming language

Re: haXe Developer Workshop

Thomas-8
What's up Lee? Did everything go on well? Is there any material left
over from the workshop to share?

http://www.digiprof.tv - http://www.suivauto.com

Re: haXe Developer Workshop

Lee Sylvester
Hey Thomas,

Yes, I have some materials that I can give out. I've yet to tidy it up
for online usage, though. Gimme the weekend and I'll announce where
peeps can grab and look at it.

Thomas wrote:
> What's up Lee? Did everything go on well? Is there any material left
> over from the workshop to share?
>
> Regards,

Re: haXe Developer Workshop

Thomas-8
Super! Thanks :-)

--
http://www.digiprof.tv - http://www.suivauto.com

Re: haXe Developer Workshop

Thomas-8
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Lee McColl Sylvester
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, I have some materials that I can give out. I've yet to tidy it up for
> online usage, though. Gimme the weekend and I'll announce where peeps can
> grab and look at it.
>
> Cheers,
> Lee

Hi Lee,

Any news about the material?

http://www.digiprof.tv - http://www.suivauto.com

Re: haXe Developer Workshop

Lee Sylvester
  Wow, I forgot about this :-)  I've got some hosting space. Let me
upload it there and I'll post about the URL a little later.