divtastic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

divtastic

jlm@justinfront.net
I uploaded a experimental javascript library here:

http://code.google.com/p/divtastic/

you can see a simple example here.

http://www.justinfront.net/divtastic/div_clock/DivClock.html

if's a refactor of my justinfront js experimental code.

I need to try and fire up windows as apparently it's not working on  
IE... my googling and guessing does not seem to have worked I will  
actually have to run windows to fix it, and I need to add some of the  
other examples and other classes... but I want to be very fussy about  
what is included, so there is quite a lot not in there at mo.

But if anyone has ideas for improvements please let me know.  
DisplayDiv should work on IE ok, so it should be useable, but  
Divtastic class that extends it doesn't at the moment.

I realize it's quite a simple library but that's what I like, so don't  
expect anything too clever.

Cheers

;j

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: divtastic

jlm@justinfront.net
Added another clock to Divtastic examples.. almost the same but uses  
images, rotation is not ideal, so its not perfectly on centre.
I have not had time to look at the IE issues yet but I will.

Big Ben:

http://www.justinfront.net/divtastic/big_ben/BigBen.html   ( not yet  
IE think it is the alpha applied to the window that is failing )

source is

http://code.google.com/p/divtastic/source/browse/#hg%2Fsrc%2Fexamples%2Fbig_ben

I may add some alpha tweening to the clock face and split it up into  
layers as I recreated Big Ben in flash IDE as vectors and then  
published as 3  png's, so I could maybe do more of a page build if I  
made a few more png's.  Anyway thought it was useful to show that the  
library is sort of more intended to be used with png images, than with  
the div trickery of my first example.


On 1 Sep 2011, at 20:00, [hidden email] wrote:

> I uploaded a experimental javascript library here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/divtastic/
>
> you can see a simple example here.
>
> http://www.justinfront.net/divtastic/div_clock/DivClock.html
>
> if's a refactor of my justinfront js experimental code.
>
> I need to try and fire up windows as apparently it's not working on  
> IE... my googling and guessing does not seem to have worked I will  
> actually have to run windows to fix it, and I need to add some of  
> the other examples and other classes... but I want to be very fussy  
> about what is included, so there is quite a lot not in there at mo.
>
> But if anyone has ideas for improvements please let me know.  
> DisplayDiv should work on IE ok, so it should be useable, but  
> Divtastic class that extends it doesn't at the moment.
>
> I realize it's quite a simple library but that's what I like, so  
> don't expect anything too clever.
>
> Cheers
>
> ;j
>
> --
> haXe - an open source web programming language
> http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: divtastic

David Peek-2
Right click, inspect element(s).

Pushing the capabilities of the DOM to its limits ;)

dp

On 08/09/2011, at 11:57 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Added another clock to Divtastic examples.. almost the same but uses images, rotation is not ideal, so its not perfectly on centre.
> I have not had time to look at the IE issues yet but I will.
>
> Big Ben:
>
> http://www.justinfront.net/divtastic/big_ben/BigBen.html   ( not yet IE think it is the alpha applied to the window that is failing )
>
> source is
>
> http://code.google.com/p/divtastic/source/browse/#hg%2Fsrc%2Fexamples%2Fbig_ben
>
> I may add some alpha tweening to the clock face and split it up into layers as I recreated Big Ben in flash IDE as vectors and then published as 3  png's, so I could maybe do more of a page build if I made a few more png's.  Anyway thought it was useful to show that the library is sort of more intended to be used with png images, than with the div trickery of my first example.
>
>
> On 1 Sep 2011, at 20:00, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> I uploaded a experimental javascript library here:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/divtastic/
>>
>> you can see a simple example here.
>>
>> http://www.justinfront.net/divtastic/div_clock/DivClock.html
>>
>> if's a refactor of my justinfront js experimental code.
>>
>> I need to try and fire up windows as apparently it's not working on IE... my googling and guessing does not seem to have worked I will actually have to run windows to fix it, and I need to add some of the other examples and other classes... but I want to be very fussy about what is included, so there is quite a lot not in there at mo.
>>
>> But if anyone has ideas for improvements please let me know.  DisplayDiv should work on IE ok, so it should be useable, but Divtastic class that extends it doesn't at the moment.
>>
>> I realize it's quite a simple library but that's what I like, so don't expect anything too clever.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> ;j
>>
>> --
>> haXe - an open source web programming language
>> http://haxe.org
>
>
> --
> haXe - an open source web programming language
> http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: divtastic

jlm@justinfront.net
David

Surprisingly it is the image size on big_ben that fails on an iphone  
not the complexity of the dom structure, so I still think div's with  
images is a good alternative to canvas although yet to create a really  
good use of it.  Not fixed the IE issue yet ( need to get access to  
windows ).

Anyway awhile back I was experimenting with a color picker that really  
does use a lot of divs (right click inspect elements... !  it will  
probably really upset you :) ) , not the ideal way to use my library  
but it seems to run fine in firefox, chrome and opera on my fairly  
slow mac, I have cleaned it up and the example needs some changes but  
the code is all in the repository posted earlier, html can be viewed  
here:

        http://www.justinfront.net/divtastic/color_picker/ 
ColorPicker.html   // Not IE yet.. soon

I guess the point is I would never bother to attempt this in  
Javascript normally, but in haXe javascript it really is not so hard  
especially with the divtastic wrapper stuff I am experimenting with.

Cheers

;j




On 8 Sep 2011, at 03:06, David Peek wrote:

> Right click, inspect element(s).
>
> Pushing the capabilities of the DOM to its limits ;)
>
> dp
>
> On 08/09/2011, at 11:57 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Added another clock to Divtastic examples.. almost the same but  
>> uses images, rotation is not ideal, so its not perfectly on centre.
>> I have not had time to look at the IE issues yet but I will.
>>
>> Big Ben:
>>
>> http://www.justinfront.net/divtastic/big_ben/BigBen.html   ( not  
>> yet IE think it is the alpha applied to the window that is failing )
>>
>> source is
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/divtastic/source/browse/#hg%2Fsrc%2Fexamples%2Fbig_ben
>>
>> I may add some alpha tweening to the clock face and split it up  
>> into layers as I recreated Big Ben in flash IDE as vectors and then  
>> published as 3  png's, so I could maybe do more of a page build if  
>> I made a few more png's.  Anyway thought it was useful to show that  
>> the library is sort of more intended to be used with png images,  
>> than with the div trickery of my first example.
>>
>>
>> On 1 Sep 2011, at 20:00, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> I uploaded a experimental javascript library here:
>>>
>>> http://code.google.com/p/divtastic/
>>>
>>> you can see a simple example here.
>>>
>>> http://www.justinfront.net/divtastic/div_clock/DivClock.html
>>>
>>> if's a refactor of my justinfront js experimental code.
>>>
>>> I need to try and fire up windows as apparently it's not working  
>>> on IE... my googling and guessing does not seem to have worked I  
>>> will actually have to run windows to fix it, and I need to add  
>>> some of the other examples and other classes... but I want to be  
>>> very fussy about what is included, so there is quite a lot not in  
>>> there at mo.
>>>
>>> But if anyone has ideas for improvements please let me know.  
>>> DisplayDiv should work on IE ok, so it should be useable, but  
>>> Divtastic class that extends it doesn't at the moment.
>>>
>>> I realize it's quite a simple library but that's what I like, so  
>>> don't expect anything too clever.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> ;j
>>>
>>> --
>>> haXe - an open source web programming language
>>> http://haxe.org
>>
>>
>> --
>> haXe - an open source web programming language
>> http://haxe.org
>
>
> --
> haXe - an open source web programming language
> http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: divtastic

rammserker
It's working on Ubuntu's Firefox 6... But is as slow as a dying snail in my low end netbook. Nice experiment althougth the *little* misperformance :P

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1



--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: divtastic

jlm@justinfront.net

On 17 Sep 2011, at 20:45, Maximiliano Fernández wrote:

> It's working on Ubuntu's Firefox 6... But is as slow as a dying  
> snail in my low end netbook. Nice experiment althougth the *little*  
> misperformance :P
>
> Max
> 0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1
>
Max

It renders instantly on my first gen nexus mobile ( rollover is  
impractical but the click works )... I am only running ff3.6 on an old  
mac pro... wonder why it's not working so well on ubuntu ff6, do you  
think browser is limiting processor, or there is not enough memory on  
the netbook?


;j





--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: divtastic

rammserker
I think that it's the netbook itself the limiting factor. This netbook doesn't have any GPU nor any powerful specs. Going specifically to the point, the first render is slow (Throws a warning of a script slowing down the rendering, two times, before the render ends), but when it's rendered works well, but not dragging the windows. It's a painful task, because it's very slow. My netbook specs are:

OS: Ubuntu 10.04
Browser: Firefox 6.0.2
Processor: Atom 1.6 Ghz
RAM: 1 Gb.

That's all. It's great the work in divtastic, but it's not ok for low end equipment... Or for my netbook only :P. Keep doing great work ;)

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1



--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: divtastic

jlm@justinfront.net
I have made some progress in getting render in IE ( not sure which  
version to test on I think I was using IE 8 ). So you can now see a  
partially working color picker.. ( no canvas )... DivClock is a bit  
more messed up.

        http://divtastic.googlecode.com/hg/deploy/color_picker/ColorPicker.html

But overflow hidden seems an issue, which might be a serious for masks  
and tiling, and I need to work out why the drag is not working...  
etc... alot more hassle than I expected.

I also just added Page and DispatchTo for as3 which I am using on as3  
code now, but they probably need work and are not properly tested, but  
will be easier to port any as3 to haXe js, I guess I need to add a  
DisplayDiv/Divtastic for as3 and for haXe flash.. but should not be  
too hard.

is anyone interested in helping, my knowledge of js is very limited  
but I think this approach could be good ?


On 17 Sep 2011, at 22:52, Maximiliano Fernández wrote:

> I think that it's the netbook itself the limiting factor. This  
> netbook doesn't have any GPU nor any powerful specs. Going  
> specifically to the point, the first render is slow (Throws a  
> warning of a script slowing down the rendering, two times, before  
> the render ends), but when it's rendered works well, but not  
> dragging the windows. It's a painful task, because it's very slow.  
> My netbook specs are:
>
> OS: Ubuntu 10.04
> Browser: Firefox 6.0.2
> Processor: Atom 1.6 Ghz
> RAM: 1 Gb.
>
> That's all. It's great the work in divtastic, but it's not ok for  
> low end equipment... Or for my netbook only :P. Keep doing great  
> work ;)
>
> Max
> 0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1
>
>
> --
> haXe - an open source web programming language
> http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org