Tora for nginx / lighttpd

Cauê W.
I tried looking at the latest posts, but it's not very clear to me. Is there any solution to be able to use tora with nginx? And what about lighttpd?
I've seen hxfcgi, and I'm a little puzzled by how Web.cacheModule works. I've seen it's c implementation but no clue also on how it actually caches the module. Also is hxfcgi already fully implemented (also for e.g. parseMultiPart)?

Thank you!
Cauê

Re: Tora for nginx / lighttpd

KaalH!

Le 4 nov. 2011 à 15:32, Cauê Waneck a écrit :

> I tried looking at the latest posts, but it's not very clear to me. Is there any solution to be able to use tora with nginx? And what about lighttpd?
> I've seen hxfcgi, and I'm a little puzzled by how Web.cacheModule works. I've seen it's c implementation but no clue also on how it actually caches the module. Also is hxfcgi already fully implemented (also for e.g. parseMultiPart)?

I made a long time ago an experimental/buggy lighttpd 1.5 tora module. Then I've help finishing hxfcgi full implementation, and now run it on production.

hxfcgi is not a tora port, it's more a mod_neko port for fastcgi allowing to run hxcpp compiled binaries.

Yes, parseMultiPart and others are implemented. Caching is made of an endless loop waiting for fastcgi requests.
It's stable, and performances are quite good ( see http://go2ghana.net/devel/compare.php ) , but it still needs optimizations and a cpp SPOD implementation is missing.
It's on https://github.com/TheHippo/hxfcgi/ , feel free to fork and pull.

kaalh

> Thank you!
> Cauê

Re: Tora for nginx / lighttpd

Cauê W.
KallH!

Thank you for your response!

Yes, parseMultiPart and others are implemented. Caching is made of an endless loop waiting for fastcgi requests.
It's stable, and performances are quite good ( see http://go2ghana.net/devel/compare.php ) , but it still needs optimizations and a cpp SPOD implementation is missing.
It's on https://github.com/TheHippo/hxfcgi/ , feel free to fork and pull.

Thanks for clearing things up! : ) And those are quite impressive results! I'll use it on our next servers, I'll try to run it with nginx and post the how to soon! : )

Just a question... With web cache module on, if there are a lot of parallel requests, what happens? Will the requests open lots of neko instances in parallel, and be left open indefinately, or will only one instance be created and the requests will be processed serially?

Cheers ;)

Re: Tora for nginx / lighttpd

KaalH!

Le 4 nov. 2011 à 16:25, Cauê Waneck a écrit :

KallH!

Thank you for your response!

ur welcome :)

Yes, parseMultiPart and others are implemented. Caching is made of an endless loop waiting for fastcgi requests.
It's stable, and performances are quite good ( see http://go2ghana.net/devel/compare.php ) , but it still needs optimizations and a cpp SPOD implementation is missing.
It's on https://github.com/TheHippo/hxfcgi/ , feel free to fork and pull.

Thanks for clearing things up! : ) And those are quite impressive results! I'll use it on our next servers, I'll try to run it with nginx and post the how to soon! : )

Just a question... With web cache module on, if there are a lot of parallel requests, what happens? Will the requests open lots of neko instances in parallel, and be left open indefinately, or will only one instance be created and the requests will be processed serially?

I haven't test massive simultaneous requests on hxfcgi.

As it's fastcgi, connections pool is on the webserver side, concurrency can be configured on the webserver (e.g.  proxy-core.max-pool-size with lighttpd 1.5 ) and spawn-fcgi can fork several instances, or you can launch multiples spawn-fcgi and use the webserver's fastcgi loadbalancing.

I don't think the actual hxfcgi can handle massive parallel requests, we may have to implement tora-like multithreading for this.

Cheers ;)