Will Cube support NME target also ?

Eric Priou
Hi,

Wonder if Lee's framework will be cross-target.
---
Eric Priou aka erixtekila

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

sledorze
Cube?

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

Eric Priou
Cube?
haxelegs ;)

Le 22 juin 2011 à 19:07, Lee a écrit :

Hi Martin,

Sorry I wasn't around to reply.  I think James answered very well, but
I'd like to mention some info.

Cube (named as such because it's multi-faceted) is almost an identical
port of RobotLegs with the exception that :-

a) the Injector is very different, and written from scratch from my own
noggin.
b) the interface is pretty much the same, but the code differs as it's
haXe, not AS3.
b) there are numerous changes to make it more cross-platform friendly
c) Cube will not follow behind RobotLegs, but will take on it's own
features as and when they are needed.  My intention of Cube is to keep
it very simple to use and very lightweight, while remaining useful.
Signals make strong sense to be included, so once I further abstract the
eventing framework (it uses hxEvents atm), then I'll have both as an
option, with the ability to accept other event frameworks as an option.
Also, I'd like to keep a library of useful Model classes for common
tasks, so will have those in there, too, at some point.

In effect, while Cube is much like RobotLegs to use now, I will be
paying close attention to users needs so that it becomes it's own
framework with it's own future.

Hope that helps.

Lee

---
Eric Priou aka erixtekila

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

Lee Sylvester

Hey Eric,

Yes, Cube can support any of haXe’ targets.  It uses only cross platform features, so should be good to go.  We’ll be releasing it during Flash on the Beach, next week.  I’ll be sure to include a decent write up of how to use it (compared to RL), as there are a few differences, but it’s bloody powerful.  We’ve been enjoying using it with some HUGE haXe-JS projects, and it works like a dream.  Makes big JS apps much simpler.  I imagine it’ll be really beneficial with NME, too.

Lee

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

Ahh, sorry Eric… I thought you wrote that :-)  Cube and haXeLegs are separate projects.  Both are quite different code wise, but function the same.  I’ve been using Cube, now, for over a year, and I’ve not found any bugs in that time, so it’s definitely usable.  The FSM I wrote is my own custom implementation, and will also require a write up to explain it’s use.  It’s pretty straightforward, though.

Lee

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

Eric Priou
<base href="x-msg://178/">
Le 7 sept. 2011 à 16:30, Lee Sylvester a écrit :

Ahh, sorry Eric… I thought you wrote that :-)  Cube and haXeLegs are separate projects.  Both are quite different code wise, but function the same.  I’ve been using Cube, now, for over a year, and I’ve not found any bugs in that time, so it’s definitely usable.  The FSM I wrote is my own custom implementation, and will also require a write up to explain it’s use.  It’s pretty straightforward, though.

Lee

Then I misanderstood !

To clarify : Correct me if I'm wrong (doesn't want to break your FOTB announce BTW)
Cube and haxlegs are differents projects.
They use DI pattern.
They target all haXe ones.
They are better documented than RL :-p
They likes cookies ?

Wish I could have gone to FOTB this year !!
I wonder if they'll publish video recordings also.
---
Eric Priou aka erixtekila

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

Eric Priou
hm… Lee

What about XirSys ?!

I'm totally disoriented now !
---
Eric Priou aka erixtekila
http://www.ericpriou.net

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

sledorze
Take it easy but 'Cube' is very difficult to search for on the internet.. :\

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Eric Priou [via Haxe] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/Will-Cube-support-NME-target-also-tp6767164p6768077.html

Stéphane Le Dorze

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

<base href="x-msg://178/">

Then I misanderstood !

:-)

To clarify : Correct me if I'm wrong (doesn't want to break your FOTB announce BTW)

Cube and haxlegs are differents projects.  - Yes

They use DI pattern. - Yes

They target all haXe ones. - Yes

They are better documented than RL :-p  - Not yet, but Cube will be “very” well documented “very” soon.

They likes cookies ?  - Interesting question… In what way would you like cookies supported?

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

XirSys is something totally different that can use Cube (and in fact, we do
:-) ).  We're announcing XirSys fully at FotB, too.  XirSys is revolutionary
in capability, but extremely simple to use.  You'll see for yourself if you
attend FotB :-)  Are you?

Lee

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

Yes, we’ve kept it private for a long time, now, because it coincides with other big, amazing and quite ground breaking projects ;-)  Namely, XirSys.

Lee

[...]

To unsubscribe from Will Cube support NME target also ?, click here.

--

Stéphane Le Dorze

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

Ahh, sorry, I think I understand what you mean… When released, it’ll be easier to search for “Cube MVC”.

Lee

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

Benjamin Dasnois
Hi Lee,

Would be great if you could ensure that we, those who can't attend FoTB, also get it. ;)
I'm still very interested in Xirsys (unfortunately did not get any feedback when I wanted to try it.)

Regards,

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Lee Sylvester <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tel: <a href="tel:%2B33%20%280%29%206%2008%20%C2%A076%2070%2015" value="+33608767015" target="_blank">+33 (0) 6 08  76 70 15

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/Will-Cube-support-NME-target-also-tp6767164p6768150.html

Stéphane Le Dorze

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

Hey Benjamin,

I’m sorry to hear you didn’t get any feedback.  We’re currently looking for a limited number of public beta testers that will give XirSys a thorough looking over, test each of its features, utilise it to make something cool and otherwise just help out by providing good solid feedback… If you feel you’d like to do this, drop me a description of what you have in mind for XirSys at lee[at]influxis.com.  In the long run, we’re hoping that XirSys will help boost the haXe community, though I can’t fully explain how that will happen right now ;-)  Again, stuff for FotB…  I will, however, be releasing a lot of info after the event for those that do not attend.

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

tom rhodes
good to hear about the info for those who can't be there, really very interesting stuff.

On 7 September 2011 17:24, Lee Sylvester <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Benjamin,

I’m sorry to hear you didn’t get any feedback.  We’re currently looking for a limited number of public beta testers that will give XirSys a thorough looking over, test each of its features, utilise it to make something cool and otherwise just help out by providing good solid feedback… If you feel you’d like to do this, drop me a description of what you have in mind for XirSys at lee[at]influxis.com.  In the long run, we’re hoping that XirSys will help boost the haXe community, though I can’t fully explain how that will happen right now ;-)  Again, stuff for FotB…  I will, however, be releasing a lot of info after the event for those that do not attend.

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

Eric Priou
<base href="x-msg://51/">Hi Lee,

Any news regarding FOTB release (for those you were not there…) ?

Le 7 sept. 2011 à 16:27, Lee Sylvester a écrit :
We’ll be releasing it during Flash on the Beach, next week.  I’ll be sure to include a decent write up of how to use it (compared to RL), as there are a few differences, but it’s bloody powerful.

Thanks !

---
Eric Priou aka erixtekila

Re: Will Cube support NME target also ?

Lee Sylvester
<base href="x-msg://51/">

Hey Eric,

I’ll be posting to haXeLib in a short while :-)