adding libraries in flashdevelop

Seren Matthews

Hi, I was following this post http://haxe.org/com/libs/feffects and trying to add the compiler arguments using '-lib feffects'. But when i try to compile i get this error ''haxelib' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file'. It was compiling fine until i started messing around with adding libraries. I'd really like to know how to do this so i can tween! Sorry for the noob q, thanks for your patience :)

Seren

Re: adding libraries in flashdevelop

tom rhodes
Hi,

did you install it first with the commandline "haxelib install feffects"?

On 26 March 2010 10:43, Seren Matthews <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, I was following this post http://haxe.org/com/libs/feffects and trying to add the compiler arguments using '-lib feffects'. But when i try to compile i get this error ''haxelib' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file'. It was compiling fine until i started messing around with adding libraries. I'd really like to know how to do this so i can tween! Sorry for the noob q, thanks for your patience :)

Seren

Re: adding libraries in flashdevelop

Simon Krajewski
Hi,

not sure if it could be the reason, but is your haxe directory
containing haxelib.exe in your path? It probably is given that the
compiler itself is found, but you never know...

Regards
Simon

Seren Matthews schrieb:

> yep! I did. :)
>
> On 26 March 2010 10:32, tom rhodes <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     did you install it first with the commandline "haxelib install
>     feffects"?
>
>     On 26 March 2010 10:43, Seren Matthews <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>         Hi, I was following this post
>         http://haxe.org/com/libs/feffects and trying to add the
>         compiler arguments using '-lib feffects'. But when i try to
>         compile i get this error ''haxelib' is not recognized as an
>         internal or external command,
>         operable program or batch file'. It was compiling fine until i
>         started messing around with adding libraries. I'd really like
>         to know how to do this so i can tween! Sorry for the noob q,
>         thanks for your patience :)
>
>         Seren
>

>         --
>         haXe - an open source web programming language
>         http://haxe.org
>

>     --
>     http://haxe.org

Re: adding libraries in flashdevelop

François Rey
How did you add the libraries to the haxe command line?
Normal way is in Project Properties>Compiler Options>Libraries (press ... to
add one library per line)

Re: adding libraries in flashdevelop

Heinz Hölzer-2
If you add them under libraries you have to insert only library-names (one per line) in the textfield (-lib is not needed here).

Am 26.03.2010 10:43, schrieb Seren Matthews:

Hi, I was following this post http://haxe.org/com/libs/feffects and trying to add the compiler arguments using '-lib feffects'. But when i try to compile i get this error ''haxelib' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file'. It was compiling fine until i started messing around with adding libraries. I'd really like to know how to do this so i can tween! Sorry for the noob q, thanks for your patience :)

Seren

Re: adding libraries in flashdevelop

Roberto Ferrer
Hi, I have a similiar problem, but with haxelib, it just don' t works, btw I use some libraries like feffects with flashdevelop. Haxelib is a tool but you can do the same by other ways.
I use feffects and other libs adding them to my project classpath. (FlashDevelop->Project Options->ClassPath->Add Classpath-> here you select the directory where the library is.( my case: C:\haxe\libraries\feffects)

The bad news is that you have to download manually and unpack the libraries from lib.haxe.org.
Regards

El 26/03/2010 9:21, Heinz Hölzer escribió:
If you add them under libraries you have to insert only library-names (one per line) in the textfield (-lib is not needed here).

Am 26.03.2010 10:43, schrieb Seren Matthews:

Hi, I was following this post http://haxe.org/com/libs/feffects and trying to add the compiler arguments using '-lib feffects'. But when i try to compile i get this error ''haxelib' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file'. It was compiling fine until i started messing around with adding libraries. I'd really like to know how to do this so i can tween! Sorry for the noob q, thanks for your patience :)

Seren

Re: adding libraries in flashdevelop

go2ghana
  Am 27.03.2010 16:52, schrieb Seren Matthews:

> Hi, yes the library is definitely installed, i have tried adding the
> name of the library in the compiler options library field.  Thanks
> roberto, i will try downloading and adding the libraries manually :)
>
> On 27 March 2010 15:08, Roberto Ferrer <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, I have a similiar problem, but with haxelib, it just don' t
>     works, btw I use some libraries like feffects with flashdevelop.
>     Haxelib is a tool but you can do the same by other ways.
>     I use feffects and other libs adding them to my project classpath.
>     (FlashDevelop->Project Options->ClassPath->Add Classpath-> here
>     you select the directory where the library is.( my case:
>     C:\haxe\libraries\feffects)
>
>     The bad news is that you have to download manually and unpack the
>     libraries from lib.haxe.org <http://lib.haxe.org>.
>     Regards
>

>     El 26/03/2010 9:21, Heinz Hölzer escribió:
>>     If you add them under libraries you have to insert only
>>     library-names (one per line) in the textfield (-lib is not needed
>>     here).
>>
>>     Am 26.03.2010 10:43, schrieb Seren Matthews:
>>>
>>>     Hi, I was following this post http://haxe.org/com/libs/feffects
>>>     and trying to add the compiler arguments using '-lib feffects'.
>>>     But when i try to compile i get this error ''haxelib' is not
>>>     recognized as an internal or external command,
>>>     operable program or batch file'. It was compiling fine until i
>>>     started messing around with adding libraries. I'd really like to
>>>     know how to do this so i can tween! Sorry for the noob q, thanks
>>>     for your patience :)
>>>
>>>     Seren
>>>

>     --
>     http://haxe.org

Hi,
for me it also works well if I simply add the path were haxelib puts the
lib.
e.g.:C:\Programme\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\feffects\1,1,2

Cordially,
Axel