Syntax Highlighting for Haxe / ACE

Jason O'Neil-2
(Previously FDT5 and HaXe)

Hi List

ACE has been mentioned a few times on the list as a potential browser-based code editor to use with haxe.  I've tried to create an extremely simple syntax highlighting mode.  It's more or less based on the C# mode, I figured they would be pretty similar.

A demo of the editor is here.  You'll have to select a "haXe" document type to see it in action:
    http://jasononeil.com.au/fileshare/haxe-ace/

Source code is here:
    https://github.com/jasononeil/ace/tree/haxesyntax
Pending feedback I'll submit a pull request to Ajax.org and hopefully get it included.

Jason

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Michiel Crefcoeur <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just so you guys know:
Cloud9 IDE has recently added code completion.
It's a web-based IDE using NodeJS with GitHub and BitBucket integration.
Here's the repo, if anyone's interested in adding haXe support (haXe syntax highlighting definitions and code completion using WebSockets/XMLHttpRequest)

Re: Syntax Highlighting for Haxe / ACE

Franco Ponticelli
In the code sample the return type declaration is in the wrong place ;)

public HelloWorld:Void()

should be

public helloWorld() :Void

also the convention for field names in haXe is lower case.

Franco

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Michiel Crefcoeur <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

bubblebenj
There is a convention for field name ?
Most project use lower case, but I tought it was only because most people haxe programmer have this habit.

Ben

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Franco Ponticelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Benjamin Dasnois
It actually used to be a restriction. I think it has been dropped in order to provide support when the target language may use upper-case.

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Franco Ponticelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com