debian packages for haxe/neko

Chris Ochs
Anyone working on debian/ubuntu packages?  I thought I might give this
a shot myself, as the installer is badly broken on ubuntu.  It puts
stuff in the wrong place which really annoys a lot of people like
myself, doesn't correctly handle shared libraries, etc..  At least on
64 bit ubuntu the binary installer doesn't even give you a working
install.

Chris

Re: debian packages for haxe/neko

alexander.konotop
В Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:40:42 -0700
Chris Ochs <[hidden email]> пишет:

> Anyone working on debian/ubuntu packages?  I thought I might give this
> a shot myself, as the installer is badly broken on ubuntu.  It puts
> stuff in the wrong place which really annoys a lot of people like
> myself, doesn't correctly handle shared libraries, etc..  At least on
> 64 bit ubuntu the binary installer doesn't even give you a working
> install.
>
> Chris

You can get haxe and neko from packages.debian.org. It works good in
Ubuntu. Choose the "unstable"/"sid" distro while searching for a
package. Install using "sudo dpkg -i file_name.deb"

Re: debian packages for haxe/neko

Chris Ochs
Ah ok I see them now.  The problem I'm having now is haxelib.  It
doesn't come with the haxe ubuntu package, and in the binary
distribution I downloaded it looks like haxe and haxelib were compiled
differently.  haxelib complains about not finding libneko, while haxe
finds it correctly.  libneko.so is correctly setup in /usr/lib by
ldconfig.

Chris

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Chris Ochs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ah ok I see them now.  The problem I'm having now is haxelib.  It
> doesn't come with the haxe ubuntu package, and in the binary
> distribution I downloaded it looks like haxe and haxelib were compiled
> differently.  haxelib complains about not finding libneko, while haxe
> finds it correctly.  libneko.so is correctly setup in /usr/lib by
> ldconfig.
>
> Chris

Solution was to just install haxe/haxelib from source.

Chris

> 2011/7/15 Alexander Konotop <[hidden email]>:
>> В Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:40:42 -0700
>> Chris Ochs <[hidden email]> пишет:
>>
>>> Anyone working on debian/ubuntu packages?  I thought I might give this
>>> a shot myself, as the installer is badly broken on ubuntu.  It puts
>>> stuff in the wrong place which really annoys a lot of people like
>>> myself, doesn't correctly handle shared libraries, etc..  At least on
>>> 64 bit ubuntu the binary installer doesn't even give you a working
>>> install.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>

>> You can get haxe and neko from packages.debian.org. It works good in
>> Ubuntu. Choose the "unstable"/"sid" distro while searching for a
>> package. Install using "sudo dpkg -i file_name.deb"

Re: debian packages for haxe/neko

alexander.konotop
В Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:44:04 -0700
Chris Ochs <[hidden email]> пишет:

> Ah ok I see them now.  The problem I'm having now is haxelib.  It
> doesn't come with the haxe ubuntu package, and in the binary
> distribution I downloaded it looks like haxe and haxelib were compiled
> differently.  haxelib complains about not finding libneko, while haxe
> finds it correctly.  libneko.so is correctly setup in /usr/lib by
> ldconfig.
>
> Chris
>
> 2011/7/15 Alexander Konotop <[hidden email]>:
> > В Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:40:42 -0700
> > Chris Ochs <[hidden email]> пишет:
> >
> >> Anyone working on debian/ubuntu packages?  I thought I might give
> >> this a shot myself, as the installer is badly broken on ubuntu.
> >>  It puts stuff in the wrong place which really annoys a lot of
> >> people like myself, doesn't correctly handle shared libraries,
> >> etc..  At least on 64 bit ubuntu the binary installer doesn't even
> >> give you a working install.
> >>
> >> Chris
> >>

> > You can get haxe and neko from packages.debian.org. It works good in
> > Ubuntu. Choose the "unstable"/"sid" distro while searching for a
> > package. Install using "sudo dpkg -i file_name.deb"
> >
> > --
> > haXe - an open source web programming language
> > http://haxe.org

debian's haxe has haxelib included