building haxelib from source

luca deltodesco
I've succesfuly compiled haxe and nekovm from source, but the install script for haxelib does not work, reporting (by cvs) that haxe/std/tools/haxelib module does not exist.

Re: building haxelib from source

MarcWeber
Excerpts from luca deltodesco's message of Sun Jul 17 01:23:25 +0200 2011:
> I've succesfuly compiled haxe and nekovm from source, but the install script for haxelib does not work, reporting (by cvs) that haxe/std/tools/haxelib module does not exist.

I changed the intsall file very much because it caused trouble to me as well:
https://github.com/MarcWeber/haxe-compiler-experiments
branch install_ml

The branch is currently not up to date. You may still want to have a
look at it. If you think it makes building of HaXe and deps easier vote
for it (write NC). I failed.

Marc Weber

Re: building haxelib from source

singmajesty
I have some instructions on this post...

http://www.joshuagranick.com/blog/2011/05/09/installing-haxe-flashcanvasphpc

...when I compiled haxelib myself. You could probably combine this with
the instructions that are on haxe.org

Le 17/07/2011 01:23, luca deltodesco a écrit :
> I've succesfuly compiled haxe and nekovm from source, but the install
> script for haxelib does not work, reporting (by cvs) that
> haxe/std/tools/haxelib module does not exist.

Hi,

Which install script for haxelib are you referring to ?

haxe CVS has been moved on SVN (google code) for a long time already,
maye this script is not up-to-date.

RE: building haxelib from source

luca deltodesco
It was this one:

http://haxe.org/doc/haxelib/building_haxelib

I've solved my problem in another way now, though i'm sure it'd be a good thing to update the script anyways.