anyone using Sugar hx Textmate?

fintan boyle
anyone using this?
http://haxe.org/com/ide/textmate/sugar_hx_textmate

I am not able to successfully build a project within Textmate (cmd+b) and get this error message:

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable boot_6bbf is not defined.

The project seemingly builds fine but the resulting window with embedded swf is blank.

When I build the same project directly from the Terminal it compiles and opens fine.  The code is a simple hello world trace from within static function main.

Re: anyone using Sugar hx Textmate?

justin_mills
You probably need to setup som TM_ variables so it can find the correct hxml details.

I normally just drag a folder into textmate and then select the hxml file and then from the haxe drop down menu ' build selected' file or similar ( sorry mac's at home so can't be more specific ).  Command B only works if you set up the variables ( right click below project files on the view pane to get varible window for the project you then need to type in the TM variable names and values need for the textmate plugin, I can look them up later if you can't find more info online ).

If you need a ready made textmate project I can send you a flash one when get home, what are you aiming to do with haXe, I may have something specific?

Cheers
;j

Le 18/01/2011 17:22, fintan boyle a écrit :
anyone using this?
http://haxe.org/com/ide/textmate/sugar_hx_textmate

I am not able to successfully build a project within Textmate (cmd+b) and get this error message:

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable boot_6bbf is not defined.

The project seemingly builds fine but the resulting window with embedded swf is blank.

When I build the same project directly from the Terminal it compiles and opens fine.  The code is a simple hello world trace from within static function main.

Re: anyone using Sugar hx Textmate?

Justin Donaldson-3
Hi Fintan,

Can you see if the swf built by textmate is able to be opened on its own?  There may be an issue with the plugin used by the textmate browser window (it may be an old version).

-Justin

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 8:22 AM, fintan boyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
anyone using this?
http://haxe.org/com/ide/textmate/sugar_hx_textmate

I am not able to successfully build a project within Textmate (cmd+b) and get this error message:

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable boot_6bbf is not defined.

The project seemingly builds fine but the resulting window with embedded swf is blank.

When I build the same project directly from the Terminal it compiles and opens fine.  The code is a simple hello world trace from within static function main.

blog: http://www.scwn.net
aim: iujjd
twitter: jjdonald

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 9:27 AM, justin_mills <[hidden email]> wrote:
You probably need to setup som TM_ variables so it can find the correct hxml details.

I normally just drag a folder into textmate and then select the hxml file and then from the haxe drop down menu ' build selected' file or similar ( sorry mac's at home so can't be more specific ).  Command B only works if you set up the variables ( right click below project files on the view pane to get varible window for the project you then need to type in the TM variable names and values need for the textmate plugin, I can look them up later if you can't find more info online ).

If you need a ready made textmate project I can send you a flash one when get home, what are you aiming to do with haXe, I may have something specific?

Cheers
;j

This textmate bundle requires project mode, but it should be giving you an obvious error if you try to build in single file mode.  It should also give you an error if you're missing an hxml file in the project directory.  It should prompt you to select an hxml file if there are more than one.

It also should not be necessary to set TM_ variable names.  These should be set automatically when textmate is in project mode.  I just dragged and dropped folders into a generic project, adjusted the hxml appropriately, and everything worked without TM_ variable name modifications.

IIRC the bundle just needs TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY, it sets up special versions of the currently selected hxml build, and autodoc output according to that directory.

Also, please make sure you have the latest version of the bundle via GetBundles...

If you're still having problems, I'll check back in later.

Thanks,
-Justin

Le 18/01/2011 17:22, fintan boyle a écrit :
anyone using this?
http://haxe.org/com/ide/textmate/sugar_hx_textmate

I am not able to successfully build a project within Textmate (cmd+b) and get this error message:

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable boot_6bbf is not defined.

The project seemingly builds fine but the resulting window with embedded swf is blank.

When I build the same project directly from the Terminal it compiles and opens fine.  The code is a simple hello world trace from within static function main.

blog: http://www.scwn.net
aim: iujjd
twitter: jjdonald

Re: anyone using Sugar hx Textmate?

fintan boyle

Can you see if the swf built by textmate is able to be opened on its own?

Hi Justin, I opened it in Flash CS5 and that is where I see the error.  The TextMate browser window displays the same outcome but without the runtime error.  I should be able to see the trace 'hello world' on the stage but it is blank in both cases.  It is definitely building the correct hxml file because the resulting swf is formatted with this setting in the hxml - -swf-header 300:250:24:FFFF00
(I can compile using this hxml file from the terminal with the intended outcome with no problems whatsoever)

This textmate bundle requires project mode

I set up a project from:

File > New from template > haxe2 > haXe Flash Project

Is this correct?

If you need a ready made textmate project I can send you a flash one when get home

Hi Justin, thanks for your help on this.  I should add that I am new to Textmate.  A ready made blank project would be good just to see if it works ok for me.  I am using haXe primarily for Flash dev and probably some js work down the line.

cheers,

Fintan

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Justin Donaldson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

It seems you might have another textmate bundle in addition to my own... or maybe a very old version of my bundle.

the haxe2 bundle is different than the HaXe bundle... check the bundle list, and then you can use GetBundles to delete the outdated one.

The only template project creation option I have in my current bundle is:

File->New From Template -> HaXe-> HaXe Project

-Justin

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:35 PM, fintan boyle <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

theRemix
@fintan

if you aren't seeing runtime errors, make sure you have installed, and are using the Flash Player 10.1 Projector content debugger

「the.remix」

On Jan 18, 2011, at 10:35 AM, fintan boyle wrote:

[...]

I've used GetBundle to remove the other haxe bundle (oops!) and have created a new haXe project with the latest SugerHx bundle but I still have a similar problem.

I've attached a screenshot of the compiler feedback window - it doesn't show the swf file in this window - I was expecting to see the swf in this window but maybe I'm wrong.  When it opens in the default app (Flash CS5 in my case), it displays a similar runtime error message to the last one:

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable boot_c60f is not defined.

Screen shot 2011-01-18 at 22.37.31.png (58K) Download Attachment

Re: anyone using Sugar hx Textmate?

theRemix
I'm using a modified version of the haXe2.tmbundle, not the SugarHx bundle.

i do not use the TM compiler feedback window like your screenshot, i simply echo as tooltip (faster)
then i have another keystroke command to open the resulting .swf in Flash Player debugger

to compile:
(screenshot of Edit Command: "Build")

then to test the swf, here's my command
(screenshot of Edit Command: "Run debug.swf")

# Compiles from the project default build.hxml file
echo running: "$TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY"/deploy/debug.swf
echo

/Applications/Flash\ Player\ Debugger.app/Contents/MacOS/Flash\ Player\ Debugger "$TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY"/deploy/debug.swf

-----

of course this requires that you have your swf exactly at ./deploy/debug.swf  (so change this if you output to a different relative path)
also this is the path to my Flash Player Debugger executable using OSX (so change this for windows path if you are on windows)

----

i'm not sure if this helps you at all. i doubt it hurts :)
it just sounds wrong to me that you have to use Adobe Flash CS5 at all for compiling, debugging, or previewing.

hth.

「the.remix」

On Jan 18, 2011, at 12:46 PM, fintan boyle wrote:

[...]

The bundle doesn't display output automatically, you have to include the following somewhere in your hxml file:

# @tm-preview

there is a tab completion (hxml only) to insert the same thing:

pre<tab>

Your hxml doesn't look like it is a problem otherwise.  The reference error is strange.  This happens sometimes in haxe with application domain issues (loading external swf's).

One thought... try running this from within the textmate editor (press command-r after the following line).

ls -l `which haxe`

make sure it's pointing at the right version of haxe for you.

Textmate uses different path settings than your shell.  You have to set the path manually in some cases.  Check the attached screengrab.

-Justin

Picture 7.png (62K) Download Attachment

Re: anyone using Sugar hx Textmate?

fintan boyle
Justin - adding HAXE_LIBRARY_PATH to the path settings has solved the problem. (I didn't need to add /usr/local/haxe/bin to the PATH)

thanks for bearing with my questions guys! I would still be trying to figure it out without your tips and suggestions.

theRemix - I like your custom build command. echoing compiler feedback to a tooltip is nice.  I've also changed my build file to open the swf in the debug player - I should have done this a long time ago ;-)

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:01 AM, fintan boyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
Justin - adding HAXE_LIBRARY_PATH to the path settings has solved the problem. (I didn't need to add /usr/local/haxe/bin to the PATH)

Yep, that's actually the suggested way to do it. I need to update mine as well.

Glad it's working!

By the way...
The content preview works for javascript in addition to swf.  You can also add in arbitrary html elements via further hxml commands listed on the help page.
It's nice to not have to set up a web page every time to do a simple test.

-Justin

--
blog: http://www.scwn.net
aim: iujjd

Re: anyone using Sugar hx Textmate?

theRemix
Hey Fintan,

happy that you're up and running now. and glad we can help.

enjoy faster development with debugging!

「the.remix」