google should switch to Haxe for Android dev ;-)

google should switch to Haxe for Android dev ;-)

Hudson Ansley
Oracle suing Google over Android use of Java
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_15762198

Re: google should switch to Haxe for Android dev ;-)

blackdog-2
On 08/13/2010 11:38 AM, Hudson Ansley wrote:
> Oracle suing Google over Android use of Java
> http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_15762198

Imo, java is in a quagmire, not only in the language spec, but now
this. Whether or not google are infringing, it just means that anyone
interested in java tech and innovation will be paying oracle for the
privilege.

It just seems to me that all of these kind of developments kill
inspiration in  java and help other truly open platforms, like e.g.
haxe as a compiler and node.js as a platform.

So, yes, I think they should too :) I suspect the first move will be
Node.js on the google app engine - especially as it's based on their
tech V8.

bd