URGENT: Haxe.org (Site was blocked by OpenDNS)

URGENT: Haxe.org (Site was blocked by OpenDNS)

jamesbjackson
Hi Nicolas,

One of my friends who works for a leading interactive advertising agency in london.
Started to look at haxe.org for using for development and his network detected a possible threat in all his browsers.

"This site was blocked by OpenDNS in response to either the Conficker virus (http://blog.opendns.com/2009/03/30/worried-about-conficker-on-april-1-setting-up-opendns-can-protect-your-network/), the Microsoft IE zero-day vulnerability (http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=6739), or some equally serious vulnerability. If you think this shouldn't be blocked, please email us [hidden email] (mailto:[hidden email])."

Nicolas I think your the only person as the domain owner to contact them and get this un-blocked. If there is anything I can do let me know. I can get my friend to re-test it once you think it is unblocked.

James

Re: URGENT: Haxe.org (Site was blocked by OpenDNS)

justin_mills
James

The installer has been flagged by antivirus software before, but no one has ever had any issues when overriding the antivirus software for haXe.org, it has obviously been reported multiple times and confirmed as not a virus by the antivirus companies many times... ie it's an old story, see mailing list logs, and documented on the site.

see: http://haxe.org/download

"It seems that the Windows Installer is reported as infected by some antivirus software. This is a false report and you can safely run the program on your system: if it happens, please contact the antivirus' vendor so they can fix the issue as soon as possible."

Any rare spam on the wiki is always removed by users very fast, normally hours or minuites and same goes for the forum, I know because I have removed a few rare cases.

I think actually it is not for haXe to report the issue so much as the client of the anti spam software, I understand this may not ride well with your client but that the skinny.

Note nightly builds are not hosted directly on haxe.org, they maybe be able to insall from them instead

http://haxe.cmt.tc/

or they can compile the code from source hosted on google code, if they have any doubts, if they need the site for the manual and can't sort thier IT department - Foyles in london carry the haXe book so they can nip out and get that as a good primer... I know how slow large IT departments can sometimes be.

Cheers

;j

 On Mon 16/05/11 13:54, James Jackson [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> One of my friends who works for a leading interactive advertising
> agency in london.
> Started to look at haxe.org [1] for using for development and his
> network detected a possible threat in all his browsers.
>
> "_This site was blocked by OpenDNS in response to either the
> Conficker virus (
> http://blog.opendns.com/2009/03/30/worried-about-conficker-on-april-1-setti
> ng-up-opendns-can-protect-your-network/[2]), the Microsoft IE zero-day vulnerability
> (http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=6739), or some equally serious
> vulnerability. If you think this shouldn't be blocked, please email us
> [hidden email] (mailto:[hidden email])_."
>
> Nicolas I think your the only person as the domain owner to contact
> them and get this un-blocked. If there is anything I can do let me
> know. I can get my friend to re-test it once you think it is
> unblocked.
>
> James
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://haxe.org
> [2]
> http://blog.opendns.com/2009/03/30/worried-about-conficker-on-april-1-setti
> ng-up-opendns-can-protect-your-network/

Re: URGENT: Haxe.org (Site was blocked by OpenDNS)

Bernard Visscher
The conficker virus generates a list of domains to contact every day. It's possible haxe.org is generated today...
See: http://forums.opendns.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=8552

It should be working tomorrow...

- Bernard

[hidden email]
16 mei 2011 13:54

"This site was blocked by OpenDNS in response to either the Conficker virus (http://blog.opendns.com/2009/03/30/worried-about-conficker-on-april-1-setting-up-opendns-can-protect-your-network/), the Microsoft IE zero-day vulnerability (http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=6739), or some equally serious vulnerability. If you think this shouldn't be blocked, please email us [hidden email] ([hidden email])."