Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

Rezmason
Hi everyone,

Alan Klement and I are preparing a June talk about haXe development, and we were interested in what platforms people are compiling their large haXe projects to.

Consider your large haXe project or projects. Which target or targets are you compiling it to?

-Jeremy Sachs

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

Benjamin Dasnois

Hi,

I can mention AS2, AS3, Javascript and PHP.

Regards,

Benjamin Dasnois
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

On May 8, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Benjamin Dasnois wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can mention AS2, AS3, Javascript and PHP.
>
> Regards,
>
> Benjamin Dasnois

Were those all for one project? I guess we're interested in all the platforms for each large project you can think of, not a combined list. We're interested in analyzing how frequently people target multiple platforms in a single, sizable project.

That said, if you're compiling to those four platforms from the same project, that's very noteworthy.

-Jeremy

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

Benjamin Dasnois

That is for the same project yes. :-)

Le 8 mai 2011 20:51, "Jeremy Sachs" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> On May 8, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Benjamin Dasnois wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I can mention AS2, AS3, Javascript and PHP.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Benjamin Dasnois
>>

> Were those all for one project? I guess we're interested in all the platforms for each large project you can think of, not a combined list. We're interested in analyzing how frequently people target multiple platforms in a single, sizable project.
>
> That said, if you're compiling to those four platforms from the same project, that's very noteworthy.
>
> -Jeremy

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

Philipp Klose-2
a large project 1:
full haXe stack: avm2, neko on the server side (with custom c written
binding to freetype) and Javascript with jQuery externs

a medium project 2:
avm2, PHP (because of integration with the Facebook PHP API), JavaScript
done without haXe

a few small and other medium projects:
only PHP target

On 08.05.2011 20:03, Jeremy Sachs wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Alan Klement and I are preparing a June talk about haXe development, and we were interested in what platforms people are compiling their large haXe projects to.
>
> Consider your large haXe project or projects. Which target or targets are you compiling it to?
>
> -Jeremy Sachs

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

Pimm Hogeling
We currently target ActionScript 3 (yes, ActionScript 3, not AVM2) in a pretty big project. Small side note: the AS3 target of the haXe compiler has its flaws. You have to be familiar with both haXe and AS3 to be able to use it, as you might have to hack your way around some things.

We target AVM2 on several other larger projects.

We also target PHP from time to time, but haven't done so in any large projects so far.

2011/5/8 Jeremy Sachs <[hidden email]>
Hi everyone,

Alan Klement and I are preparing a June talk about haXe development, and we were interested in what platforms people are compiling their large haXe projects to.

Consider your large haXe project or projects. Which target or targets are you compiling it to?

-Jeremy Sachs

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

Benjamin Dasnois

Note that I wrote AS3 but it indeed is AVM2.

Le 8 mai 2011 22:13, "Pimm Hogeling" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> We currently target ActionScript 3 (yes, ActionScript 3, not AVM2) in a
> pretty big project. Small side note: the AS3 target of the haXe compiler has
> its flaws. You have to be familiar with both haXe and AS3 to be able to use
> it, as you might have to hack your way around some things.
>
> We target AVM2 on several other larger projects.
>
> We also target PHP from time to time, but haven't done so in any large
> projects so far.
>
> 2011/5/8 Jeremy Sachs <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Alan Klement and I are preparing a June talk about haXe development, and we
>> were interested in what platforms people are compiling their large haXe
>> projects to.
>>
>> Consider your large haXe project or projects. Which target or targets are
>> you compiling it to?
>>
>> -Jeremy Sachs

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

Baluta Cristian
only avm2 alone here, sometimes + as3

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Benjamin Dasnois <[hidden email]> wrote:

Note that I wrote AS3 but it indeed is AVM2.

Le 8 mai 2011 22:13, "Pimm Hogeling" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> We currently target ActionScript 3 (yes, ActionScript 3, not AVM2) in a
> pretty big project. Small side note: the AS3 target of the haXe compiler has
> its flaws. You have to be familiar with both haXe and AS3 to be able to use
> it, as you might have to hack your way around some things.
>
> We target AVM2 on several other larger projects.
>
> We also target PHP from time to time, but haven't done so in any large
> projects so far.
>
> 2011/5/8 Jeremy Sachs <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Alan Klement and I are preparing a June talk about haXe development, and we
>> were interested in what platforms people are compiling their large haXe
>> projects to.
>>
>> Consider your large haXe project or projects. Which target or targets are
>> you compiling it to?
>>
>> -Jeremy Sachs

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

Lars Madson
first Neko and now Neko + Javascript on a large project (this is so subjective), using hss also.

No flash yet. Some Nme soonish :P

Laurent

On 05/09/2011 03:04 AM, Baluta Cristian wrote:
only avm2 alone here, sometimes + as3

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Benjamin Dasnois <[hidden email]> wrote:

Note that I wrote AS3 but it indeed is AVM2.

Le 8 mai 2011 22:13, "Pimm Hogeling" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> We currently target ActionScript 3 (yes, ActionScript 3, not AVM2) in a
> pretty big project. Small side note: the AS3 target of the haXe compiler has
> its flaws. You have to be familiar with both haXe and AS3 to be able to use
> it, as you might have to hack your way around some things.
>
> We target AVM2 on several other larger projects.
>
> We also target PHP from time to time, but haven't done so in any large
> projects so far.
>
> 2011/5/8 Jeremy Sachs <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Alan Klement and I are preparing a June talk about haXe development, and we
>> were interested in what platforms people are compiling their large haXe
>> projects to.
>>
>> Consider your large haXe project or projects. Which target or targets are
>> you compiling it to?
>>
>> -Jeremy Sachs

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

Tony Polinelli
We have many we projects that use php + js.

a few that use avm2 + php,

some that use just avm2

a few upcoming games that use c++ (iphone) and avm2 for testing, js for jsfl

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Laurent Kappler <[hidden email]> wrote:
first Neko and now Neko + Javascript on a large project (this is so subjective), using hss also.

No flash yet. Some Nme soonish :P

Laurent

On 05/09/2011 03:04 AM, Baluta Cristian wrote:
only avm2 alone here, sometimes + as3

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Benjamin Dasnois <[hidden email]> wrote:

Note that I wrote AS3 but it indeed is AVM2.

Le 8 mai 2011 22:13, "Pimm Hogeling" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> We currently target ActionScript 3 (yes, ActionScript 3, not AVM2) in a
> pretty big project. Small side note: the AS3 target of the haXe compiler has
> its flaws. You have to be familiar with both haXe and AS3 to be able to use
> it, as you might have to hack your way around some things.
>
> We target AVM2 on several other larger projects.
>
> We also target PHP from time to time, but haven't done so in any large
> projects so far.
>
> 2011/5/8 Jeremy Sachs <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Alan Klement and I are preparing a June talk about haXe development, and we
>> were interested in what platforms people are compiling their large haXe
>> projects to.
>>
>> Consider your large haXe project or projects. Which target or targets are
>> you compiling it to?
>>
>> -Jeremy Sachs

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

Jason O'Neil
PHP + JS for most of my projects so far.
None of them have really gotten big enough to bother with the performance benefits of neko etc.

Funny that I haven't really used much flash stuff when that seems to be haxe's original purpose.

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 2:03 AM, Jeremy Sachs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Alan Klement and I are preparing a June talk about haXe development, and we were interested in what platforms people are compiling their large haXe projects to.

Consider your large haXe project or projects. Which target or targets are you compiling it to?

-Jeremy Sachs

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

John Plsek
Neko - some Flash - I find even slightly complex code wont compile in C++ without, and the JS and PHP too bloated to be of any real use for a streamlined website

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

Justin Donaldson-3
Used to be just avm2, now mainly js.

-Justin

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 6:41 PM, John Plsek <[hidden email]> wrote:
Neko - some Flash - I find even slightly complex code wont compile in C++ without, and the JS and PHP too bloated to be of any real use for a streamlined website

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

Dominic De Lorenzo

Hi Jeremy,

We have client-side application code bases that concurrently target the following platforms:

-          AVM2 (swf)

-          AS3 (for compilation into AIR applications using Adobe tool chain)

-          JS

-          CPP

-          Neko (for unit testing core non-display code only)

Cheers,

Dominic De Lorenzo

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

KaalH!
Was mainly avm2 + js + neko or php.

Cpp or neko (as spod is not yet available for cpp ) + js on current projects, with nme and hxopenframeworks I no longer need avm2 for desktop applications, and hxfcgi means no more php.

kaalh

Le 8 mai 2011 à 20:03, Jeremy Sachs a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> Alan Klement and I are preparing a June talk about haXe development, and we were interested in what platforms people are compiling their large haXe projects to.
>
> Consider your large haXe project or projects. Which target or targets are you compiling it to?
>
> -Jeremy Sachs

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

fintan boyle
two projects targeting avm2 that also required haxe remoting with js

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 8:18 AM, KaalH! <[hidden email]> wrote:
Was mainly avm2 + js + neko or php.

Cpp or neko (as spod is not yet available for cpp ) + js on current projects, with nme and hxopenframeworks I no longer need avm2 for desktop applications, and hxfcgi means no more php.

kaalh

Le 8 mai 2011 à 20:03, Jeremy Sachs a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> Alan Klement and I are preparing a June talk about haXe development, and we were interested in what platforms people are compiling their large haXe projects to.
>
> Consider your large haXe project or projects. Which target or targets are you compiling it to?
>
> -Jeremy Sachs

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

danielku15
For alphaTab I am compiling to JavaScript. For the future I want to target C# and Java too to provide Desktop and Android applications.

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

sledorze
Flash, Js (client side) and Php, tried some cpp but had to backtrack due to compilation issues (now they should be fixed however).
Would be interrested to know how the java target would compares to scala..

Re: Survey: What platforms do you target in your large projects?

Dion Whitehead Amago
Client: flash, js
Server: js (node.js), and cpp for game simulations (thanks Hugh).