Using Flex 3 from Haxe

Max S-3
How do I use Flex 3 from Haxe? It seems I need extern declarations
generated from Flex library by --gen-hx-classes, but doing so on
library from framework.swc of Flex 3.3 generates .hx files with
mistakes (after correcting the first round of bugs they still won't
compile). I found a pack of generated Flex 3 classes on some blog, but
they are from Flex 3 Beta of 2007 and do not work with current haxe
anyway.

Re: Using Flex 3 from Haxe

Max S-3
Hm, nobody uses Flex 3 it seems? What API do people use to write UI in
haxe/flash usually?

Nicolas, could you please comment on the --gen-hx-classes option, is
it not complete yet? Some of the hx files it generates are non-usable.

2009/6/30 Max S <[hidden email]>:
> How do I use Flex 3 from Haxe? It seems I need extern declarations
> generated from Flex library by --gen-hx-classes, but doing so on
> library from framework.swc of Flex 3.3 generates .hx files with
> mistakes (after correcting the first round of bugs they still won't
> compile). I found a pack of generated Flex 3 classes on some blog, but
> they are from Flex 3 Beta of 2007 and do not work with current haxe
> anyway.

Re: Re: Using Flex 3 from Haxe

Tony Polinelli
I think people have used the flex2 components, but at the moment there have been issues with using the flash 3 - i'm not sure what as i havent tried myself. I've used the flash components before. There is also arctic i think (look on haxelib) but that doesnt have too many components

2009/6/30 Max S <[hidden email]>:
> How do I use Flex 3 from Haxe? It seems I need extern declarations
> generated from Flex library by --gen-hx-classes, but doing so on
> library from framework.swc of Flex 3.3 generates .hx files with
> mistakes (after correcting the first round of bugs they still won't
> compile). I found a pack of generated Flex 3 classes on some blog, but
> they are from Flex 3 Beta of 2007 and do not work with current haxe
> anyway.

Re: Re: Using Flex 3 from Haxe

Max S a écrit :
> Hm, nobody uses Flex 3 it seems? What API do people use to write UI in
> haxe/flash usually?
>
> Nicolas, could you please comment on the --gen-hx-classes option, is
> it not complete yet? Some of the hx files it generates are non-usable.

There are still some open issues with --gen-hx-classes with Flex. I have
to look into it, but I guess it will be really fixed once we have SWC
input for haXe, which is not planed for 2.04 but might be for 2.05

Re: Re: Using Flex 3 from Haxe

gershon
Hm, nobody uses Flex 3 it seems? What API do people use to write UI in
haxe/flash usually?

hey max, might want to try out haxegui, its yet to be documented, but should be straightforward to begin with, and i'm usually around in #haxe

Re: Re: Using Flex 3 from Haxe

Chris Hecker

 > hey max, might want to try out haxegui

Not having an online demo for an online technology makes me cry.  You
want me to download a zip file for a flash demo?!?

:)

Chris

gershon wrote:
>     Hm, nobody uses Flex 3 it seems? What API do people use to write UI in
>     haxe/flash usually?
>

> hey max, might want to try out haxegui
> <http://code.google.com/p/haxegui/>, its yet to be documented, but
> should be straightforward to begin with, and i'm usually around in #haxe

Re: Re: Using Flex 3 from Haxe

makc
I've found one here,
http://haxegui.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/samples/main.swf

but it doesnt seem to work :(

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 3:29 AM, Chris Hecker<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> hey max, might want to try out haxegui
>
> Not having an online demo for an online technology makes me cry.  You want
> me to download a zip file for a flash demo?!?
>
> :)
>
> Chris
>

> gershon wrote:
>>
>>    Hm, nobody uses Flex 3 it seems? What API do people use to write UI in
>>    haxe/flash usually?
>>

>> hey max, might want to try out haxegui
>> <http://code.google.com/p/haxegui/>, its yet to be documented, but should be
>> straightforward to begin with, and i'm usually around in #haxe

Re: Re: Using Flex 3 from Haxe

Max S-3
Well I wanted a gui with gui builder like flex has. Flash itself has
gui classes to work with,
but everything has to be done by hand which is not very convenient.

2009/7/3 gershon <[hidden email]>:

>> Hm, nobody uses Flex 3 it seems? What API do people use to write UI in
>> haxe/flash usually?
>

> hey max, might want to try out haxegui, its yet to be documented, but should
> be straightforward to begin with, and i'm usually around in #haxe

Re: Re: Using Flex 3 from Haxe

Max S-3
Okay, I guess I'll have to wait for it. What does Motion Twin use to
build flash guis in
its projects?

2009/7/2 Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]>:

> Max S a écrit :
>>
>> Hm, nobody uses Flex 3 it seems? What API do people use to write UI in
>> haxe/flash usually?
>>
>> Nicolas, could you please comment on the --gen-hx-classes option, is
>> it not complete yet? Some of the hx files it generates are non-usable.
>
> There are still some open issues with --gen-hx-classes with Flex. I have to
> look into it, but I guess it will be really fixed once we have SWC input for
> haXe, which is not planed for 2.04 but might be for 2.05

Re: Re: Using Flex 3 from Haxe

Nicolas Cannasse
Max S a écrit :
> Okay, I guess I'll have to wait for it. What does Motion Twin use to
> build flash guis in
> its projects?

We don't do Flash GUI :) HTML is much more simple for that.

Re: Re: Using Flex 3 from Haxe

Max S-3
That won't work if you intend to make the project for any flash games portal.
Though I do like the approach itself.