Scrollbar? Other components?

Thomas-8
Hi,

I have a little text field in my chat app, and I'd like to add a quick
and dirty scrollbar, nothing fancy, just the ability to view older
text.

Can I use this within haxe?
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/ActionScriptLangRefV3/fl/controls/ScrollBar.html

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

Blue Sans douze
Hello. This is closed-source Adobe Flash Component. I don't think that you can use it in haXe.

You can make you own scrollbar, it's pretty fast and simple.

Use event MouseEvent.WHEEL and properties textfield.scrollV and textfield.maxScrollV.
Have fun.

--Blue112

2009/6/22 Thomas <[hidden email]>
Hi,

I have a little text field in my chat app, and I'd like to add a quick
and dirty scrollbar, nothing fancy, just the ability to view older
text.

Can I use this within haxe?
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/ActionScriptLangRefV3/fl/controls/ScrollBar.html

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

Chris Hecker

I got these working with haxe without much trouble:

http://www.bit-101.com/minimalcomps/

Chris

Tony Polinelli wrote:

> You should be able to use it - if you have flash, you can export a lib
> with the component in there - then you just need the externs to access
> it in code - you could find them somewhere, or use the compiler to
> generate them from the .swf
>

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Blue Sans douze
>
>     Hello. This is closed-source Adobe Flash Component. I don't think
>     that you can use it in haXe.
>
>     You can make you own scrollbar, it's pretty fast and simple.
>
>     Use event MouseEvent.WHEEL and properties textfield.scrollV and
>     textfield.maxScrollV.
>     Have fun.
>
>     --Blue112
>
>     2009/6/22 Thomas <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>         Hi,
>
>         I have a little text field in my chat app, and I'd like to add a
>         quick
>         and dirty scrollbar, nothing fancy, just the ability to view older
>         text.
>
>         Can I use this within haxe?
>         http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/ActionScriptLangRefV3/fl/controls/ScrollBar.html
>

>         Regards,
>
>         --
>         haXe - an open source web programming language
>         http://haxe.org
>

>     --
>     http://haxe.org
>

> --
> Tony Polinelli
> http://touchmypixel.com

RE: Scrollbar? Other components?

Michael Pliskin
You might also want to check arctic (http://arctic.googlecode.com) or AsWing (http://www.aswing.org) - although AsWing is quite heavy-weight.

Mike

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

Thomas-8
> I got these working with haxe without much trouble:
>
> http://www.bit-101.com/minimalcomps/

Wow 300 LOC for a slider! I never thought it had to be so big, it has
more lines than my app itself :-P

Thank you all for your replies.

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

Lee Sylvester
Hey Thomas,

About 95% of that code is simply satisfying the interface for the Flash
IDE, integration with other Adobe components, and a whole load of
unnecessary faff!  You can write your own slidebar in about 20 lines of
code. Just look at how drag area's work and how to set the current line
index in TextFields...

Also, try doing a search in Google for open source Flash slidebars, as
there are probably hundreds out there that you can use straight off the bat.

Lee

Thomas wrote:

>> I got these working with haxe without much trouble:
>>
>> http://www.bit-101.com/minimalcomps/
>>

> Wow 300 LOC for a slider! I never thought it had to be so big, it has
> more lines than my app itself :-P
>
> Thank you all for your replies.

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

Thomas-8
> You can make you own scrollbar, it's pretty fast and simple.
>
> Use event MouseEvent.WHEEL and properties textfield.scrollV and
> textfield.maxScrollV.
It's actually MOUSE_WHEEL, and unfortunately it seems mouse wheels are
not supported on the OSX version of Flash Player :-(

Can someone confirm or infirm?

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

Lee Sylvester
Nope, not supported on OSX. Sorry, bud :-(

Lee

Thomas wrote:

>> You can make you own scrollbar, it's pretty fast and simple.
>>
>> Use event MouseEvent.WHEEL and properties textfield.scrollV and
>> textfield.maxScrollV.
>>
> It's actually MOUSE_WHEEL, and unfortunately it seems mouse wheels are
> not supported on the OSX version of Flash Player :-(
>
> Can someone confirm or infirm?

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

Robert Sköld
However, if you're running in in the browser, there's a js workaround
for os x: http://code.google.com/p/swfmousewheel/

On Jun 22, 2009, at 11:18, Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:

> Nope, not supported on OSX. Sorry, bud :-(
>
> Lee
>

> Thomas wrote:
>>> You can make you own scrollbar, it's pretty fast and simple.
>>>
>>> Use event MouseEvent.WHEEL and properties textfield.scrollV and
>>> textfield.maxScrollV.
>>>
>> It's actually MOUSE_WHEEL, and unfortunately it seems mouse wheels
>> are
>> not supported on the OSX version of Flash Player :-(
>>
>> Can someone confirm or infirm?

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

edA-qa mort-ora-y
Thomas wrote:
> I have a little text field in my chat app, and I'd like to add a quick
> and dirty scrollbar, nothing fancy, just the ability to view older
> text.

My DHLIB has a simple scrollbar class -- it also has a multiline text
control which will setup the scrollbar for you.

If interested just let me know and I can point you to the sample code.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y

BigTPoker uses haXe and DHLIB
        http://BigTPoker.com/?source=haxe-list

The dis-Emi-A haXe Library
        http://wiki.disemia.com/HaXe

A full set of tools, classes, and support facilities aimed at
simplifying and expediting game creation in Flash 9.

Sign: Please digitally sign your emails.
Encrypt: I'm also happy to receive encrypted mail.

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

Thomas-8
Does anyone know where to get a dropdown box as minimal and simple as
minimalcomps from bit-101?

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

Baluta Cristian
i'm using MacMouseWheel for mouse wheel on osx. If anyone interested i can attach it ported to haxe, even if it needs only few adjustments.

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does anyone know where to get a dropdown box as minimal and simple as
minimalcomps from bit-101?

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

gershon
still wip, but haxegui has those...

var dropDown = new haxegui.controls.DropDown();
comboBox.init();
var ds  = new haxegui.DataSource();
ds.data = new List<String>;
ds.add("Item1");
dropDown.dataSource = ds;

or in the haxegui xml dialect:
<!-- DropDown is a shortcut for a non-editable ComboBox -->
<haxegui:controls:ComboBox editable="false">
<haxegui:DataSource>
<List>
<String>Item1</String>
</List>
</haxegui:DataSource>
</haxegui:controls:ComboBox>

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM, gershon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> still wip, but haxegui has those...
>
> var dropDown = new haxegui.controls.DropDown();
Oh that's cool, I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip :-)

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

Thomas-8
> I got these working with haxe without much trouble:
>
> http://www.bit-101.com/minimalcomps/
>
> Chris
How do I use this in a haxe project? What options should I put in my
build.hxml file for haxe to fetch the .as files I will be using?

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

Don-Duong Quach
I'm not sure if this is out of date, but I converted them a while back.

http://github.com/geekrelief/hxminimalcomps

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I got these working with haxe without much trouble:
>
> http://www.bit-101.com/minimalcomps/
>
> Chris
How do I use this in a haxe project? What options should I put in my
build.hxml file for haxe to fetch the .as files I will be using?

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

Tony Polinelli
I also had trouble getting any of the examples from the svn to work, as they were referencing xml's and classes which nolonger existed (this was a few weeks ago). These might need a little attention for people to get into it easily

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Don-Duong Quach <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm not sure if this is out of date, but I converted them a while back.

http://github.com/geekrelief/hxminimalcomps

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I got these working with haxe without much trouble:
>
> http://www.bit-101.com/minimalcomps/
>
> Chris
How do I use this in a haxe project? What options should I put in my
build.hxml file for haxe to fetch the .as files I will be using?

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

Don-Duong Quach
Hi Tony,

Were you referring to my conversion: hxminimalcomps?

Just to be clear for those who aren't familiar with git.  You'll need to install git.  Then run:
git clone git://github.com/geekrelief/hxminimalcomps.git

you can cd into hxminimalcomps/sample and run haxe compile.hxml to generate the main.swf sample.

Don Q.

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I also had trouble getting any of the examples from the svn to work, as they were referencing xml's and classes which nolonger existed (this was a few weeks ago). These might need a little attention for people to get into it easily

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Don-Duong Quach <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm not sure if this is out of date, but I converted them a while back.

http://github.com/geekrelief/hxminimalcomps

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I got these working with haxe without much trouble:
>
> http://www.bit-101.com/minimalcomps/
>
> Chris
How do I use this in a haxe project? What options should I put in my
build.hxml file for haxe to fetch the .as files I will be using?

Re: Scrollbar? Other components?

Tony Polinelli
no i was talking about hxgui - sorry if you'd left that topic ;P

i cant remember exactly the issues i was having - just tried to get the examples working and failed