Structural equality gone forever???

sledorze
Hi!

I read about structural (physical) equality been removed from haxe long time ago.
I understand that it wasn't culturally used a lot in a stateful environement (I'm talking about flash client).

Now that haxe future is (more or less) full of macros; I wonder if structural equality will come back.
It's very useful when writing transformation code like compiler/macro and also server code..

Thanks for clarifying.. :)

Stephane

Re: Structural equality gone forever???

Nicolas Cannasse
Le 05/11/2011 14:08, sledorze a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> I read about structural (physical) equality been removed from haxe long time
> ago.
> I understand that it wasn't culturally used a lot in a stateful environement
> (I'm talking about flash client).
>
> Now that haxe future is (more or less) full of macros; I wonder if
> structural equality will come back.
> It's very useful when writing transformation code like compiler/macro and
> also server code..

There's still Type.enumEq, which recurse on enums and their parameters.
It will not work for objects.