TEA

Baluta Cristian
Is there any TEA port to haXe? I've tried myself but are some things i don't understand, so i compiled it in the flash lib and i generated hx classes for the swf.

--
Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com

Re: TEA

Martijn Loots
Had to read this twice, looking for a tea pot... ;-)

--
-Martijn    @..@    ( Martijn Loots       -  Hengelo  [NL] )
-          (`--')   ( martijn<@>cosix.com -  www.cosix.com )

Re: TEA

Juan Delgado
I guess he means TEA algorithm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_Encryption_Algorithm

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Martijn Loots <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Had to read this twice, looking for a tea pot... ;-)
>
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Baluta Cristian wrote:
>
>> Is there any TEA port to haXe? I've tried myself but are some things i
>> don't
>> understand, so i compiled it in the flash lib and i generated hx classes
>> for
>> the swf.
>>

> --
> -Martijn    @..@    ( Martijn Loots       -  Hengelo  [NL] )
> -          (`--')   ( martijn<@>cosix.com -  www.cosix.com )
> -         ( >__< )  ----------------------------------------
> -         ^^^  ^^^  (   Netwerken, Security, Open Source   )

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Re: TEA

Baluta Cristian
Yes, the encryptor, sorry for not being clear from the first time.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Juan Delgado <[hidden email]> wrote:
I guess he means TEA algorithm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_Encryption_Algorithm

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Martijn Loots <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Had to read this twice, looking for a tea pot... ;-)
>
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Baluta Cristian wrote:
>
>> Is there any TEA port to haXe? I've tried myself but are some things i
>> don't
>> understand, so i compiled it in the flash lib and i generated hx classes
>> for
>> the swf.
>>

> --
> -Martijn    @..@    ( Martijn Loots       -  Hengelo  [NL] )
> -          (`--')   ( martijn<@>cosix.com -  www.cosix.com )
> -         ( >__< )  ----------------------------------------
> -         ^^^  ^^^  (   Netwerken, Security, Open Source   )

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: TEA

Pimm Hogeling
It seems that there are enough Java/JavaScript implementations of this algorithm. Porting such an implementation to haXe should be easy.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 14:14, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, the encryptor, sorry for not being clear from the first time.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Juan Delgado <[hidden email]> wrote:
I guess he means TEA algorithm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_Encryption_Algorithm

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Martijn Loots <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Had to read this twice, looking for a tea pot... ;-)
>
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Baluta Cristian wrote:
>
>> Is there any TEA port to haXe? I've tried myself but are some things i
>> don't
>> understand, so i compiled it in the flash lib and i generated hx classes
>> for
>> the swf.
>>

> --
> -Martijn    @..@    ( Martijn Loots       -  Hengelo  [NL] )
> -          (`--')   ( martijn<@>cosix.com -  www.cosix.com )
> -         ( >__< )  ----------------------------------------
> -         ^^^  ^^^  (   Netwerken, Security, Open Source   )

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: TEA

Baluta Cristian
I have it for AS3 actually, but i was in rush and i abandoned for 2 resons:
- How do i translate this: parseInt (hex.substr(i, 2), 16)
- i've got lost on what kind of arrays is expecting, and some variables are typed with Number where an "int" is required.

But i will port it for sure someday.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Pimm Hogeling <[hidden email]> wrote:
It seems that there are enough Java/JavaScript implementations of this algorithm. Porting such an implementation to haXe should be easy.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 14:14, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, the encryptor, sorry for not being clear from the first time.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Juan Delgado <[hidden email]> wrote:
I guess he means TEA algorithm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_Encryption_Algorithm

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Martijn Loots <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Had to read this twice, looking for a tea pot... ;-)
>
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Baluta Cristian wrote:
>
>> Is there any TEA port to haXe? I've tried myself but are some things i
>> don't
>> understand, so i compiled it in the flash lib and i generated hx classes
>> for
>> the swf.
>>

> --
> -Martijn    @..@    ( Martijn Loots       -  Hengelo  [NL] )
> -          (`--')   ( martijn<@>cosix.com -  www.cosix.com )
> -         ( >__< )  ----------------------------------------
> -         ^^^  ^^^  (   Netwerken, Security, Open Source   )

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: TEA

Cauê W.
Baluta, I was in need of the TEA algorithm already, so I will give it a try tonight... Do you -need- TEA or can it be XXTEA or XTEA?

- How do i translate this: parseInt (hex.substr(i, 2), 16)
I don't know if those two first charactes its substr are "0x", so I will assume they aren't:

Std.parseInt("0x" + hex.substr(i, 2));

- i've got lost on what kind of arrays is expecting, and some variables are typed with Number where an "int" is required.

Yeah, last time I implemented SHA-2 it was a pain in the ass because of this arrays confusion...

cheers,
Cauê

Re: TEA

Baluta Cristian
Here is my try, it actually works but the encrypted value is not correct.

flash : f5dbe08d60510f8872923ea8
haxe : 7786ada5442de8e92e7ce7b7

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Baluta, I was in need of the TEA algorithm already, so I will give it a try tonight... Do you -need- TEA or can it be XXTEA or XTEA?

- How do i translate this: parseInt (hex.substr(i, 2), 16)
I don't know if those two first charactes its substr are "0x", so I will assume they aren't:

Std.parseInt("0x" + hex.substr(i, 2));

- i've got lost on what kind of arrays is expecting, and some variables are typed with Number where an "int" is required.

Yeah, last time I implemented SHA-2 it was a pain in the ass because of this arrays confusion...

cheers,
Cauê

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

TEA.as (4K) Download Attachment
TEAHX.hx (5K) Download Attachment

Re: TEA

Baluta Cristian
ok, so there's something really really strange with both versions (as3 compiled in a resources file, and my port to haxe). encryption is working, but decryption is simply ignored, it doesn't trace anything(neither a blank line) and i get no exceptions.

var c = TEA.encrypt ("blablabla", "cristi_tulcea");
trace(c);
var d = TEA.decrypt (c, "cristi_tulcea");
trace(d);

how is this possible? if i try to decrypt something different than the encrypted value "c" it's working, i get a trace.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Maybe you should try porting it from another version, maybe from js... This as3 version seems very underoptimized... e.g. look at how succint this implementation is:

http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/tea.html

I'll take a look at it more detailed after work, ok? Do you need it to be TEA, or could it be XXTEA?

2010/2/3 Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]>
[...]

I need TEA.
As a last solution i'll use directly the js version. I need to send back to the streaming server a decrypted token.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Lars Nilsson
My guess would be that your code behaves differently due to 31-bit
(haxe) vs 32-bit (as) integers in the two implementations. If you
rewrite using haxe.Int32 you may have better luck.

Lars Nilsson

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here is my try, it actually works but the encrypted value is not correct.
> flash : f5dbe08d60510f8872923ea8
> haxe : 7786ada5442de8e92e7ce7b7
>
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Baluta, I was in need of the TEA algorithm already, so I will give it a
>> try tonight... Do you -need- TEA or can it be XXTEA or XTEA?
>>
>>> - How do i translate this: parseInt (hex.substr(i, 2), 16)
>>
>> I don't know if those two first charactes its substr are "0x", so I will
>> assume they aren't:
>>
>> Std.parseInt("0x" + hex.substr(i, 2));
>>
>>> - i've got lost on what kind of arrays is expecting, and some variables
>>> are typed with Number where an "int" is required.
>>

>> Yeah, last time I implemented SHA-2 it was a pain in the ass because of
>> this arrays confusion...
>>
>> cheers,
>> Cauê

> Băluță Cristian
> http://ralcr.com
> http://imagin.ro

Re: TEA

Cauê W.
This would only affect it if the target platform were neko. In all others, Int and Int32 are the same thing

2010/2/3 Lars Nilsson <[hidden email]>
My guess would be that your code behaves differently due to 31-bit
(haxe) vs 32-bit (as) integers in the two implementations. If you
rewrite using haxe.Int32 you may have better luck.

Lars Nilsson

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Here is my try, it actually works but the encrypted value is not correct.
> flash : f5dbe08d60510f8872923ea8
> haxe : 7786ada5442de8e92e7ce7b7
>
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Baluta, I was in need of the TEA algorithm already, so I will give it a
>> try tonight... Do you -need- TEA or can it be XXTEA or XTEA?
>>
>>> - How do i translate this: parseInt (hex.substr(i, 2), 16)
>>
>> I don't know if those two first charactes its substr are "0x", so I will
>> assume they aren't:
>>
>> Std.parseInt("0x" + hex.substr(i, 2));
>>
>>> - i've got lost on what kind of arrays is expecting, and some variables
>>> are typed with Number where an "int" is required.
>>

>> Yeah, last time I implemented SHA-2 it was a pain in the ass because of
>> this arrays confusion...
>>
>> cheers,
>> Cauê

> Băluță Cristian
> http://ralcr.com
> http://imagin.ro

Re: TEA

Lars Nilsson
Ooops, my mistake.

Lars Nilsson

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This would only affect it if the target platform were neko. In all others,
> Int and Int32 are the same thing
>
> 2010/2/3 Lars Nilsson <[hidden email]>
>>
>> My guess would be that your code behaves differently due to 31-bit
>> (haxe) vs 32-bit (as) integers in the two implementations. If you
>> rewrite using haxe.Int32 you may have better luck.
>>
>> Lars Nilsson
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Here is my try, it actually works but the encrypted value is not
>> > correct.
>> > flash : f5dbe08d60510f8872923ea8
>> > haxe : 7786ada5442de8e92e7ce7b7

>> > --
>> > Băluță Cristian
>> > http://ralcr.com
>> > http://imagin.ro
>> >
>> > --
>> > haXe - an open source web programming language
>> > http://haxe.org

Re: TEA

Andreas Mokros
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:18:26 +0200
Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I need TEA.

What about this?
http://code.google.com/p/caffeine-hx/source/browse/trunk/ext/crypt/Tea.hx

--
Mockey

Re: TEA

Baluta Cristian
Thanks, i'll take a look later. I see something about xxtea inside, but maybe will be helpful if is not simple tea.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Andreas Mokros <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:18:26 +0200
Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I need TEA.

What about this?
http://code.google.com/p/caffeine-hx/source/browse/trunk/ext/crypt/Tea.hx

--
Mockey

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: TEA

Andreas Mokros
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 17:35:25 +0200
Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I see something about xxtea inside, but
> maybe will be helpful if is not simple tea.

Yeah, right. It seems to be an XXTEA implementation.
Nevertheless, there's some interesting stuff on caffeine-hx. Does the
ncrypt.ndll work? Anybody tried this?

--
Mockey

Re: TEA

Andreas Söderlund
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Andreas Mokros <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 17:35:25 +0200
Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I see something about xxtea inside, but
> maybe will be helpful if is not simple tea.

Yeah, right. It seems to be an XXTEA implementation.

This is just what I need for haxigniter to bake some encrypted cookies. :) Thanks for the tip!

/Andreas

Re: TEA

Andreas Mokros
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 17:04:09 +0100
Andreas Söderlund <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is just what I need for haxigniter to bake some encrypted
> cookies. :) Thanks for the tip!

Let us know if you get it to work, especially neko with the ndll...

--
Mockey

Re: TEA

Cauê W.
Andreas, are you on the caffeine-hx development team?
I have a request (sorry for the off-topic): please upload it to haxelib!!! It would be so much easier to use them in projects!