Unserializer Error

Lee Sylvester
Hey guys,

I'm trying to build a multiuser server, but I keep getting an error in
the Neko layer at line 221 in the Unserializer class. The output of the
buffer in that line is :

fxy15:Error%20%231009

Is there a way to work out what's going on, here?

Re: Unserializer Error

Lee Sylvester
Ahh, it's okay. I finally found out what's causing it ;-)

Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I'm trying to build a multiuser server, but I keep getting an error in
> the Neko layer at line 221 in the Unserializer class. The output of
> the buffer in that line is :
>
> fxy15:Error%20%231009
>
> Is there a way to work out what's going on, here?
>
> Thanks,
> Lee

Re: Unserializer Error

Lee Sylvester
It seems this error is thrown whenever I make a call to the Flash layer
from Neko, or vice versa. The call seems successful, as I can trace out
the function parameter values... Should I be doing something to complete
the call, like return a value, or something?

Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:

> Ahh, it's okay. I finally found out what's causing it ;-)
>
> Thanks,
> Lee
>

> Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I'm trying to build a multiuser server, but I keep getting an error
>> in the Neko layer at line 221 in the Unserializer class. The output
>> of the buffer in that line is :
>>
>> fxy15:Error%20%231009
>>
>> Is there a way to work out what's going on, here?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lee

Re: Unserializer Error

Lee Sylvester
Okay, so, it seems that I can make calls from Flash to Neko, but not the
other way around... The error still persists. Has anyone had this
problem? It's driving me nuts. :-(

Lee

Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:

> It seems this error is thrown whenever I make a call to the Flash
> layer from Neko, or vice versa. The call seems successful, as I can
> trace out the function parameter values... Should I be doing something
> to complete the call, like return a value, or something?
>
> Thanks,
> Lee
>

> Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:
>> Ahh, it's okay. I finally found out what's causing it ;-)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lee
>>

>> Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to build a multiuser server, but I keep getting an error
>>> in the Neko layer at line 221 in the Unserializer class. The output
>>> of the buffer in that line is :
>>>
>>> fxy15:Error%20%231009
>>>
>>> Is there a way to work out what's going on, here?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Lee

Re: Unserializer Error

Lee Sylvester
Okay, I've worked it out (sorta). The reason why I can't access the
Flash 9 API, is because I need to put the client API in a location that
the socket server can find it. In the haXe book example (hey, Franco
wrote it, not me, so I don't know the first thing about it ;-)), the
Flash code adds the client API to the _global object. Where would I put
it in a Flash 9 app?  Lib doesn't have a _global.

Any help here would be much appreciated, chaps... Even if it's a guess ;-)

Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:

> Okay, so, it seems that I can make calls from Flash to Neko, but not
> the other way around... The error still persists. Has anyone had this
> problem? It's driving me nuts. :-(
>
> Lee
>

> Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:
>> It seems this error is thrown whenever I make a call to the Flash
>> layer from Neko, or vice versa. The call seems successful, as I can
>> trace out the function parameter values... Should I be doing
>> something to complete the call, like return a value, or something?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lee
>>

>> Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:
>>> Ahh, it's okay. I finally found out what's causing it ;-)
>>>
>>> Thanks,

Re: Unserializer Error

Nicolas Cannasse
Lee McColl Sylvester a écrit :
> Okay, I've worked it out (sorta). The reason why I can't access the
> Flash 9 API, is because I need to put the client API in a location that
> the socket server can find it. In the haXe book example (hey, Franco
> wrote it, not me, so I don't know the first thing about it ;-)), the
> Flash code adds the client API to the _global object. Where would I put
> it in a Flash 9 app?  Lib doesn't have a _global.
>
> Any help here would be much appreciated, chaps... Even if it's a guess ;-)

With haXe 2.0, you no longer need to do this.

You will instead have to pass a haxe.remoting.Context while initializing
your connection. I'll make sure that a more appropriate error is
reported in the case no context is shared.