Stormpulse application now available for iPad thanks to haXe + NME

Stormpulse application now available for iPad thanks to haXe + NME

Joshua Harlan Lifton
Hi all,

I'm happy to report that the haXe + NME application I've been working
on the last six months is now available in the iTunes App Store for
the iPad. This is a complete rewrite of the AS2 application found at
http://www.stormpulse.com. I had access to the original AS2 code, but
I only used it as a reference - all the haXe code was written from
scratch. The application has a free demo mode that displays historical
data. If you want to see live data, to track hurricane Irene, for
example, then you need a Stormpulse account.

The app uses the Actuate library for tweens, the hxJson2 library for
JSON decoding, and a customized version of NME that supports HTTPS
connections and a couple of other goodies. At the moment, only the iOS
version of the app is written in haXe, though we will likely soon have
an Android version and perhaps a new Flash version based on the same
haXe code base. Many thanks to everyone involved with haXe, NME, the
above libraries, and the mailing list - I definitely couldn't have
done it without you!

Comments, critiques, and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Josh

Re: Stormpulse application now available for iPad thanks to haXe + NME

Hey Josh!

Awesome! I would love to feature this on haxenme.org.

Would it be possible to take any screenshots or videos of the application
in action?