cant run installtool (nme) after rebuilding

cant run installtool (nme) after rebuilding

Alex Liebert
I'm trying to test the recent fix to variable substitution, but can't run the installtool after rebuilding it.

it builds without errors, but on run i get:

could not link plugin to process

indicating a nekoapi.ndll problem.  This is weird because my other (older) svn checkout of nme/cpp is fine.

So I copy nekoapi.ndll to sit beside run.n, and try again, but i get:

load.c(352) : Primitive not found : ./nme@neko_init(5)

This is with a nekoapi.ndll freshly built from latest svn checkout.

reverting my dev directories back to nme and hxcpp versions from a few weeks ago, everything works fine( but its not the newest install tool of course.)

Any ideas?

Alex

Re: cant run installtool (nme) after rebuilding

singmajesty
I can't get it to compile using the latest version, either.

I would stick with the versions on SVN for now. For the moment, you can
handle your sizes like this:

<window width="0" height="0" ... if="target_webos" />
<window width="320" height="480" ... unless="target_webos" />

If you want to do fullscreen, you can enter zero as the width and height.
With the older version, you may not be able to use your variables, but you
can use the conditional flags to enable separate <window/> elements in
your project file, depending on how you want your targets set up

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 18:07:36 -0700, Alex Liebert
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to test the recent fix to variable substitution, but can't run
> the installtool after rebuilding it.
>
> it builds without errors, but on run i get:
>
> could not link plugin to process
>
> indicating a nekoapi.ndll problem.  This is weird because my other
> (older)
> svn checkout of nme/cpp is fine.
>
> So I copy nekoapi.ndll to sit beside run.n, and try again, but i get:
>
> load.c(352) : Primitive not found : ./nme@neko_init(5)
>
> This is with a nekoapi.ndll freshly built from latest svn checkout.
>
> reverting my dev directories back to nme and hxcpp versions from a few
> weeks
> ago, everything works fine( but its not the newest install tool of
> course.)
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Alex

Re: cant run installtool (nme) after rebuilding

Joshua Harlan Lifton
Please give a shout out to the list if you do get it working eventually.

Cheers,
JHL

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:55 PM, Alex Liebert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks Josh!  I'll actually just have to wait, because it's not just a few
> variables and they're not just based on targets.  I have tons of resources,
> and various defines used for in game tweaks, based on variables that aren't
> depending on a particular target but something more finegrained in my build
> script.
>

> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Joshua Granick <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I can't get it to compile using the latest version, either.
>>
>> I would stick with the versions on SVN for now. For the moment, you can
>> handle your sizes like this:
>>

>> <window width="0" height="0" ... if="target_webos" />
>> <window width="320" height="480" ... unless="target_webos" />
>>

>> If you want to do fullscreen, you can enter zero as the width and height.
>> With the older version, you may not be able to use your variables, but you
>> can use the conditional flags to enable separate <window/> elements in your
>> project file, depending on how you want your targets set up
>>

>> On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 18:07:36 -0700, Alex Liebert
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to test the recent fix to variable substitution, but can't run
>>> the installtool after rebuilding it.
>>>
>>> it builds without errors, but on run i get:
>>>
>>> could not link plugin to process
>>>
>>> indicating a nekoapi.ndll problem.  This is weird because my other
>>> (older)
>>> svn checkout of nme/cpp is fine.
>>>
>>> So I copy nekoapi.ndll to sit beside run.n, and try again, but i get:
>>>
>>> load.c(352) : Primitive not found : ./nme@neko_init(5)
>>>
>>> This is with a nekoapi.ndll freshly built from latest svn checkout.
>>>
>>> reverting my dev directories back to nme and hxcpp versions from a few
>>> weeks
>>> ago, everything works fine( but its not the newest install tool of
>>> course.)
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Alex
>>

>> --
>> Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: cant run installtool (nme) after rebuilding

Alex Liebert
will do.  im kinda stumped on what could be different between older versions and current that it won't work anymore.  might need to analyze whats changed...dependencies...i think im missing some intricacy of the system here because i didnt think neko (.n) bytecode would depend on nekoapi.dll (a c++ interface right?) in the first place.