Support for ExtendScript, aka scripting Adobe apps?

Support for ExtendScript, aka scripting Adobe apps?

billy-2
Hello all,
I'm an AS3 developer and just started looking at haXe so you'll have
to excuse some of my ignorance.

I'm interested in doing some scripting with Adobe's CS4 apps and saw
that they support an implementation of ECMA Javascript called
"ExtendScript" (.jax extension). I was wondering if haXe could / or
had any plans to support this?

>From my point of view (and mine alone maybe), if I'm going to target
the Flash Player then I might as well just write in AS3 instead of
trying to figure out how to express the same thing in a different
language. But if I'm working on a different platform, it would seem a
much easier transition to something like haXe which has comparable
syntax and is also something I could potentially use down the line
with other platforms.

HaXe does seem like a worthwhile project though, I'm just trying to
figure out where I'm going to use it! :)

Thanks,
Billy Lamberta
<www.lamberta.org>

Re: Support for ExtendScript, aka scripting Adobe apps?

Nicolas Cannasse
Billy a écrit :
> Hello all,
> I'm an AS3 developer and just started looking at haXe so you'll have
> to excuse some of my ignorance.
>
> I'm interested in doing some scripting with Adobe's CS4 apps and saw
> that they support an implementation of ECMA Javascript called
> "ExtendScript" (.jax extension). I was wondering if haXe could / or
> had any plans to support this?

I think that you can use JavaScript output with maybe minor tweaks in
haxe/std/js/Boot.hx, then rename the .js output to .jax and it should work.