haXe 2.06 Released !

Nicolas Cannasse
Hi list,

I'm please to announce on behalf of the whole haXe compiler team that
the 2.06 release of haXe is now available on http://haxe.org/download !

The main changes in 2.06 are :

[all] metadata
     http://haxe.org/manual/metadata
[flash9] allow to directly access the classes in SWF libraries
     (also allow several -swf-lib)
[flash9] now use native Xml parser
     a lot faster, but more strict with namespaces
[php] no longer use evals() in generated code
[php] https support
[cpp] a lot of improvements to make generated code better and faster
[all] custom haXe serialization
     http://haxe.org/manual/serialization
[all] bugfixes and improvements on all platforms

See the whole list of changes here : http://haxe.org/file/CHANGES.txt

Enjoy !

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

jlm@justinfront.net

On 14 Aug 2010, at 16:53, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm please to announce on behalf of the whole haXe compiler team
> that the 2.06 release of haXe is now available on http://haxe.org/download
>  !
>
> The main changes in 2.06 are :
>
> [all] metadata
>    http://haxe.org/manual/metadata
> [flash9] allow to directly access the classes in SWF libraries
>    (also allow several -swf-lib)
> [flash9] now use native Xml parser
>    a lot faster, but more strict with namespaces
> [php] no longer use evals() in generated code
> [php] https support
> [cpp] a lot of improvements to make generated code better and faster
> [all] custom haXe serialization
>    http://haxe.org/manual/serialization
> [all] bugfixes and improvements on all platforms
>
> See the whole list of changes here : http://haxe.org/file/CHANGES.txt
>
> Enjoy !

Sounds good Nicolas I was just writing something in regard to haXe so
I will attach it here as it applies...

"Stuff like Stax and incremental compilation etc... sounds useful but
I don't really see any of this information being properly explained on
the haXe.org site it just gets buried in the mailing list, I think
it's a real shame.  Maybe we should have a tech transfer time on IRC
every week, so the community organises a time for tech transfer, a few
users on each of the three platforms can then get walked through the
tech by the author, and then once they have it working and have
understanding they can add something to the wiki org site.  Just an
idea but seems to be so much amazing tech surrounding haXe that only a
handful of people know how to use.  Well just an idea, thought maybe
it would be sometimes more preferable for authors than expecting them
to always create docs."

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

m5no1
oh nice job!

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

Andy Li
It comes sooner than I expected! Can't wait to see the new installer on haxe.org :)
Thanks for all the hard works!

Best regards,
Andy

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Congrats to everyone in the team!!

2010/8/14 m5no1 <[hidden email]>

oh nice job!

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

Andy Li a écrit :
> It comes sooner than I expected! Can't wait to see the new installer on
> haxe.org <http://haxe.org> :)
> Thanks for all the hard works!

You can run the installer again to get latest version ;)

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

Andy Li
I'm using Mac installer and it keeps letting me to install 2.5. I have just tried using Windows and it lets me to install 2.6.
Maybe the Mac version has not been uploaded yet?

Best regards,
Andy

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Andy Li a écrit :
It comes sooner than I expected! Can't wait to see the new installer on haxe.org <http://haxe.org> :)

Thanks for all the hard works!

You can run the installer again to get latest version ;)

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

tong-2
On 08/14/2010 05:53 PM, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm please to announce on behalf of the whole haXe compiler team that
> the 2.06 release of haXe is now available on http://haxe.org/download !

great release! thanks 1000!

--
[) | 5 |<  † |2 3 3

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

Fei Yin
That was a cool jobs ! Thanks to all hard works !

btw , we really need to use the flash player 10.1 classes . is there any body know how can I use the flash player 10.1 features in my haxe projects ?
----
Best regards

Yin Fei

From Icebirds.net

Andy Li a écrit :
It comes sooner than I expected! Can't wait to see the new installer on haxe.org <http://haxe.org> :)

Thanks for all the hard works!

You can run the installer again to get latest version ;)

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

Rezmason

On Aug 14, 2010, at 12:51 PM, Andy Li wrote:

> I'm using Mac installer and it keeps letting me to install 2.5. I have just tried using Windows and it lets me to install 2.6.
> Maybe the Mac version has not been uploaded yet?
>
> Best regards,
> Andy

Same with my Mac.

But isn't 2.5 > 2.06? Maybe we're installing FUTURE HAXE.

-Jeremy

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

Nicolas Cannasse
Jeremy Sachs a écrit :

> On Aug 14, 2010, at 12:51 PM, Andy Li wrote:
>
>> I'm using Mac installer and it keeps letting me to install 2.5. I have just tried using Windows and it lets me to install 2.6.
>> Maybe the Mac version has not been uploaded yet?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Andy
>
> Same with my Mac.
>
> But isn't 2.5 > 2.06? Maybe we're installing FUTURE HAXE.

Fixed ;)

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

tong-2
On 08/14/2010 05:53 PM, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

> [flash9] now use native Xml parser
> a lot faster, but more strict with namespaces

is there a workaround for:
Xml.parse("<o:k/>");

??

--
[) | 5 |<  † |2 3 3

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

Nicolas Cannasse
tong a écrit :
> On 08/14/2010 05:53 PM, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:
>>
>> [flash9] now use native Xml parser
>> a lot faster, but more strict with namespaces
>>
> is there a workaround for:
> Xml.parse("<o:k/>");

No : you need to include that xml into anoter node that have proper
xmlns attributes.

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

Eric Priou
No Nicolas,
> Same with my Mac.
>
> But isn't 2.5 > 2.06? Maybe we're installing FUTURE HAXE.

Installation process on osx stops (from the installers) @ :
ERROR = Invalid octal char

Called from neko/zip/Reader.hx line 279

HTH
---
Eric Priou aka erixtekila
http://www.v-i-a.net/inprogress

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

tong-2
On 08/14/2010 07:31 PM, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

> tong a écrit :
>> On 08/14/2010 05:53 PM, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:
>>>
>>> [flash9] now use native Xml parser
>>> a lot faster, but more strict with namespaces
>>>
>> is there a workaround for:
>> Xml.parse("<o:k/>");
>
> No : you need to include that xml into anoter node that have proper
> xmlns attributes.
>
> Best,
> Nicolas

:/ not good .. xmpp relies on this.
.. hxmpp/flash is completely broken with the new parser.

--
[) | 5 |<  † |2 3 3

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

Nicolas Cannasse
tong a écrit :

> On 08/14/2010 07:31 PM, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:
>> tong a écrit :

>>> is there a workaround for:
>>> Xml.parse("<o:k/>");
>>
>> No : you need to include that xml into anoter node that have proper
>> xmlns attributes.
>>
>> Best,
>> Nicolas
>>
> :/ not good .. xmpp relies on this.
> .. hxmpp/flash is completely broken with the new parser.

Sorry to hear that,

Please blame both XML specification for being overly complex and Flash
parser from doing unwanted checks ;)

As for a fix, I'm not sure which workaround could be done. Don't
hesitate to propose one if you have any idea.

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

tong-2
On 08/14/2010 07:49 PM, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

> tong a écrit :

>>> No : you need to include that xml into anoter node that have proper
>>> xmlns attributes.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Nicolas
>>>
>> :/ not good .. xmpp relies on this.
>> .. hxmpp/flash is completely broken with the new parser.
>
> Sorry to hear that,
>
> Please blame both XML specification for being overly complex and Flash
> parser from doing unwanted checks ;)

for sure.

> As for a fix, I'm not sure which workaround could be done. Don't
> hesitate to propose one if you have any idea.

not really... beside from using the old parser.

including the old parser with a compiler flag isn't a temporarily
solution for you?
i  mean, this does not only affect me but also introduces a
crossplatform inconsistency in general.

thanks for .06 anyway!/tong

--
[) | 5 |<  † |2 3 3

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

Eric Priou a écrit :

> No Nicolas,
>> Same with my Mac.
>>
>> But isn't 2.5 > 2.06? Maybe we're installing FUTURE HAXE.
>

> Installation process on osx stops (from the installers) @ :
> ERROR = Invalid octal char
>
> Called from neko/zip/Reader.hx line 279

We have updated the tar.gz file, could you remove it from you drive and
try to download it again ?

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

Nicolas Cannasse
Nicolas Cannasse a écrit :

> Eric Priou a écrit :
>> No Nicolas,
>>> Same with my Mac.
>>> But isn't 2.5 > 2.06? Maybe we're installing FUTURE HAXE.
>>

>> Installation process on osx stops (from the installers) @ :
>> ERROR = Invalid octal char
>>
>> Called from neko/zip/Reader.hx line 279
>
> We have updated the tar.gz file, could you remove it from you drive and
> try to download it again ?

BTW I just updated windows installer so haXe will install itself in
C:/Motion-Twin/haxe (instead of ProgramFiles) on Vista and Win7. This
should cause less issues than before.

Re: haXe 2.06 Released !

singmajesty
Is that optional?

I know that I (personally) hate it when applications install to the root
directory

I haven't had any problems in Windows 7