haXe 2.08 Released !

After some wait 2.08 is finally available !

You can download it on http://haxe.org/download
Read my blog post on http://ncannasse.fr/blog/haxe_2.08

Full list of changes :
  * js : added js.JQuery
  * all : added @:overload
  * js : upgraded js.SWFObject from 1.4.4 inlined to 1.5 embedded
  * js : code generator beautify
  * all : ensure that modifying returned Type.getEnumConstructs
    array does not affect enum
  * all : allow macro typed parameters (other than Expr)
  * flash : added flash11 apis
  * neko : added support for https to haxe.Http (using hxssl library)
  * all : added haxe.Int64
  * all : added haxe.Int32 isNeg,isZero,ucompare,
    fixed overflows for js/flash8/php
  * all : bugfix when optimizing inlined immediate function call
  * all : fixed "using" on macro function
  * all : allowed member macros functions (called as static)
  * neko : allowed serialization of haxe.Int32 (as Int)
  * all : fixed invalid optimization of two constant numbers comparison
  * flash8 : bugfix Std.parseInt with some hex values
  * flash9 : added flash.utils.RegExp
  * all : changed @:build behavior, now takes/returns a var
    with anonymous fields
  * all : added @:native support for enums
  * neko : changed the result of array-assign expression (was null)
  * flash9 : no longer auto create enums from SWF classes
  (need explicit "enum" type patch)
  * all : optimized variable tracking/renaming
  * all : optimized macro engine (speed x2)
  * all : added -D macrotimes support
  * flash9 : store resources in bytes tag instead of bytecode
  * all : allow $ prefixed identifiers (for macros usage only)
  * all : allow to access modules subtype statics
    with pack.Mod.Type.value and fixed identifier resolution order
  * flash9 : added @:bitmap("file") for simple embedding
  * all : added haxe.web.Dispatch
  * js : added js.Storage
  * all : allow this + member variables access in local functions
  * added untyped __this__ support and transition error
  * all : added haxe.macro.MacroType
  * neko : neko.Lib.serialize/unserialize now returns bytes
  * neko : added sys.db package
      (crossplatform with -D spod_macro support)
      spod_macro now uses wrappers for Bytes (require neko 1.8.2)
  * php : added --php-prefix for prefixing generated files
    and class names
  * all : added type_expr_with_type enum support
  * php/js : fixed adding 'null' to StringBuf
  * all : added haxe.macro.Context.defineType

Enjoy !

RE: haXe 2.08 Released !

Excellent news :-D  Congrat's Nicolas!

Lee

[...]

haXe - an open source web programming language http://haxe.org

Re: haXe 2.08 Released !

I added a post on the forum..

Just tried installing on leopard and I get...

libneko.dylib

ERROR = Invalid octal char

Called from neko/zip/Reader.hx line 279
Called from neko/zip/Reader.hx line 229
Called from neko/zip/Reader.hx line 128
Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 310
Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 316
Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 264
Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 85

maybe my setup needs modifying?

I will bootcamp into vista and see if it works better there.

Looks exciting though.

Cheers

;j

On 25 Sep 2011, at 15:46, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After some wait 2.08 is finally available !
>
> You can download it on http://haxe.org/download
> Read my blog post on http://ncannasse.fr/blog/haxe_2.08
>
> Full list of changes :
> * js : added js.JQuery
> * all : added @:overload
> * js : upgraded js.SWFObject from 1.4.4 inlined to 1.5 embedded
> * js : code generator beautify
> * all : ensure that modifying returned Type.getEnumConstructs
>   array does not affect enum
> * all : allow macro typed parameters (other than Expr)
> * flash : added flash11 apis
> * neko : added support for https to haxe.Http (using hxssl library)
> * all : added haxe.Int64
> * all : added haxe.Int32 isNeg,isZero,ucompare,
>   fixed overflows for js/flash8/php
> * all : bugfix when optimizing inlined immediate function call
> * all : fixed "using" on macro function
> * all : allowed member macros functions (called as static)
> * neko : allowed serialization of haxe.Int32 (as Int)
> * all : fixed invalid optimization of two constant numbers comparison
> * flash8 : bugfix Std.parseInt with some hex values
> * flash9 : added flash.utils.RegExp
> * all : changed @:build behavior, now takes/returns a var
>   with anonymous fields
> * all : added @:native support for enums
> * neko : changed the result of array-assign expression (was null)
> * flash9 : no longer auto create enums from SWF classes
> (need explicit "enum" type patch)
> * all : optimized variable tracking/renaming
> * all : optimized macro engine (speed x2)
> * all : added -D macrotimes support
> * flash9 : store resources in bytes tag instead of bytecode
> * all : allow $ prefixed identifiers (for macros usage only)
> * all : allow to access modules subtype statics
>   with pack.Mod.Type.value and fixed identifier resolution order
> * flash9 : added @:bitmap("file") for simple embedding
> * all : added haxe.web.Dispatch
> * js : added js.Storage
> * all : allow this + member variables access in local functions
> * added untyped __this__ support and transition error
> * all : added haxe.macro.MacroType
> * neko : neko.Lib.serialize/unserialize now returns bytes
> * neko : added sys.db package
>     (crossplatform with -D spod_macro support)
>     spod_macro now uses wrappers for Bytes (require neko 1.8.2)
> * php : added --php-prefix for prefixing generated files
>   and class names
> * all : added type_expr_with_type enum support
> * php/js : fixed adding 'null' to StringBuf
> * all : added haxe.macro.Context.defineType
>
> Enjoy !

Re: haXe 2.08 Released !

Justin Donaldson-3
Sounds great. I appreciate all the js improvements, they're very timely for me.

Best,
-Justin

Le 25/09/2011 17:09, [hidden email] a écrit :
> I added a post on the forum..
>
> Just tried installing on leopard and I get...

> libneko.dylib
>
> ERROR = Invalid octal char

Could you remove the already downloaded 2.08.tar.gz and try again ?

Re: haXe 2.08 Released !

Still getting an error on Leopard.

ERROR = Eof

Called from neko/zip/Reader.hx line 148
Called from neko/zip/Reader.hx line 122
Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 310
Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 316
Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 264
Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 85

Have to find my wireless pass before I can try in vista.

;j

On 25 Sep 2011, at 16:20, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

> Le 25/09/2011 17:09, [hidden email] a écrit :
>> I added a post on the forum..
>>
>> Just tried installing on leopard and I get...

>> libneko.dylib
>>
>> ERROR = Invalid octal char
>
> Could you remove the already downloaded 2.08.tar.gz and try again ?
>
> Best,

Re: haXe 2.08 Released !

jlm@justinfront.net
Looking at the nightlies log I tried installing from command line but
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[hidden email]:/cvsroot co neko/libs/
include/ocaml
fails ( cannot expand module ).

Then following your last email I decided to download the manual zip
place in next to the older versions and then rerun the installer...
this worked well, see for details.
http://haxe.org/forum/thread/3522

but I am now getting a "dyld: unknown load command 0x80000022" when I
try to compile my javascript project, are all the ndll compiled
properly for leopard, or are they just for snowy normally you have to
be really direct with a mac that you want stuff backwards compatible.

Can you let me know what I need to do on the compile and and I can
send you back the ndll for leopard if that helps or if you want to try
setting up VNC into my machine to compile stuff let me know, I have
recent gcc (4.6.1) installed.

Cheers

;j

On 25 Sep 2011, at 16:47, [hidden email] wrote:

> Nicolas
>
> Still getting an error on Leopard.
>
> ERROR = Eof
>
> Called from neko/zip/Reader.hx line 148
> Called from neko/zip/Reader.hx line 122
> Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 310
> Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 316
> Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 264
> Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 85
>
> Have to find my wireless pass before I can try in vista.
>
> ;j
>
> On 25 Sep 2011, at 16:20, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:
>
>> Le 25/09/2011 17:09, [hidden email] a écrit :
>>> I added a post on the forum..
>>>
>>> Just tried installing on leopard and I get...

>>> libneko.dylib
>>>
>>> ERROR = Invalid octal char
>>
>> Could you remove the already downloaded 2.08.tar.gz and try again ?
>>
>> Best,
>> Nicolas

Re: haXe 2.08 Released !

jlm@justinfront.net
I have tried a manual install but still same problems.

On 25 Sep 2011, at 18:14, [hidden email] wrote:

> Looking at the nightlies log I tried installing from command line but
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[hidden email]:/cvsroot co neko/
> libs/include/ocaml
> fails ( cannot expand module ).
>
> Then following your last email I decided to download the manual zip
> place in next to the older versions and then rerun the installer...
> this worked well, see for details.
> http://haxe.org/forum/thread/3522
>
> but I am now getting a "dyld: unknown load command 0x80000022" when
> I try to compile my javascript project, are all the ndll compiled
> properly for leopard, or are they just for snowy normally you have
> to be really direct with a mac that you want stuff backwards
> compatible.
>
> Can you let me know what I need to do on the compile and and I can
> send you back the ndll for leopard if that helps or if you want to
> try setting up VNC into my machine to compile stuff let me know, I
> have recent gcc (4.6.1) installed.
>
> Cheers
>
> ;j
>

> On 25 Sep 2011, at 16:47, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Nicolas
>>
>> Still getting an error on Leopard.
>>
>> ERROR = Eof
>>
>> Called from neko/zip/Reader.hx line 148
>> Called from neko/zip/Reader.hx line 122
>> Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 310
>> Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 316
>> Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 264
>> Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 85
>>
>> Have to find my wireless pass before I can try in vista.
>>
>> ;j

>>> Could you remove the already downloaded 2.08.tar.gz and try again ?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Nicolas

Re: haXe 2.08 Released !

Matthew Spencer-2

Congratulations to the dev team on their latest release! Thank you fire all your hard work!

On Sep 25, 2011 1:59 PM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have tried a manual install but still same problems.
>
> On 25 Sep 2011, at 18:14, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Looking at the nightlies log I tried installing from command line but
>> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[hidden email]:/cvsroot co neko/
>> libs/include/ocaml
>> fails ( cannot expand module ).
>>
>> Then following your last email I decided to download the manual zip
>> place in next to the older versions and then rerun the installer...
>> this worked well, see for details.
>> http://haxe.org/forum/thread/3522
>>
>> but I am now getting a "dyld: unknown load command 0x80000022" when
>> I try to compile my javascript project, are all the ndll compiled
>> properly for leopard, or are they just for snowy normally you have
>> to be really direct with a mac that you want stuff backwards
>> compatible.
>>
>> Can you let me know what I need to do on the compile and and I can
>> send you back the ndll for leopard if that helps or if you want to
>> try setting up VNC into my machine to compile stuff let me know, I
>> have recent gcc (4.6.1) installed.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> ;j
>>

>> On 25 Sep 2011, at 16:47, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> Nicolas
>>>
>>> Still getting an error on Leopard.
>>>
>>> ERROR = Eof
>>>
>>> Called from neko/zip/Reader.hx line 148
>>> Called from neko/zip/Reader.hx line 122
>>> Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 310
>>> Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 316
>>> Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 264
>>> Called from tools/hxinst/Main.hx line 85
>>>
>>> Have to find my wireless pass before I can try in vista.
>>>
>>> ;j

Re: haXe 2.08 Released !

Le 25/09/2011 19:14, [hidden email] a écrit :

> Looking at the nightlies log I tried installing from command line but
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[hidden email]:/cvsroot co
> neko/libs/include/ocaml
> fails ( cannot expand module ).
>
> Then following your last email I decided to download the manual zip
> place in next to the older versions and then rerun the installer... this
> worked well, see for details.
> http://haxe.org/forum/thread/3522
>
> but I am now getting a "dyld: unknown load command 0x80000022" when I
> try to compile my javascript project, are all the ndll compiled properly
> for leopard, or are they just for snowy normally you have to be really
> direct with a mac that you want stuff backwards compatible.

I have built both neko 1.8.2 and haxe 2.08 with snow leopard.
However for Neko I think that it should work for Tiger and Leopard,
although I couldn't test. Not sure for haxe.

Re: haXe 2.08 Released !

Nicolas Cannasse
Le 25/09/2011 22:27, Nicolas Cannasse a écrit :

> Le 25/09/2011 19:14, [hidden email] a écrit :
>> Looking at the nightlies log I tried installing from command line but
>> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[hidden email]:/cvsroot co
>> neko/libs/include/ocaml
>> fails ( cannot expand module ).
>>
>> Then following your last email I decided to download the manual zip
>> place in next to the older versions and then rerun the installer... this
>> worked well, see for details.
>> http://haxe.org/forum/thread/3522
>>
>> but I am now getting a "dyld: unknown load command 0x80000022" when I
>> try to compile my javascript project, are all the ndll compiled properly
>> for leopard, or are they just for snowy normally you have to be really
>> direct with a mac that you want stuff backwards compatible.
>
> I have built both neko 1.8.2 and haxe 2.08 with snow leopard.
> However for Neko I think that it should work for Tiger and Leopard,
> although I couldn't test. Not sure for haxe.

PS : could you confirm that you can run neko 1.8.2 on leopard ? I might
then use similar configuration to build a leopard-compatible haxe binary.

Re: haXe 2.08 Released !

> PS : could you confirm that you can run neko 1.8.2 on leopard ? I
> might then use similar configuration to build a leopard-compatible
> haxe binary.

 > neko
NekoVM 1.8.2 (c)2005-2011 Motion-Twin
   Usage : neko <file>

Justin

Re: haXe 2.08 Released !

Googling suggested it might be just a matter of passing some flags to the linker...

--extra-ldflags="-mmacosx-version-min=10.5"

But I'm just guessing, looks like a nightly has been released I will try changing just the haxe file.

;j

On 25 Sep 2011, at 23:15, [hidden email] wrote:

Nicolas

PS : could you confirm that you can run neko 1.8.2 on leopard ? I might then use similar configuration to build a leopard-compatible haxe binary.

> neko
NekoVM 1.8.2 (c)2005-2011 Motion-Twin
 Usage : neko <file>

Justin

Re: haXe 2.08 Released !

jlm@justinfront.net
replacing the 'haxe' file with the one from the nightly

> haxe
haXe Compiler 2.09-r3987 - (c)2005-2011 Motion-Twin
 Usage : haxe -main <class> [-swf|-js|-neko|-php|-cpp|-as3] <output> [options]
 Options :
  -cp <path> : add a directory to find source files
  -js <file> : compile code to JavaScript file
  -swf <file> : compile code to Flash SWF file
  -as3 <directory> : generate AS3 code into target directory
  -neko <file> : compile code to Neko Binary
  -php <directory> : generate PHP code into target directory
  -cpp <directory> : generate C++ code into target directory
  -xml <file> : generate XML types description
  -main <class> : select startup class
  -lib <library[:version]> : use a haxelib library
  -D <var> : define a conditional compilation flag
  -v : turn on verbose mode
  -debug : add debug informations to the compiled code
  -help  Display this list of options
  --help  Display this list of options
> haxe compile.hxml
Called from /usr/lib/haxe/std/neko/zip/Uncompress.hx line 68
Uncaught exception - load.c(232) : Failed to load library : /usr/lib/neko/zlib.ndll (dlopen(/usr/lib/neko/zlib.ndll, 1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
/usr/lib/neko/zlib.ndll: unknown required load command 0x80000022)
Error :

On 25 Sep 2011, at 23:24, [hidden email] wrote:

Nicolas

Googling suggested it might be just a matter of passing some flags to the linker...

--extra-ldflags="-mmacosx-version-min=10.5"

But I'm just guessing, looks like a nightly has been released I will try changing just the haxe file.

;j

On 25 Sep 2011, at 23:15, [hidden email] wrote:

Nicolas

PS : could you confirm that you can run neko 1.8.2 on leopard ? I might then use similar configuration to build a leopard-compatible haxe binary.

> neko
NekoVM 1.8.2 (c)2005-2011 Motion-Twin
 Usage : neko <file>

Justin

Re: haXe 2.08 Released !

Cauê W.
It seems that neko libs was compiled in 64 bit. You'll have to recompile all neko libs to Leopard. When I'm at work I can do it, if you want.

Also, Nicolas, I can provide the leopard binaries for the 2.08 release tomorrow (without the revision indication / with correct version number). They will work on all later OS X versions (i think), though they won't be 64 bit.

Cheers!

2011/9/25 [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
replacing the 'haxe' file with the one from the nightly

> haxe
haXe Compiler 2.09-r3987 - (c)2005-2011 Motion-Twin
 Usage : haxe -main <class> [-swf|-js|-neko|-php|-cpp|-as3] <output> [options]
 Options :
  -cp <path> : add a directory to find source files
  -js <file> : compile code to JavaScript file
  -swf <file> : compile code to Flash SWF file
  -as3 <directory> : generate AS3 code into target directory
  -neko <file> : compile code to Neko Binary
  -php <directory> : generate PHP code into target directory
  -cpp <directory> : generate C++ code into target directory
  -xml <file> : generate XML types description
  -main <class> : select startup class
  -lib <library[:version]> : use a haxelib library
  -D <var> : define a conditional compilation flag
  -v : turn on verbose mode
  -debug : add debug informations to the compiled code
  -help  Display this list of options
  --help  Display this list of options
> haxe compile.hxml
Called from /usr/lib/haxe/std/neko/zip/Uncompress.hx line 68
Uncaught exception - load.c(232) : Failed to load library : /usr/lib/neko/zlib.ndll (dlopen(/usr/lib/neko/zlib.ndll, 1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
/usr/lib/neko/zlib.ndll: unknown required load command 0x80000022)
Error :

On 25 Sep 2011, at 23:24, [hidden email] wrote:

Nicolas

Googling suggested it might be just a matter of passing some flags to the linker...

--extra-ldflags="-mmacosx-version-min=10.5"

But I'm just guessing, looks like a nightly has been released I will try changing just the haxe file.

;j

On 25 Sep 2011, at 23:15, [hidden email] wrote:

Nicolas

PS : could you confirm that you can run neko 1.8.2 on leopard ? I might then use similar configuration to build a leopard-compatible haxe binary.

> neko
NekoVM 1.8.2 (c)2005-2011 Motion-Twin
 Usage : neko <file>

Justin

Re: haXe 2.08 Released !

jlm@justinfront.net
so there should be a 64 and 32 bit version for osx?

On 25 Sep 2011, at 23:57, Cauê Waneck wrote:

It seems that neko libs was compiled in 64 bit. You'll have to recompile all neko libs to Leopard. When I'm at work I can do it, if you want.

Also, Nicolas, I can provide the leopard binaries for the 2.08 release tomorrow (without the revision indication / with correct version number). They will work on all later OS X versions (i think), though they won't be 64 bit.

Cheers!

2011/9/25 [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
replacing the 'haxe' file with the one from the nightly

> haxe
haXe Compiler 2.09-r3987 - (c)2005-2011 Motion-Twin
 Usage : haxe -main <class> [-swf|-js|-neko|-php|-cpp|-as3] <output> [options]
 Options :
  -cp <path> : add a directory to find source files
  -js <file> : compile code to JavaScript file
  -swf <file> : compile code to Flash SWF file
  -as3 <directory> : generate AS3 code into target directory
  -neko <file> : compile code to Neko Binary
  -php <directory> : generate PHP code into target directory
  -cpp <directory> : generate C++ code into target directory
  -xml <file> : generate XML types description
  -main <class> : select startup class
  -lib <library[:version]> : use a haxelib library
  -D <var> : define a conditional compilation flag
  -v : turn on verbose mode
  -debug : add debug informations to the compiled code
  -help  Display this list of options
  --help  Display this list of options
> haxe compile.hxml
Called from /usr/lib/haxe/std/neko/zip/Uncompress.hx line 68
Uncaught exception - load.c(232) : Failed to load library : /usr/lib/neko/zlib.ndll (dlopen(/usr/lib/neko/zlib.ndll, 1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
/usr/lib/neko/zlib.ndll: unknown required load command 0x80000022)
Error :

On 25 Sep 2011, at 23:24, [hidden email] wrote:

Nicolas

Googling suggested it might be just a matter of passing some flags to the linker...

--extra-ldflags="-mmacosx-version-min=10.5"

But I'm just guessing, looks like a nightly has been released I will try changing just the haxe file.

;j

On 25 Sep 2011, at 23:15, [hidden email] wrote:

Nicolas

PS : could you confirm that you can run neko 1.8.2 on leopard ? I might then use similar configuration to build a leopard-compatible haxe binary.

> neko
NekoVM 1.8.2 (c)2005-2011 Motion-Twin
 Usage : neko <file>

Justin

Re: haXe 2.08 Released !

Caue

That would be great, keen to try the new improvements... and also I know there are a couple of other leopard users still around, I should really work out how to do this... what would I need to change, could I just modify the install.ml?

Cheers

;j