Starting with haXe

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz
Hello.

I found haXe and decided to try it. I'm using macosx snow leopard and decided to go with the installer. After installation, running something like "haxelib install hxcpp" would tell me it couldn't connect to localhost:8228. It looks like haxelib is not looking at the environment and instead parses a system configuration file to see if there is a proxy. Thinking this was a problem of the installer I went and installed neko-1.8.2-osx and haxe-2.08-osx in my user directory without admin access, but the issue persistet.

In my case I have several different network configurations, and one which was not active happened to have the proxy setting turned on, despite the current one not using it. I modified the file and continued, since I found no other way to override this. I then configured several environment variables named NEKOPATH, HAXEPATH and HAXE_LIBRARY_PATH, since it looks like otherwise the user home manual installation doesn't work.

Following the instructions found at http://haxe.org/doc/start/cpp I successfully compiled and run the basic example. I followed the instructions to get the graphical example but could not finish. The example compiles fine but when I try to run it I get:

$ ./Simple
Error : Could not load module std@get_env__1

$ haxelib   list
actuate: [1.34]
hxcpp: [2.08.0]
nme: [3.0.1]

Any ideas to what should I do next? Google comes unexpectedly empty for this error line and I don't parse russian.

Re: Starting with haXe

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz
El 22/10/2011, a las 22:51, Skial Bainn escribió:

> Hi, not sure how related this might be to your issue, but this might help -
> http://blog.skialbainn.com/post/922690921/haxe-mac-error-proxy

Ah, sorry. Actually, the installer got all the files correctly. The problem was I later tried to run "haxelib install nme". So it's not the installer which was the problem but later execution of haxelib from the commandline.

Re: Starting with haXe

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz
El 22/10/2011, a las 22:09, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz escribió:

> $ ./Simple
> Error : Could not load module std@get_env__1

Well, the best way to fix that was to avoid it. I removed all instances of haxe and reinstalled from the official installed now that I figured out the proxy problem and everything built is fine.