ScreenWeaver HX samples not compiling, crashing neko

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ScreenWeaver HX samples not compiling, crashing neko

Ido Yehieli
Hi,
I'm trying to use ScreenWeaver HX to create a desktop application with haxe (using the flash target).

Going via http://haxe.org/com/libs/swhx, I installed swhx with "haxelib install swhx", but when running it with "haxelib run swhx" I get the following error:
----
C:\Users\ido>haxelib run swhx
Run.hx:11: buidling Sampler application - please hold.
C:\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\swhx/1,2,0/swhx/Plugin.hx:93: characters 14-31 : haxe.#H
ttp has no field request
Run.hx:27: running Sampler application.
Run.hx:29: done
----

After correcting Plugin.hx by changing line 93 from "var data = haxe.Http.request(url);" to "var data = haxe.Http.requestUrl(url);" and uncaught exception popup appears with the text:
----
Uncaught exception
load.c(176) : Module not found : app.n
----

On the console I get:
----
C:\Users\ido>haxelib run swhx
Run.hx:11: buidling Sampler application - please hold.
Sample.hx:77: characters 29-32 : Local variable cmd used without being initializ
ed
Run.hx:27: running Sampler application.
Run.hx:29: done
----

When further investigating, I tried running and compiling the 1st sample(http://pastebin.com/SNVidGHR):
----
C:\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\swhx\1,2,0\samples\1-basic>haxe compile.hxml

C:\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\swhx\1,2,0\samples\1-basic>neko app.n
----

Neko crashes immediately. Commenting the lines one by one revealed that line 34 ("flash.start();") is the cause of neko crashing.

Any idea about what I'm doing wrong or how to solve the problem?

Thanks,
Ido.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ScreenWeaver HX samples not compiling, crashing neko

Alex Liebert
Hey Ido,

I don't have the project in front of me, but if I recall the API had
changed but the samples weren't updated.  Can you try creating a
simple app based on the latest haxe.org doc and building it without
using run?

Alex

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 4:26 AM, Ido Yehieli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to use ScreenWeaver HX to create a desktop application with haxe
> (using the flash target).
>
> Going via http://haxe.org/com/libs/swhx, I installed swhx with "haxelib
> install swhx", but when running it with "haxelib run swhx" I get the
> following error:
> ----
> C:\Users\ido>haxelib run swhx
> Run.hx:11: buidling Sampler application - please hold.
> C:\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\swhx/1,2,0/swhx/Plugin.hx:93: characters 14-31 :
> haxe.#H
> ttp has no field request
> Run.hx:27: running Sampler application.
> Run.hx:29: done
> ----
>
> After correcting Plugin.hx by changing line 93 from "var data =
> haxe.Http.request(url);" to "var data = haxe.Http.requestUrl(url);" and
> uncaught exception popup appears with the text:
> ----
> Uncaught exception
> load.c(176) : Module not found : app.n
> ----
>
> On the console I get:
> ----
> C:\Users\ido>haxelib run swhx
> Run.hx:11: buidling Sampler application - please hold.
> Sample.hx:77: characters 29-32 : Local variable cmd used without being
> initializ
> ed
> Run.hx:27: running Sampler application.
> Run.hx:29: done
> ----
>
> When further investigating, I tried running and compiling the 1st
> sample(http://pastebin.com/SNVidGHR):
> ----
> C:\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\swhx\1,2,0\samples\1-basic>haxe compile.hxml
>
> C:\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\swhx\1,2,0\samples\1-basic>neko app.n
> ----
>
> Neko crashes immediately. Commenting the lines one by one revealed that line
> 34 ("flash.start();") is the cause of neko crashing.
>
> Any idea about what I'm doing wrong or how to solve the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Ido.
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/ScreenWeaver-HX-samples-not-compiling-crashing-neko-tp6557976p6557976.html
> Sent from the Haxe mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> --
> haXe - an open source web programming language
> http://haxe.org
>

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ScreenWeaver HX samples not compiling, crashing neko

go2ghana
Am 07.07.2011 19:35, schrieb Alex Liebert:

> Hey Ido,
>
> I don't have the project in front of me, but if I recall the API had
> changed but the samples weren't updated.  Can you try creating a
> simple app based on the latest haxe.org doc and building it without
> using run?
>
> Alex
>
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 4:26 AM, Ido Yehieli<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to use ScreenWeaver HX to create a desktop application with haxe
>> (using the flash target).
>>
>> Going via http://haxe.org/com/libs/swhx, I installed swhx with "haxelib
>> install swhx", but when running it with "haxelib run swhx" I get the
>> following error:
>> ----
>> C:\Users\ido>haxelib run swhx
>> Run.hx:11: buidling Sampler application - please hold.
>> C:\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\swhx/1,2,0/swhx/Plugin.hx:93: characters 14-31 :
>> haxe.#H
>> ttp has no field request
>> Run.hx:27: running Sampler application.
>> Run.hx:29: done
>> ----
>>
>> After correcting Plugin.hx by changing line 93 from "var data =
>> haxe.Http.request(url);" to "var data = haxe.Http.requestUrl(url);" and
>> uncaught exception popup appears with the text:
>> ----
>> Uncaught exception
>> load.c(176) : Module not found : app.n
>> ----
>>
>> On the console I get:
>> ----
>> C:\Users\ido>haxelib run swhx
>> Run.hx:11: buidling Sampler application - please hold.
>> Sample.hx:77: characters 29-32 : Local variable cmd used without being
>> initializ
>> ed
>> Run.hx:27: running Sampler application.
>> Run.hx:29: done
>> ----
>>
>> When further investigating, I tried running and compiling the 1st
>> sample(http://pastebin.com/SNVidGHR):
>> ----
>> C:\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\swhx\1,2,0\samples\1-basic>haxe compile.hxml
>>
>> C:\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\swhx\1,2,0\samples\1-basic>neko app.n
>> ----
>>
>> Neko crashes immediately. Commenting the lines one by one revealed that line
>> 34 ("flash.start();") is the cause of neko crashing.
>>
>> Any idea about what I'm doing wrong or how to solve the problem?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ido.
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context: http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/ScreenWeaver-HX-samples-not-compiling-crashing-neko-tp6557976p6557976.html
>> Sent from the Haxe mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>> --
>> haXe - an open source web programming language
>> http://haxe.org
>>
Just tried to rebuild an older test I did with swhx and first run into
trouble because it crashes on my XP box
  with the current player (10.3.181.34 - NOT the debug version)
First I tried to use the automatic download of swhx but failed because
Adobe no longer provides xpi packages...
Fortunately I found an 10,1,102,64 build which works well...
Included with a little test application at
http://go2ghana.net/flashDevel/SwhxDevel.zip

Any ideas why the current version doesn't work?
There is a dump of the crash if anyone is interested.

Cordially,
Axel



--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ScreenWeaver HX samples not compiling, crashing neko

Ido Yehieli
Thanks Axel, your example works - I will use it as a basis for my work for now.

Hopefully soon we could use the latest flash with swhx soon.

-Ido.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ScreenWeaver HX samples not compiling, crashing neko

go2ghana
Am 08.07.2011 12:18, schrieb Ido Yehieli:
> Thanks Axel, your example works - I will use it as a basis for my work for
> now.
>
> Hopefully soon we could use the latest flash with swhx soon.
yes - hope someone with the technical background hopefully will have a
look at this since it is not permitted to
distribute a downloadable copy of the player...
> -Ido.
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/ScreenWeaver-HX-samples-not-compiling-crashing-neko-tp6557976p6561999.html
> Sent from the Haxe mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ScreenWeaver HX samples not compiling, crashing neko

Ido Yehieli
Ok, a new problem:

Everything works fine, but when entering full screen mode I am not getting hardware acceleration (despite have set Lib.current.stage.fullScreenSourceRect = new Rectangle(0, 0, 640, 480); in the flash client).

This works with the flash 10 projector & almost doubles the speed of my application.

Any idea how to enable it with screenweaver?

-Ido.