and more competition ;-)

Raoul Duke

Re: and more competition ;-)

laurence taylor
It's revolutionary, I can't imagine why nobody thought of it before.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://techcrunch.com/2011/05/13/native-apps-or-web-apps-particle-code-wants-you-to-do-both/

Re: and more competition ;-)

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
The one thing that should be noted from this is that they have a single IDE. This makes a big difference to learning / teaching. Something to be considered if we really want to push things. (not creating an IDE but simply consistency)

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Laurence Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's revolutionary, I can't imagine why nobody thought of it before.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://techcrunch.com/2011/05/13/native-apps-or-web-apps-particle-code-wants-you-to-do-both/

Re: and more competition ;-)

Alex Liebert
i'd like to make strong integration with flashdevelop for nme after
the next release, i think josh g. was also interested in working on
this.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The one thing that should be noted from this is that they have a single IDE.
> This makes a big difference to learning / teaching. Something to be
> considered if we really want to push things. (not creating an IDE but
> simply consistency)
>

> Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
> _______________________
>
> Touch My Pixel
> http://www.touchmypixel.com/
> phone: +61 3 8060 5321
> _______________________
>

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Laurence Taylor <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> It's revolutionary, I can't imagine why nobody thought of it before.
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> http://techcrunch.com/2011/05/13/native-apps-or-web-apps-particle-code-wants-you-to-do-both/

Re: and more competition ;-)

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
We wary that FD is only Windows (sadly). Wish it wasn't so but ... maybe have a chat to the FDT guys - I'm sure they'd love it!

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The one thing that should be noted from this is that they have a single IDE.
> This makes a big difference to learning / teaching. Something to be
> considered if we really want to push things. (not creating an IDE but
> simply consistency)
>

> Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
> _______________________
>
> Touch My Pixel
> http://www.touchmypixel.com/
> phone: <a href="tel:%2B61%203%208060%205321" value="+61380605321">+61 3 8060 5321
> _______________________
>

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Laurence Taylor <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> It's revolutionary, I can't imagine why nobody thought of it before.
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> http://techcrunch.com/2011/05/13/native-apps-or-web-apps-particle-code-wants-you-to-do-both/

Re: and more competition ;-)

Alex Liebert
based on eclipse, gross :)

i have yet to find a suitable haxe editor for os x.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> We wary that FD is only Windows (sadly). Wish it wasn't so but ... maybe
> have a chat to the FDT guys - I'm sure they'd love it!
>

> Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
> _______________________
>
> Touch My Pixel
> http://www.touchmypixel.com/
> phone: +61 3 8060 5321
> _______________________
>

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Alex Liebert <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> i'd like to make strong integration with flashdevelop for nme after
>> the next release, i think josh g. was also interested in working on
>> this.
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > The one thing that should be noted from this is that they have a single
>> > IDE.
>> > This makes a big difference to learning / teaching. Something to be
>> > considered if we really want to push things. (not creating an IDE but
>> > simply consistency)
>> >

>> > Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
>> > _______________________
>> >
>> > Touch My Pixel
>> > http://www.touchmypixel.com/
>> > phone: +61 3 8060 5321
>> > _______________________
>> >

>> > On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Laurence Taylor
>> > <[hidden email]>

>> > --
>> > haXe - an open source web programming language
>> > http://haxe.org

RE: and more competition ;-)

I’d agree here… I bet the FDT guys would be all over this.  However, someone would be needed as point of contact in order to make sure all needed features were addressed.

Lee

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The one thing that should be noted from this is that they have a single IDE.
> This makes a big difference to learning / teaching. Something to be
> considered if we really want to push things. (not creating an IDE but
> simply consistency)
>

> Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
> _______________________
>
> Touch My Pixel
> http://www.touchmypixel.com/
> phone: <a href="tel:%2B61%203%208060%205321">+61 3 8060 5321
> _______________________
>

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Laurence Taylor <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> It's revolutionary, I can't imagine why nobody thought of it before.
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> http://techcrunch.com/2011/05/13/native-apps-or-web-apps-particle-code-wants-you-to-do-both/

Re: and more competition ;-)

singmajesty
When we are ready, it would be nice to have FlashDevelop and FDT support
for the project format. I'll ping them when we get there.

When I am on Linux I use gedit. Admittedly, I've been back on Windows a
lot more recently, as I've been using FlashDevelop in order to work on the
install tool. FlashDevelop is great for managing projects with a lot of
different files. I enjoy vim and gedit more when I do not have to bounce
around between files as much. FlashDevelop is the reason why I switch to
Windows, even though I otherwise use Linux for everything

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 00:25:43 -0700, Lee Sylvester <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'd agree here. I bet the FDT guys would be all over this.  However,
> someone
> would be needed as point of contact in order to make sure all needed
> features were addressed.
>

> Lee

Re: and more competition ;-)

alexander.konotop
В Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:12:37 -0700
"Joshua Granick" <[hidden email]> пишет:

> When we are ready, it would be nice to have FlashDevelop and FDT
> support for the project format. I'll ping them when we get there.
>
> When I am on Linux I use gedit. Admittedly, I've been back on Windows
> a lot more recently, as I've been using FlashDevelop in order to work
> on the install tool. FlashDevelop is great for managing projects with
> a lot of different files. I enjoy vim and gedit more when I do not
> have to bounce around between files as much. FlashDevelop is the
> reason why I switch to Windows, even though I otherwise use Linux for
> everything
>

> On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 00:25:43 -0700, Lee Sylvester
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I'd agree here. I bet the FDT guys would be all over this.
> > However, someone
> > would be needed as point of contact in order to make sure all needed
> > features were addressed.
> >

> > Lee

I use Geany to work with projects which have multiple files. Compiling
by shift+f9, finding methods and switching between files using sidebar.
I wish no more to this functionality :-) It doesn't have haxe code
autocompletion but I don't like this feature, I always used to turn it
off (Yes, maybe I need a psychiatrist but You won't change me :-)).

I used gedit before but switched to geany when removed gnome and
installed xfce.

Best regards
Alexander

Re: and more competition ;-)

Andreas Mokros
Hi.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 19:23:59 +0300
Alexander Konotop <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I use Geany to work with projects which have multiple files.

Hey, one more Geany user :-)

> It doesn't have
> haxe code autocompletion but I don't like this feature, I always used
> to turn it off (Yes, maybe I need a psychiatrist but You won't change
> me :-)).

Interesting. I can't live without code-completion anymore. I just
realized this when forced to work in Notepad++ under Windows. I wrote my
own geany plugin for haxe completion. It's not perfect (never had time
for a rewrite) but sort of does its job...

--
Mockey

Re: and more competition ;-)

alexander.konotop
В Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:38:36 +0200
Andreas Mokros <[hidden email]> пишет:

> Hi.
>
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 19:23:59 +0300
> Alexander Konotop <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I use Geany to work with projects which have multiple files.
>
> Hey, one more Geany user :-)
>
> > It doesn't have
> > haxe code autocompletion but I don't like this feature, I always
> > used to turn it off (Yes, maybe I need a psychiatrist but You won't
> > change me :-)).
>
> Interesting. I can't live without code-completion anymore. I just
> realized this when forced to work in Notepad++ under Windows. I wrote
> my own geany plugin for haxe completion. It's not perfect (never had
> time for a rewrite) but sort of does its job...
Good job :-) Seems like You like code completion really a lot :-)
> --
> Mockey

Best regards
Alexander

Re: and more competition ;-)

blackdog

I have an unmaintained geany haxe plugin, which danny and I worked on
for a while a couple of years back. along with code completion and neko
is embedded in geany so scripting is possible.

The plugin api has changed a lot I guess since I wrote it so that would
be the main issue, but you may find it useful,

it's here

https://github.com/blackdog66/hxDev

I did the original haxe mode for geany, don't know if it's been updated
since.

bd.

--
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~ Leonardo da Vinci

Re: and more competition ;-)

Dion Whitehead Amago
jEdit has a haxe plugin with autocompletion, auto imports, ctags
parsing, projects, and more, and it runs on all platforms with Java.
I've been dogfooding it for about a year now.

2011/7/13 blackdog <[hidden email]>:

> I have an unmaintained geany haxe plugin, which danny and I worked on for a
> while a couple of years back. along with code completion and neko is
> embedded in geany so scripting is possible.
>
> The plugin api has changed a lot I guess since I wrote it so that would be
> the main issue, but you may find it useful,
>
> it's here
>
> https://github.com/blackdog66/hxDev
>
> I did the original haxe mode for geany, don't know if it's been updated
> since.
>
> bd.
>
> On 07/13/2011 12:23 PM, Alexander Konotop wrote:
>>
>> В Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:12:37 -0700
>> "Joshua Granick"<[hidden email]>  пишет:
>>
>>> When we are ready, it would be nice to have FlashDevelop and FDT
>>> support for the project format. I'll ping them when we get there.
>>>
>>> When I am on Linux I use gedit. Admittedly, I've been back on Windows
>>> a lot more recently, as I've been using FlashDevelop in order to work
>>> on the install tool. FlashDevelop is great for managing projects with
>>> a lot of different files. I enjoy vim and gedit more when I do not
>>> have to bounce around between files as much. FlashDevelop is the
>>> reason why I switch to Windows, even though I otherwise use Linux for
>>> everything

I really like jedit, have used it extensively - i don't use it or any
java app as jvm memory consumption offends me. Jedit comes in at 83MB
usage on startup, no plugins, no open files.

Slava Pestov moved to emacs too
http://factor-language.blogspot.com/2009/01/screencast-editing-factor-code-with.html
;)

bd

On 07/13/2011 03:05 PM, Dion Whitehead Amago wrote:

> jEdit has a haxe plugin with autocompletion, auto imports, ctags
> parsing, projects, and more, and it runs on all platforms with Java.
> I've been dogfooding it for about a year now.
>
> 2011/7/13 blackdog<[hidden email]>:
>> I have an unmaintained geany haxe plugin, which danny and I worked on for a
>> while a couple of years back. along with code completion and neko is
>> embedded in geany so scripting is possible.
>>
>> The plugin api has changed a lot I guess since I wrote it so that would be
>> the main issue, but you may find it useful,
>>
>> it's here
>>
>> https://github.com/blackdog66/hxDev
>>
>> I did the original haxe mode for geany, don't know if it's been updated
>> since.
>>
>> bd.
>>
>> On 07/13/2011 12:23 PM, Alexander Konotop wrote:
>>> В Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:12:37 -0700

MartinLindelof
I just left sluggish eclihx, for textmate, and i must say it's _the_ best so far.
extremly fast on auto-complete, can import by pressing apple+i after class name.

so many customizations... templates, snippets... it's just a dream to code with.

--
Martin Lindelöf
www.martinlindelof.com

<[hidden email]> wrote:

I'd agree here. I bet the FDT guys would be all over this.
However, someone
would be needed as point of contact in order to make sure all needed
features were addressed.

Lee

We wary that FD is only Windows (sadly). Wish it wasn't so but ...
maybe have a chat to the FDT guys - I'm sure they'd love it!

phone: <a href="tel:%2B61%203%208060%205321" value="+61380605321" target="_blank">+61 3 8060 5321
_______________________

<[hidden email]> wrote:
The one thing that should be noted from this is that they have a
single
IDE.
This makes a big difference to learning / teaching. Something to be
considered if we really want to push things. (not creating an IDE
but simply consistency)

phone: <a href="tel:%2B61%203%208060%205321" value="+61380605321" target="_blank">+61 3 8060 5321<tel:%2B61%203%208060%205321>
_______________________

wrote:
http://techcrunch.com/2011/05/13/native-apps-or-web-apps-particle-code-wants
-you-to-do-both/
I use Geany to work with projects which have multiple files. Compiling
by shift+f9, finding methods and switching between files using sidebar.
I wish no more to this functionality :-) It doesn't have haxe code
autocompletion but I don't like this feature, I always used to turn it
off (Yes, maybe I need a psychiatrist but You won't change me :-)).

I used gedit before but switched to geany when removed gnome and
installed xfce.

Best regards
Alexander

--
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~ Leonardo da Vinci

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~ Leonardo da Vinci

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: and more competition ;-)

Alex Liebert
hm, i gave up textmate because it didn't seem to have a pane to
explore a project/package.  did i miss something?

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Justin Donaldson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>> "Joshua Granick"<[hidden email]> пишет:
>>>
>>> When we are ready, it would be nice to have FlashDevelop and FDT
>>> support for the project format. I'll ping them when we get there.
>>>
>>> When I am on Linux I use gedit. Admittedly, I've been back on Windows
>>> a lot more recently, as I've been using FlashDevelop in order to work
>>> on the install tool. FlashDevelop is great for managing projects with
>>> a lot of different files. I enjoy vim and gedit more when I do not
>>> have to bounce around between files as much. FlashDevelop is the
>>> reason why I switch to Windows, even though I otherwise use Linux for
>>> everything
>>>

>>> On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 00:25:43 -0700, Lee Sylvester
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd agree here. I bet the FDT guys would be all over this.
>>> However, someone
>>> would be needed as point of contact in order to make sure all needed

Re: and more competition ;-)

Dion Whitehead Amago
> I really like jedit, have used it extensively - i don't use it or any java
> app as jvm memory consumption offends me. Jedit comes in at 83MB usage on
> startup, no plugins, no open files.

jedit's use of 83mb out of a typical new machine's ram of >> 4GB offends you?

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/1992-09-08/

Re: and more competition ;-)

Justin Donaldson-3
In "project mode" there is a popup drawer of relevant files.

You can open directories with the "mate" command, and it will automatically make a project based on the given directory.

This is also useful:
http://ciaranwal.sh/2008/08/05/textmate-plug-in-projectplus

-Justin