blazeDS, AMF, Haxe/neko ?

Laurent Kappler
Hi,

I stumble upon this a while ago:
http://www.jamesward.com/wordpress/2007/12/12/blazebench-why-you-want-amf-and-blazeds/

is it something we can do using neko, Haxe AMF ?

Apparently there is a protocle that is not http, direct push from the
server. So like RTMP....so maybe it's something doable using haxeVideo
but sounds awckward or a socket connection, is that fast ?

Re: blazeDS, AMF, Haxe/neko ?

Nicolas Cannasse
laurent a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I stumble upon this a while ago:
> http://www.jamesward.com/wordpress/2007/12/12/blazebench-why-you-want-amf-and-blazeds/
>

> is it something we can do using neko, Haxe AMF ?
>
> Apparently there is a protocle that is not http, direct push from the
> server. So like RTMP....so maybe it's something doable using haxeVideo
> but sounds awckward or a socket connection, is that fast ?

You can send AMF over HTTP as well, and you can decode AMF messages
using the "format" library (http://code.google.com/p/hxformat). No AMF3
support so far but it's quite easy to add.