SwfMill haxegui frontend

gershon
Hey all, thought this one might also deserve a post to the list. Here's the link, http://haxegui.blogspot.com/2009/08/prototyping-swfmill-editor.html
Would like to hear what you think of it. This concept can be easily extended to other areas of haxe and workflow, i'm thinking of a haxelib client, and a mini ide as a "frontend" to the compiler itself.
Adding support for some extra file formats and joining everything together, the whole thing could become a haxe development workspace. There's lots to do still, and any help would be welcome. c'ya, gershon.

Re: SwfMill haxegui frontend

Ruy Adorno
Really nice! It's a great idea and I hope to see it working soon.

Re: SwfMill haxegui frontend

Chris Hecker

AWESOME!

Chris

gershon wrote:

> Hey all, thought this one might also deserve a post to the list. Here's
> the link,
> http://haxegui.blogspot.com/2009/08/prototyping-swfmill-editor.html
> Would like to hear what you think of it. This concept can be easily
> extended to other areas of haxe and workflow, i'm thinking of a haxelib
> client, and a mini ide as a "frontend" to the compiler itself.
> Adding support for some extra file formats and joining everything
> together, the whole thing could become a haxe development workspace.
> There's lots to do still, and any help would be welcome. c'ya, gershon.

Re: SwfMill haxegui frontend

Blue Sans douze
That's really cool for sure, I always though swfmill was too complicated to manage in a big project... A gui is the good way to go through.

Thanks !
--
Blue112

2009/8/16 Chris Hecker <[hidden email]>

AWESOME!

Chris

gershon wrote:
Hey all, thought this one might also deserve a post to the list. Here's the link, http://haxegui.blogspot.com/2009/08/prototyping-swfmill-editor.html
Would like to hear what you think of it. This concept can be easily extended to other areas of haxe and workflow, i'm thinking of a haxelib client, and a mini ide as a "frontend" to the compiler itself.
Adding support for some extra file formats and joining everything together, the whole thing could become a haxe development workspace. There's lots to do still, and any help would be welcome. c'ya, gershon.

Re: SwfMill haxegui frontend

gershon
Was hoping to package a demo this weekend, did'nt quite make it...
here's a small update on some of the new features in the editor.

The xml editor was previously a simple window with a textfield, now, the textfield does highlighting with regex rules defined in an external xml, (keeping it editable ofcourse) also the source is parsed to a tree giving a document outline, and the current line's (xml tag) attributes and their values are displayed in lists for easier editing...

The application also has a stage of its own, so dragging an object from the library to the stage places it, inserting a <place> tag to the xml source, code to make changes on stage be updated in the source has not yet been writen though...

Client-server communication also has added features, couple of other programs can now be used, xsltproc can be called on the code, used for formatting and indentation, swftools utils like swfdump can generate the html to embed the swf...

I've started working on filesystem features, so haxegui's native FileDialog can display the results sent by the neko server, loading & saving works...

A few todos & future plans are better handling of svg data (currenly only seen in final swf) exporting xml&assets to zip, as2\as3\haxe stub code generation features, session\project managment, more dialogs ( find, preferences... )

Stay tuned, gershon

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 8:25 AM, gershon <[hidden email]> wrote:
10x guys.
I'm working in parallel, trying to fix my haxegui tree widget, so it would display the xml data in the swfmill editor.

Once it will be easier to manage the data, i'll start working on the timeline features, swfmill supports frames, so one could fill the library with an image sequence and place it in frames.
A project feature will then be nice, because you could have multiple such small animations linked to a single swf to be injected to haxe.
Also maybe the resulting haxe swf, could be put into frame 2 of another swf, making the preloading easier...

Though FLA is proprietary, the flash ide also has support for scripting through JSFL, which has access to the entire dom, as well as local filesystem, so outputting swfmill compatible xml should be possible.
And even better, support for the future XFL format, though pretty old, this post http://www.moock.org/blog/archives/000269.html is all i found about it.

The beauty of the whole thing, is that once everything is positioned and timed, there's not need to run the frontend again, you can make changes to the images and rerun swfmill in the commandline...
Recent swfmill supports svg imports btw, so anyone like me who prefers inkscape over flash will enjoy it.

Attached is a demo with the binaries only. To run it, unzip, start the neko server with a 'nekotools server', and point your browser to 'http://localhost:2000'.
Currently there are no file dialogs, the edited filename has been hardcoded and is 'library.xml' in the zip root.
You can textually edit the xml, save, load it, and run it through swfmill, the resulting swf filename is also hardcoded, and is 'assets.swf'.

Please let me know what you think, and also if you had problems with the demo.

Re: SwfMill haxegui frontend

mpoint4u
Hi Gershon!

What happened to the whole 'SwfMill haxegui frontend' project...?!?

Did it just die, or is the source somewhere available on GoogleCode or Github,
so that someone can look over it, fork it, or contribute to it...?

I am currently looking for a solution that features XML editing for haxe3 - GUI components,
and rapid SWF generation (to review the changes made in XML). I am currently using StablexUI as GUI solution (http://ui.stablex.ru/doc/)...

Hope you are still getting email from this forum
and are able to reply...

Best Regards,
Marcus