feffects plugins?

jlm@justinfront.net
I have been using tweenLite plugins for stuff like blur and tint in
AS3 and was wondering if anyone had developed anything similar for
feffects in haXe, also the concept of timelines or queues are useful.
I am aware you can code from scratch, but to tint movieclips for
rollover states it seems sensible to have prebuilt libraries that
allow this easily especially for any designers wanting to use haXe.
Anyway just wondered if anyone had already built anything, I guess you
could use tweenLite in haXe but I always think it's nicer to have
native haXe code.

Cheers

;j

Re: feffects plugins?

tom rhodes
i've been thinking about TweenMax in Haxe too. stuff like tinting though would be specific only to flash however the sequencing goodness could work in javascript too i would think. even without the filters it would be really usefull...

not had time to seriously look at the source and play with what will work in JS and what only in flash, but it's something i will be dedicating some time too in the future...

On 19 May 2010 12:37, Justin Lawerance Mills <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have been using tweenLite plugins for stuff like blur and tint in AS3 and was wondering if anyone had developed anything similar for feffects in haXe, also the concept of timelines or queues are useful.  I am aware you can code from scratch, but to tint movieclips for rollover states it seems sensible to have prebuilt libraries that allow this easily especially for any designers wanting to use haXe.  Anyway just wondered if anyone had already built anything, I guess you could use tweenLite in haXe but I always think it's nicer to have native haXe code.

Cheers

;j

Re: feffects plugins?

Baluta Cristian
I have my own tweening class, you can see the sources here: http://ralcr.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/CoreAnimation/
In catransitions/ are the 'plugins' you're talking about, some of them are waiting to be written. For colors i have only tint, burn and dodge.

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 1:43 PM, tom rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: feffects plugins?

jlm@justinfront.net
Baluta

Looks interesting project, are you using the SWFTools yet in production, I would like to see the UIKit move towards composite and one of the Signal type events ( like hsl ) rather than extend Sprite... sort of limits it to flash long term.

But will have to try the tint catransition, and look into blur... maybe tomorrow.. having a code writting day off to make up for loosing weekend.

Cheers

;j

On 19 May 2010, at 12:58, Baluta Cristian wrote:

[...]

Yes, i'm using all that classes, it's something like haxe standard libs for me, and i became bored to move them from work to home by stick at any change so i made a googlecode. It's a little unsafe for everyone to use them as i change it very often, sometimes i break a lot of code. I have also the newest swfaddress (which is not very new for as3) but i have some big problems with it, i mean..., it's not working :(

Here is how to use the color transition:
var obj = new CAObject (mc, {color:0x000000}, 4/*time*/, caequations.Cubic.IN_OUT);
obj.transition = new catransitions.Colors();
CoreAnimation.add (obj);
or color dodge:
var obj = new CAObject(photo, {color:"colordodgein"}, 1, caequations.Cubic.IN_OUT);

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Justin Lawerance Mills <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I added a Filters plugin. It can glow but has some partial code for blur and dropshadow. the other filters i never used.
If you have suggestions about the code...

I added also a text typer effect. You can see both in action here: http://ralcr.com/projects/classes/coreanimation/index3.html

--
Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com

Re: feffects plugins?

jlm@justinfront.net
Baluta

That's great, thanks have to try when back on haxing.

Cheers

;j