@bind

postite
hello !

i am using a swc with a Movieclip linked to a class (Pio) and try to embed it with haxe using @:bind but i get an error "VerifyError: Error #1047: Aucun point d'entrée n'a été détecté". no entry point detected.

i don't get it !

dav

testbind.zip (16K) Download Attachment

Re: @bind

Tony Polinelli
There is a bug with bind. Try setting a document class for your swf-
just to anything, not even a class in haxe. This somehow should fix it

On 9/12/10, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello !
>
> i am using a swc with a Movieclip linked to a class (Pio) and try to embed
> it with haxe using @:bind but i get an error "VerifyError: Error #1047:
> Aucun point d'entrée n'a été détecté". no entry point detected.
>
> i don't get it !
>
> dav

Re: @bind

Jan_Flanders
Using  'extern class' for Pio should works as well.
The swf-linker 'cleans out' the old abc file and merges the content with the new bytecode. But it leaves the old abc-tag behind as an empty shell (constant pools empty etc) which is causing the Verify error. It should entirely remove the old abc file.
Maybe the current procedure will work for non swc abc-tags (where all the class are part of one big abc file instead of one per class).

Jan

PS: abc tag = actionscript byte code tag

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 2:32 AM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is a bug with bind. Try setting a document class for your swf-
just to anything, not even a class in haxe. This somehow should fix it

On 9/12/10, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hello !
>
> i am using a swc with a Movieclip linked to a class (Pio) and try to embed
> it with haxe using @:bind but i get an error "VerifyError: Error #1047:
> Aucun point d'entrée n'a été détecté". no entry point detected.
>
> i don't get it !
>
> dav

Re: @bind

Nicolas Cannasse
Le 12/09/2010 04:14, Jan Flanders a écrit :
> Using 'extern class' for Pio should works as well.
> The swf-linker 'cleans out' the old abc file and merges the content with
> the new bytecode. But it leaves the old abc-tag behind as an empty shell
> (constant pools empty etc) which is causing the Verify error. It should
> entirely remove the old abc file.
> Maybe the current procedure will work for non swc abc-tags (where all
> the class are part of one big abc file instead of one per class).
>
> Jan

Thanks for the detailed report, I just made a fix for this on SVN, could
you make sure that it works now ?

Re: @bind

Jan_Flanders
On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
just made a fix for this on SVN, could you make sure that it works now ?

Yes, it works now. Thanks.

Jan

Re: @bind

postite
cool  thanks to all ! where can i get the svn. is there a compiled version with this fix ? never compiled haxe from svn .

just made a fix for this on SVN, could you make sure that it works now ?

Re: @bind

Pimm Hogeling
Building haXe from source is easy!

Pimm Hogeling wrote:
Building haXe from source is easy!

ahahahah !
made me laugh!
easy might not be the word ...

dav

Re: @bind

Pimm Hogeling
Compiling the haXe compiler only involves downloading and running one OCaml script. I think easy might be the word.

On 12 September 2010 14:00, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:

Pimm Hogeling wrote:
Building haXe from source is easy!

ahahahah !
made me laugh!
easy might not be the word ...

dav

Re: @bind

postite
easy is Not the word !

i think i compiled it but don't see any change is there a way to check version ?

Re: @bind

Pimm Hogeling
If you've compiled it, it has been placed to bin/haxe (or bin/haxe.exe if you are on Windows).

On 12 September 2010 16:26, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
easy is Not the word !

i think i compiled it but don't see any change is there a way to check version ?

Re: @bind

postite
yes i got that done ... but i don't understand how to change my variable environnement (i'm on OSX ).

thanks pimm :)

Re: @bind

victor / tokiop
never understood exactly either !
so i rename/replace haxe in hd/.usr/lib/haxe/haxe

--
 + o |‹ i o p › création graphique, web, 3d

Re: @bind

postite
ok ... seems svn compilation has been done and variables envrironnement too ...

i didn't notice any change at hxml compilation with @:bind.
stil same error ...

Re: @bind

Justin Donaldson-2
Try "which haxe" from a terminal.  If you see /usr/bin/local/haxe or something with local in it, then you are working from svn.  If you see /usr/bin/haxe then you are working with a stable version from the installer.

Also, pay attention to the instructions for OSX svn installation... you have to modify the installation script a bit.

-Justin

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 8:40 AM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
ok ... seems svn compilation has been done and variables envrironnement too ...

i didn't notice any change at hxml compilation with @:bind.
stil same error ...

blog: http://www.scwn.net
aim: iujjd
twitter: jjdonald

Re: @bind

postite
i still have "/usr/bin/haxe" ...

so i will be waiting for nightly builds ...

thanks

Re: @bind

Robin Palotai
  I don't know which shell does OSX run, but in bash you can just do:
HAXE_LIBRARY_PATH=~/dev/haxe/svn/haxe/std ~/dev/haxe/svn/bin/haxe some.hxml

Naturally replace the paths to the svn haxe of yours. Could also make a
nice script svnhaxe.sh:

#!/bin/bash
HAXE_LIBRARY_PATH=~/dev/haxe/svn/haxe/std ~/dev/haxe/svn/bin/haxe $*

BR,
Robin

2010.09.14. 10:29 keltezéssel, dav kert írta:
> i still have "/usr/bin/haxe" ...
>
> so i will be waiting for nightly builds ...
>
> thanks

Re: @bind

Bernard Visscher
I've added a pkg and the OSX binaries for Intel mac to : http://builds.haxer.be/
The installer works for me, but it's only tested on this MAC so don't blame me if it doesn't work.

Bernard

On Sep 14, 2010, at 10:29 , dav kert wrote:

> i still have "/usr/bin/haxe" ...
>
> so i will be waiting for nightly builds ...
>
> thanks

Re: @bind

Bernard Visscher
Sorry my bad, std folder was in the wrong place.
New version uploaded.