Simple Question

fedekun
Hello all, i'm new to haXe, i want to make a simple game with Flash, JS and PHP, and i wanted to know if i can do that with haXe, as for what i have read, it seems that you have to install mod_neko to apache for haXe to work?
Also i haven't seen much documentation on haXe + PHP ...
Is it posible to do it without installing mod_neko?

--
Best Regards.
fedekun

Re: Simple Question

Philipp Klose-2
Hi fedekun,

You need mod_neko or mod_tora only if you compile you server-side code
to neko instead of php. If you use php as target platform it just runs
like any other php script.

Philipp

fedekun schrieb:

> Hello all, i'm new to haXe, i want to make a simple game with Flash,
> JS and PHP, and i wanted to know if i can do that with haXe, as for
> what i have read, it seems that you have to install mod_neko to apache
> for haXe to work?
> Also i haven't seen much documentation on haXe + PHP ...
> Is it posible to do it without installing mod_neko?
>
> --
> Best Regards.
> fedekun

Re: Simple Question

theRemix
http://haxe.org/doc/targets/php
and
http://haxe.org/doc/start/php

once you know how to compile the hx files into php files, and you are comfortable in haXe (get comfy here: http://haxe.org/api)

then that's pretty much all you should need.

anything in specific and ask on this list, we'll help you through.

-+> theRemix

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Simple Question

victor / tokiop
Hello fedekun,

I found this php/js/flash demo interesting if it can help you to start:
http://www.scwn.net/2009/06/haxe-demo/
(demo + sources)

have fun !

Victor

Le 29 nov. 09 à 19:33, fedekun a écrit :

> Hello all, i'm new to haXe, i want to make a simple game with Flash,
> JS and PHP, and i wanted to know if i can do that with haXe, as for
> what i have read, it seems that you have to install mod_neko to
> apache for haXe to work?
> Also i haven't seen much documentation on haXe + PHP ...
> Is it posible to do it without installing mod_neko?
>
> --
> Best Regards.
> fedekun

Re: Simple Question

tong-2
On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 00:53 -0300, fedekun wrote:

> Oh okay, thanks :)
>
> 2009/11/30 theRemix <[hidden email]>
>         http://haxe.org/doc/targets/php
>         and
>         http://haxe.org/doc/start/php
>

>         once you know how to compile the hx files into php files, and
>         you are comfortable in haXe (get comfy
>         here: http://haxe.org/api)
>

>         then that's pretty much all you should need.
>

>         anything in specific and ask on this list, we'll help you
>         through.
>

>         -+> theRemix
>

>         On Nov 29, 2009, at 4:40 PM, fedekun wrote:
>
>         > Oh thanks, i will try it then, any good documentation on
>         > haXe + PHP ?

you can refer to the neko documentation, since both targets share pretty
much the same API. (just replace neko.X with php.X )

/t

--
[)   |   5   |<   †   |2   3   3

Re: Simple Question

fedekun
Ah i see, well i have something to read now :P
Thanks all! Very nice community!