apple finally blinked

Hudson Ansley
in case anybody was feeling a bit worried about making iPhone apps
with HaXe due to the developer agreement language, Apple pulled back
on the restrictions:

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/09/09statement.html

http://developer.apple.com/programs/terms/ios/standard/ios_standard_agreement_20100909.pdf

Still don't want any apps that load code (players), but can make an
app using tools other than Apple's without violating the dev agreement
at least...

Regards,
Hudson

Re: apple finally blinked

Justin Donaldson-2
I wonder what changed their (Steve's) mind?  increased Android market share?  New competition with the Samsung tablet?

-Justin

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

blog: http://www.scwn.net
aim: iujjd
twitter: jjdonald

Re: apple finally blinked

singmajesty

I think it was the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 23:49:07 -0700, Justin Donaldson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I wonder what changed their (Steve's) mind?  increased Android market
> share?  New competition with the Samsung tablet?
>
> -Justin
>
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Tony Polinelli
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> ps. phew!... we're not going to get locked up anymore ;P
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> You can even have interpreted code, ie scripts, as long as they're all
>>> included in the app package, not downloaded on the fly. So hscript
>>> should
>>> even be fine!
>>>

>>> Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
>>> _______________________
>>>
>>> Touch My Pixel
>>> http://www.touchmypixel.com/
>>> phone: +61 3 8060 5321
>>> _______________________

>> Tony Polinelli
>> http://touchmypixel.com

Re: apple finally blinked

Juan Delgado
> I think it was the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission

I don't see any other reason, to be honest.

Can't believe that thy Steveness gives a crap about developers
complaining or the raise of Android devices. That's something he well
knew before imposing the ban.

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Joshua Granick
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think it was the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission
>

> On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 23:49:07 -0700, Justin Donaldson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I wonder what changed their (Steve's) mind?  increased Android market
>> share?  New competition with the Samsung tablet?
>>
>> -Justin
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Tony Polinelli
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> ps. phew!... we're not going to get locked up anymore ;P

>>> --
>>> Tony Polinelli
>>> http://touchmypixel.com

Juan Delgado - Zárate