Screen capture with cpp or neko

Cauê W.
Is it possible? Our main platform is windows, but it would be great if mac were available also!
So we might have to import the api? Is it doable? I've never used any lib import like that. Could someon point me out to the right direction?

Thanks a lot!

TIA
Cauê

Re: Screen capture with cpp or neko

Lee Sylvester
Find a C lib that can do this and I'll show you how to make a Neko ndll
out of it.

Lee

Cauê Waneck wrote:
> Is it possible? Our main platform is windows, but it would be great if
> mac were available also!
> So we might have to import the api? Is it doable? I've never used any
> lib import like that. Could someon point me out to the right direction?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> TIA
> Cauê

Re: Screen capture with cpp or neko

Blue Sans douze
On Unix systems, (and maybe others) you can do it with ImageMagick...
I don't know if there's an API with that, but I think so.

Good luck.
-Blue112

2009/10/1 Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]>:

> Is it possible? Our main platform is windows, but it would be great if mac
> were available also!
> So we might have to import the api? Is it doable? I've never used any lib
> import like that. Could someon point me out to the right direction?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> TIA
> Cauê

Re: Screen capture with cpp or neko

Lee Sylvester
Oh, I took the request to mean screen casting. Do you mean capturing as
a video or a still?

Lee

Blue Sans douze wrote:

> On Unix systems, (and maybe others) you can do it with ImageMagick...
> I don't know if there's an API with that, but I think so.
>
> Good luck.
> -Blue112
>
> 2009/10/1 Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Is it possible? Our main platform is windows, but it would be great if mac
>> were available also!
>> So we might have to import the api? Is it doable? I've never used any lib
>> import like that. Could someon point me out to the right direction?
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>>
>> TIA
>> Cauê

Re: Screen capture with cpp or neko

Cauê W.
Right now we need it as a still, really!

thanks lots!

: )

Cauê

2009/10/1 Cauę Waneck <[hidden email]>:

Is it possible? Our main platform is windows, but it would be great if mac
were available also!
So we might have to import the api? Is it doable? I've never used any lib
import like that. Could someon point me out to the right direction?

Thanks a lot!

TIA
Cauę

Re: Screen capture with cpp or neko

Cauê W.
I looked for ImageMagick and found this:

http://code.google.com/p/nmagick

Does it capture stills from the screen?

Thanks!

Blue Sans douze wrote:
On Unix systems, (and maybe others) you can do it with ImageMagick...
I don't know if there's an API with that, but I think so.

Good luck.
-Blue112

2009/10/1 Cauę Waneck <[hidden email]>:

Is it possible? Our main platform is windows, but it would be great if mac
were available also!
So we might have to import the api? Is it doable? I've never used any lib
import like that. Could someon point me out to the right direction?

Thanks a lot!

TIA
Cauę

Re: Screen capture with cpp or neko

In that case, I think Blue Sans is right; ImageMagick might be your best
bet. Have a go at downloading nMagick. It provides 99% of the
ImageMagick API (or did), so should have the method you require, if
indeed, ImageMagick does provide this feature.

Cauê Waneck wrote:

> Right now we need it as a still, really!
>
> thanks lots!
>
> : )
>
> Cauê
>
> 2009/10/1 Lee McColl Sylvester <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Oh, I took the request to mean screen casting. Do you mean
>     capturing as a video or a still?
>
>     Lee
>

>     Blue Sans douze wrote:
>
>         On Unix systems, (and maybe others) you can do it with
>         ImageMagick...
>         I don't know if there's an API with that, but I think so.
>
>         Good luck.
>         -Blue112
>
>         2009/10/1 Cauę Waneck <[hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>

>             Is it possible? Our main platform is windows, but it would
>             be great if mac
>             were available also!
>             So we might have to import the api? Is it doable? I've
>             never used any lib
>             import like that. Could someon point me out to the right
>             direction?
>
>             Thanks a lot!
>
>             TIA
>             Cauę
>

>             --
>             haXe - an open source web programming language
>             http://haxe.org
>

>     --
>     http://haxe.org

Re: Screen capture with cpp or neko

Funnily, I should know as I wrote it, but I really can't remember (it's
three years old at least!). Have a scan of the NMagick.hx file and see
if any of the method names look appropriate. I'd have a look myself, but
I'm still working atm.

Cauê Waneck wrote:

> I looked for ImageMagick and found this:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/nmagick
>
> Does it capture stills from the screen?
>
> Thanks!
>
> 2009/10/1 Cauê Waneck <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Right now we need it as a still, really!
>
>     thanks lots!
>
>     : )
>
>     Cauê
>
>     2009/10/1 Lee McColl Sylvester <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>         Oh, I took the request to mean screen casting. Do you mean
>         capturing as a video or a still?
>
>         Lee
>

>         Blue Sans douze wrote:
>
>             On Unix systems, (and maybe others) you can do it with
>             ImageMagick...
>             I don't know if there's an API with that, but I think so.
>
>             Good luck.
>             -Blue112
>
>             2009/10/1 Cauę Waneck <[hidden email]
>             <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>

>                 Is it possible? Our main platform is windows, but it
>                 would be great if mac
>                 were available also!
>                 So we might have to import the api? Is it doable? I've
>                 never used any lib
>                 import like that. Could someon point me out to the
>                 right direction?
>
>                 Thanks a lot!
>
>                 TIA
>                 Cauę
>

>                 --
>                 haXe - an open source web programming language
>                 http://haxe.org
>

>         --
>         haXe - an open source web programming language
>         http://haxe.org

Re: Screen capture with cpp or neko

Blue Sans douze
The ImageMagick command for screen capture is "import". Maybe it's the
same in the API.

Good luck.
Blue112.

2009/10/1 Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]>:

> Oh! Grrreat! Thanks!
>
> I'm taking a look into it. : )
>
> thanks!
>
> 2009/10/1 Lee McColl Sylvester <[hidden email]>
>>
>> In that case, I think Blue Sans is right; ImageMagick might be your best
>> bet. Have a go at downloading nMagick. It provides 99% of the ImageMagick
>> API (or did), so should have the method you require, if indeed, ImageMagick
>> does provide this feature.
>>
>> Best,
>> Lee
>>

>> Cauê Waneck wrote:
>>>
>>> Right now we need it as a still, really!
>>>
>>> thanks lots!
>>>
>>> : )
>>>
>>> Cauê
>>>
>>> 2009/10/1 Lee McColl Sylvester <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>>
>>>    Oh, I took the request to mean screen casting. Do you mean
>>>    capturing as a video or a still?
>>>
>>>    Lee
>>>

>>>    Blue Sans douze wrote:
>>>
>>>        On Unix systems, (and maybe others) you can do it with
>>>        ImageMagick...
>>>        I don't know if there's an API with that, but I think so.
>>>
>>>        Good luck.
>>>        -Blue112
>>>
>>>        2009/10/1 Cauę Waneck <[hidden email]
>>>        <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>>
>>>            Is it possible? Our main platform is windows, but it would
>>>            be great if mac
>>>            were available also!
>>>            So we might have to import the api? Is it doable? I've
>>>            never used any lib
>>>            import like that. Could someon point me out to the right
>>>            direction?
>>>
>>>            Thanks a lot!
>>>
>>>            TIA
>>>            Cauę
>>>

>>>            --
>>>            haXe - an open source web programming language
>>>            http://haxe.org
>>>

>>>    --    haXe - an open source web programming language
>>>    http://haxe.org

Re: Screen capture with cpp or neko

Cauê W.
Hey, thanks Blue Sans!!!

I've tried to find at nmagick, but no luck, alas...
I'll look into it more precisely

2009/10/1 Blue Sans douze <[hidden email]>
The ImageMagick command for screen capture is "import". Maybe it's the
same in the API.

Good luck.
Blue112.

2009/10/1 Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]>:
> Oh! Grrreat! Thanks!
>
> I'm taking a look into it. : )
>
> thanks!
>
> 2009/10/1 Lee McColl Sylvester <[hidden email]>
>>
>> In that case, I think Blue Sans is right; ImageMagick might be your best
>> bet. Have a go at downloading nMagick. It provides 99% of the ImageMagick
>> API (or did), so should have the method you require, if indeed, ImageMagick
>> does provide this feature.
>>
>> Best,
>> Lee
>>

>> Cauê Waneck wrote:
>>>
>>> Right now we need it as a still, really!
>>>
>>> thanks lots!
>>>
>>> : )
>>>
>>> Cauê
>>>
>>> 2009/10/1 Lee McColl Sylvester <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>>
>>>    Oh, I took the request to mean screen casting. Do you mean
>>>    capturing as a video or a still?
>>>
>>>    Lee
>>>

>>>    Blue Sans douze wrote:
>>>
>>>        On Unix systems, (and maybe others) you can do it with
>>>        ImageMagick...
>>>        I don't know if there's an API with that, but I think so.
>>>
>>>        Good luck.
>>>        -Blue112
>>>
>>>        2009/10/1 Cauę Waneck <[hidden email]
>>>        <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>>
>>>            Is it possible? Our main platform is windows, but it would
>>>            be great if mac
>>>            were available also!
>>>            So we might have to import the api? Is it doable? I've
>>>            never used any lib
>>>            import like that. Could someon point me out to the right
>>>            direction?
>>>
>>>            Thanks a lot!
>>>
>>>            TIA
>>>            Cauę
>>>

>>>            --
>>>            haXe - an open source web programming language
>>>            http://haxe.org
>>>

>>>    --    haXe - an open source web programming language
>>>    http://haxe.org

Re: Screen capture with cpp or neko

Lee Sylvester
It could be that I've not implemented it or that the method has been
added to ImageMagick since creating nMagick. It would actually be really
easy to add. Take a look at the nMagick.c file and look at the examples
for the other methods. It's probably about six lines of code required to
add that method, then wire it in NMagick.hx. Not a big deal ;-)

Lee