Sublime Text 2 haXe plugin- Sagework

Missile Mike
There is a Sublime Text 2 plugin for haXe on github that appears to now support autocomplete.
https://github.com/sagework/haxe-sublime2-bundle

I tried it, but autocomplete doesn't seem to work.  Looking at the source, it appears to save a js file to do the --display completions, but it throws an error.

Has anyone been able to actually get this to work?  And are any of the contributors on this mailing list?

Thanks!
Mike

Re: Sublime Text 2 haXe plugin- Sagework

postite

+1

Re: Sublime Text 2 haXe plugin- Sagework

rammserker
I used it and it's not working for me. I've tried some workarounds and these didn't work. I've been pretty busy lately, but I'm trying to make it work... Someone else has tried to make it work?

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1

Re: Sublime Text 2 haXe plugin- Sagework

benharper
I wrote the current incarnation inside HaxeComplete.py, on
https://github.com/sagework/haxe-sublime2-bundle

I've only tested it on Windows. It's very rudimentary.. no guessing of -lib etc.
haxe.exe needs to be in your system environment PATH variable.

There have been a few suggestions on the http://haxe.org forum which I'll try out, which should make it more robust.

To test if the plugin works at all, you should try it on a small "Hello World" example.

Ben

Re: Sublime Text 2 haXe plugin- Sagework

Adrien Fischer-2
It works fine on my Ubuntu.
Thanks for the plugin !

Adrien

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:43 PM, benharper <[hidden email]> wrote:
I wrote the current incarnation inside HaxeComplete.py, on
https://github.com/sagework/haxe-sublime2-bundle

I've only tested it on Windows. It's very rudimentary.. no guessing of -lib
etc.
haxe.exe needs to be in your system environment PATH variable.

There have been a few suggestions on the http://haxe.org forum which I'll
try out, which should make it more robust.

To test if the plugin works at all, you should try it on a small "Hello
World" example.

Ben

Re: Sublime Text 2 haXe plugin- Sagework

clemos
Hi list,

I just can't get it to work on Ubuntu.
Here's what I get :
--------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/clemos/Programmes/Sublime Text 2/sublime_plugin.py",
line 57, in reload_plugin
    m = __import__(modulename)
  File "./HaxeComplete.py", line 5, in <module>
    import xml.parsers.expat
  File ".\xml\parsers\expat.py", line 4, in <module>
ImportError: No module named pyexpat
--------------------

Maybe I'd better open an issue on github, right ?

Cheers,
Clément

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Adrien Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It works fine on my Ubuntu.
> Thanks for the plugin !
>
> Adrien
>

> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:43 PM, benharper <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I wrote the current incarnation inside HaxeComplete.py, on
>> https://github.com/sagework/haxe-sublime2-bundle
>>
>> I've only tested it on Windows. It's very rudimentary.. no guessing of
>> -lib
>> etc.
>> haxe.exe needs to be in your system environment PATH variable.
>>
>> There have been a few suggestions on the http://haxe.org forum which I'll
>> try out, which should make it more robust.
>>
>> To test if the plugin works at all, you should try it on a small "Hello
>> World" example.
>>
>> Ben

Re: Sublime Text 2 haXe plugin- Sagework

clemos
Hi,

Maybe it could be useful to someone.
I have had to link my /usr/lib/python2.6 dir to
[sublime_dir]/lib/python2.6 to solve this issue...
So it's more about Sublime itself I guess...

Cheers,
Clément

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 9:25 PM, clemos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I just can't get it to work on Ubuntu.
> Here's what I get :
> --------------------
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/home/clemos/Programmes/Sublime Text 2/sublime_plugin.py",
> line 57, in reload_plugin
>    m = __import__(modulename)
>  File "./HaxeComplete.py", line 5, in <module>
>    import xml.parsers.expat
>  File ".\xml\parsers\expat.py", line 4, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named pyexpat
> --------------------
>
> Maybe I'd better open an issue on github, right ?
>
> Cheers,
> Clément
>
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Adrien Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It works fine on my Ubuntu.
>> Thanks for the plugin !
>>
>> Adrien
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:43 PM, benharper <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I wrote the current incarnation inside HaxeComplete.py, on
>>> https://github.com/sagework/haxe-sublime2-bundle
>>>
>>> I've only tested it on Windows. It's very rudimentary.. no guessing of
>>> -lib
>>> etc.
>>> haxe.exe needs to be in your system environment PATH variable.
>>>
>>> There have been a few suggestions on the http://haxe.org forum which I'll
>>> try out, which should make it more robust.
>>>
>>> To test if the plugin works at all, you should try it on a small "Hello
>>> World" example.
>>>
>>> Ben

Re: Sublime Text 2 haXe plugin- Sagework

clemos
Hi

I just wanted to let you know I've been playing a lot with Sublime /
haXe this weekend and added a few new features to the bundle :
* global autocomplete improvements
* keymap autoloading
* error highlighting
* parenthesis and comma hints
* better method signature and package/class display
* basic hxml autocompletion (-cp, -lib, etc)
* .hxml files scanning and analysis (if present in one of the opened folder)
* build list (ctrl+shift+b) and per class build selection for
autocompletion and building
* basic .hxml file generation
* Sublime build system integration (F7), though a bit basic
* custom build macro that jumps to files in case of errors

It's still a bit rough, in terms of both UX and code, so I've kept it
in my repository for the moment:
https://github.com/clemos/haxe-sublime2-bundle

Sublime is an awesome IDE, pity it's closed source and costs almost
$60 (it seems a fair price, though; works very well and also very good
documentation)

Feel free to try it and share any thoughts :)
Cheers,
Clément