Which version of C# will HaXe target?

David Peek
I know, I could just wait until Saturday, but have been discussing the possibilities the target opens with co-workers and couldn't find this information anywhere...

If it's 4.0 there are some smart .Net cookies here that could contribute to backwards compatibility :)

Cheers,
David

Re: Which version of C# will HaXe target?

Cauê W.
Hey !

I'm targeting C# 2.0 / .NET 2.0 and later. So basically it supports any version of C# !
There are some nice optimizations that C# 4.0 has introduced for working with dynamic types, but quite frankly, I still have to see if our current implementation is not faster, and also it wouldn't be compatible with unity nor with Windows Mobile, Xbox, silverlight, etc.

Cheers!
Cauê

2011/5/5 David Peek <[hidden email]>
I know, I could just wait until Saturday, but have been discussing the possibilities the target opens with co-workers and couldn't find this information anywhere...

If it's 4.0 there are some smart .Net cookies here that could contribute to backwards compatibility :)

Cheers,
David

Re: Which version of C# will HaXe target?

David Peek
Thanks Cauê, that's fantastic news! Can't wait to get our UI framework targeting Silverlight too :)

You'll have some big supporters/testers/patchers at Massive (the company I work at). Is the plan to release anything this weekend, or only announce/demo?

Thanks,
David