box2dhx on js target?

fintan boyle
is it possible?  Is box2d.dynamics.B2DebugDraw the only class where there are dependencies on a specific outside package (flash.display.*)?  I was trying to get it to work for canvas but without success so far.

Fintan

Re: box2dhx on js target?

Niel Drummond-3
On 02/05/11 21:08, fintan boyle wrote:
> is it possible?  Is box2d.dynamics.B2DebugDraw the only class where
> there are dependencies on a specific outside package
> (flash.display.*)?  I was trying to get it to work for canvas but
> without success so far.
>
> Fintan

if you can't be bothered to implement it, you can use jeash.. i've
uploaded an example here: http://bit.ly/hXiGwR

- Niel

Re: box2dhx on js target?

fintan boyle
I figured out what I was doing wrong - it was actually to do with me trying to subclass an extern class in Haxe, which I don't think is possible, and this was leading to some null values :-)

B2DebugDraw is the only file I had to adjust.  I wanted to try out EaselJs in a haxe workflow which is why I didn't opt for Jeash this time.

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Niel Drummond <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 02/05/11 21:08, fintan boyle wrote:
> is it possible?  Is box2d.dynamics.B2DebugDraw the only class where
> there are dependencies on a specific outside package
> (flash.display.*)?  I was trying to get it to work for canvas but
> without success so far.
>
> Fintan

if you can't be bothered to implement it, you can use jeash.. i've
uploaded an example here: http://bit.ly/hXiGwR

- Niel

Re: box2dhx on js target?

Jordo Odroj
A little off topic, but how cross browser compatible is the box2dhx? Will it work in every browser? I tried searching for this info and couldn't find it.

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 10:19 AM, fintan boyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
I figured out what I was doing wrong - it was actually to do with me trying to subclass an extern class in Haxe, which I don't think is possible, and this was leading to some null values :-)

B2DebugDraw is the only file I had to adjust.  I wanted to try out EaselJs in a haxe workflow which is why I didn't opt for Jeash this time.

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Niel Drummond <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 02/05/11 21:08, fintan boyle wrote:
> is it possible?  Is box2d.dynamics.B2DebugDraw the only class where
> there are dependencies on a specific outside package
> (flash.display.*)?  I was trying to get it to work for canvas but
> without success so far.
>
> Fintan

if you can't be bothered to implement it, you can use jeash.. i've
uploaded an example here: http://bit.ly/hXiGwR

- Niel

Re: box2dhx on js target?

fintan boyle
I'd like to know also.  I couldn't find any info relating to javascript but it does seem to work in Safari and Firefox.  Niel's example seems to work in both, although you can't navigate between demos using the arrow keys in Firefox.   I don't think it is related to Box2dhx though.

Fintan

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:52 AM, Jordo Odroj <[hidden email]> wrote:
A little off topic, but how cross browser compatible is the box2dhx? Will it work in every browser? I tried searching for this info and couldn't find it.

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 10:19 AM, fintan boyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
I figured out what I was doing wrong - it was actually to do with me trying to subclass an extern class in Haxe, which I don't think is possible, and this was leading to some null values :-)

B2DebugDraw is the only file I had to adjust.  I wanted to try out EaselJs in a haxe workflow which is why I didn't opt for Jeash this time.

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Niel Drummond <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 02/05/11 21:08, fintan boyle wrote:
> is it possible?  Is box2d.dynamics.B2DebugDraw the only class where
> there are dependencies on a specific outside package
> (flash.display.*)?  I was trying to get it to work for canvas but
> without success so far.
>
> Fintan

if you can't be bothered to implement it, you can use jeash.. i've
uploaded an example here: http://bit.ly/hXiGwR

- Niel

Re: box2dhx on js target?

Niel Drummond-3
just to clarify, box2dhx does not support javascript out of the box, there is a native javascript port of box2d if that is what you are looking for.

The jeash compatibility layer renders the box2dhx graphics using canvas and css matrix transforms, exactly which versions work I haven't researched - I tested my example on the latest versions of firefox, opera, safari and chrome ... presumably upcoming ie9 also works, it seems to be the favourite browser of the easeljs people, which is a similar concept.

keyboard handling is relatively new in jeash, and firefox contrary to its other features, is not w3c conform. It was working in firefox4, I'll see if I can get it working for earlier versions.

- Niel