Stax: mailinglist

interaction-designer
Hi List,

Who likes the idea of having a mailing-list specific for Stax?

John and other committers to Stax: is such a list desirable on this moment?

Cordially, Simon

Re: Stax: mailinglist

Lee Sylvester
  On 22/09/2010 13:04, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Who likes the idea of having a mailing-list specific for Stax?
>
> John and other committers to Stax: is such a list desirable on this moment?
>
> Cordially, Simon

Separating haXe project lists from the haXe list is a bad idea.  Unless
the project is that huge with similarly huge numbers of posts being
submitted for it, creating a separate list will merely dilute and
abstract the project from the haXe development community and mean haXe
developers, who aren't members of such a list, will go without reading
or hearing about the project.

Keep it unified, I say.

Re: Stax: mailinglist

MarcWeber
Excerpts from interaction-designer's message of Wed Sep 22 14:04:05 +0200 2010:
> Hi List,
> Who likes the idea of having a mailing-list specific for Stax?
Why do you want to start one? Do you fear bothering mailinglist memebers
by your mails?

If you do so you can do the way you did: Put "STAX" in the subject, so
everyone who is not interested in those mails can delete or filter them
easily. If you're paranoid we could start the convention putting the
project name in brackets: [STAX] or such. Then filters have less false
positives (if someone really wants to set them up.)

I'd like to keep up to date. So I'm fine with you posting to this list.

Marc Weber

Re: Stax: mailinglist

interaction-designer
Hi Marc,

I don't necessarily want to start one, that wasn't the main motive for the question. I just wanted to have an idea what would be the criteria of starting one and if there was a need. Secondly I didn't know if people would get annoyed by so my Stax questions on this list, so I thought if Stax would become a very active project also in terms of its users, there might be a need for it...

So because others might have other reasons not to do it (Stax users don't see the need, or committers don't see the need (and why)), not falling for the assumption that what I _might_ need is what others need or that it wouldn't be in the interest of the haxe/stax community.

Thanks for the answer, very clear.

Simon

Excerpts from interaction-designer's message of Wed Sep 22 14:04:05 +0200 2010:
> Hi List,
> Who likes the idea of having a mailing-list specific for Stax?
Why do you want to start one? Do you fear bothering mailinglist memebers
by your mails?

If you do so you can do the way you did: Put "STAX" in the subject, so
everyone who is not interested in those mails can delete or filter them
easily. If you're paranoid we could start the convention putting the
project name in brackets: [STAX] or such. Then filters have less false
positives (if someone really wants to set them up.)

I'd like to keep up to date. So I'm fine with you posting to this list.

Marc Weber

Re: Stax: mailinglist

John A. De Goes

I do suggest the Stax questions stay on the main mailing list. Why? Because then other people can learn about Stax, who are not using it right now -- maybe it solves some problem they are having and they will decide to check it out.

Regards,

John A. De Goes
Twitter: @jdegoes
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/jdegoes