future flash player features to support

Hudson Ansley
http://www.bytearray.org/?p=3007

- Faster GC : GC hint API and more.
- New numeric types : float and float4 (very useful for Molehill in the future).
- Concurrency : Worker threads (shared nothing model) to leverage
multicore CPU's. No more UI 's blocked when doing expensive
operations.
- Stage3D : The API used for Molehill (that you know through the
Incubator builds).
- StageVideo : Allowing full GPU acceleration (decoding + blitting)
when used with H.264. Part of Flash Player 10.2 and coming to AIR
soon.
- Threaded video pipeline : Will decode non H.264 streams on another
thread, Net I/O will also be moved to another thread, all this
bringing smoother playback.

Of course Nicolas is already been implementing some of these, I'm sure
we can expect the rest soon :-)

Regards,
Hudson

Re: future flash player features to support

> Of course Nicolas is already been implementing some of these, I'm sure
> we can expect the rest soon :-)

As soon as the corresponding player is available ;)

Re: future flash player features to support

Hudson Ansley
Nice!
hmm, could Thibault and Nicolas represent a new French Connection? ;)