flex and haxe 2.01

Trevor Jim
Hi, just installed 2.01 and haxelib install flex from scratch on Linux.

Compiling a file with, e.g.,

    import mx.controls.TextArea;

gives many errors of the following sort:

    /usr/lib/haxe/lib/flex/1,2/mx/controls/TextArea.hx:3: lines 3-77 : Field explicitMaxHeight has different property access than in mx.core.IUIComponent

I see a couple of property access changes in 2.01, are these
responsible???

Thanks,
Trevor

Re: flex and haxe 2.01

Nicolas Cannasse
Trevor Jim a écrit :

> Hi, just installed 2.01 and haxelib install flex from scratch on Linux.
>
> Compiling a file with, e.g.,
>
>    import mx.controls.TextArea;
>
> gives many errors of the following sort:
>
>    /usr/lib/haxe/lib/flex/1,2/mx/controls/TextArea.hx:3: lines 3-77 :
> Field explicitMaxHeight has different property access than in
> mx.core.IUIComponent
>
> I see a couple of property access changes in 2.01, are these
> responsible???

Yes.

It seems that the haXe code generator found that there is only a getter
in the interface, so it defined the variable as read-only :

var explicitMaxHeight(default,null) : Int;

While it's not readonly in the file itself or in its superclass.
I'll try to fix that in the compiler soon.