SamHaXe is ready for testing

Robin Palotai
Hi all!

  We finally reached the testing stage in developing SamHaXe. For
those who never heard of SamHaXe (probably the most of you) it's a
haXe/neko based flash resource assembly tool used for collecting
various assets(images, sounds, movie clips, fonts, etc.) into a single
SWF file. It's partially a replacement for swfmill which (among other) offers
similar functionality but has known stability and other issues
especially under windows. SamHaXe is meant to be cross platform that's
why we decided to develop in haXe and chose neko as the target.

  If you're interested in testing SamHaXe please visit
http://mindless-labs.dyndns.org/trac/samhaxe/ Here you can check out
the source code from the SVN repository compile, test, read the
documentation or submit tickets if you encounter some bug (I'm sure
you will) :)

There are also Windows binaries at the bottom of that page if
you are not keen on compiling. Please don't let it frighten you that
the website may be a bit (khm) slow for now.

Have fun testing and don't hesitate to write us if you have any questions!

Ron & Kukkerman

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Franco Ponticelli
Sounds great, I'll try it ASAP ... congratulations!

Franco

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Cauê W.
What good news! It was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

2009/8/27 Franco Ponticelli <[hidden email]>
Sounds great, I'll try it ASAP ... congratulations!

Franco

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Martijn Loots
Very very nice work and great documentation. I'm gonna use this
as soon as time permits. Thanks!

--
-Martijn    @..@    ( Martijn Loots       -  Hengelo  [NL] )
-          (`--')   ( martijn<@>cosix.com -  www.cosix.com )

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Juan Delgado
Hi there!

What's the rationale for not simply creating a GUI on top of SWFMill?
Indeed SWFMill hasn't been pushed for some time, but now it's coming
back to life and it looks a little bit like duplicated efforts. Just
taking a look to the libraries SamHaxe uses they look the same as
SWFMill's....

Not complaining by any means, just interested to know : )

Cheers!

Juan

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Martijn Loots<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Very very nice work and great documentation. I'm gonna use this
> as soon as time permits. Thanks!
>
> --
> -Martijn    @..@    ( Martijn Loots       -  Hengelo  [NL] )
> -          (`--')   ( martijn<@>cosix.com -  www.cosix.com )
> -         ( >__< )  ----------------------------------------
> -         ^^^  ^^^  (   Netwerken, Security, Open Source   )

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Ian Thomas
Hi Robin,
   Excellent stuff. :-)

   Interested that you've modified anthx. Anything useful to push out
into the main anthx distribution? (I need to fix a couple of bugs and
add cpp targets anyway, so now might be a good time to make some
changes...)

Cheers,
   Ian

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Palotai Robin<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
>  We finally reached the testing stage in developing SamHaXe. For
> those who never heard of SamHaXe (probably the most of you) it's a
> haXe/neko based flash resource assembly tool used for collecting
> various assets(images, sounds, movie clips, fonts, etc.) into a single
> SWF file. It's partially a replacement for swfmill which (among other)
> offers
> similar functionality but has known stability and other issues
> especially under windows. SamHaXe is meant to be cross platform that's
> why we decided to develop in haXe and chose neko as the target.
>
>  If you're interested in testing SamHaXe please visit
> http://mindless-labs.dyndns.org/trac/samhaxe/ Here you can check out
> the source code from the SVN repository compile, test, read the
> documentation or submit tickets if you encounter some bug (I'm sure
> you will) :)
>
> There are also Windows binaries at the bottom of that page if you are not
> keen on compiling. Please don't let it frighten you that
> the website may be a bit (khm) slow for now.
>
> Have fun testing and don't hesitate to write us if you have any questions!
>
> Ron & Kukkerman

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Gábor Szuromi
The modifications I've applied on anthx are:

* Automatic dependency tracking: Collects dependencies of a project
into a text file and builds the project only if some of the files are
more recent than the target.

* Fixed a bug with classpath creation: Paths in the classpath are
passed to haXe compiler using multiple "-cp <path>" command line
parameters. Originally they were passed as

haxe.createArg().setLine("-cp "+paths[i]);

but this fails if the string paths[i] contains one or more spaces
because they will be treated as separate command line arguments. I've
changed it to

haxe.createArg().setValue("-cp");
haxe.createArg().setValue(paths[i]);

* Added 'if', 'unless' and 'objdir' properties to <haxe>: 'if' and
'unless' for conditional target execution, 'objdir' for the path where
dependency tracking files will be created.

If you're interesed I can send you patches against HEAD revision of anthx.

Cheers,
   Gabe

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Ian Thomas
Hi Gabe,

  Patches would be great - I'll update and credit appropriately. I
knew about the classpath issue - it's on my TODO list - so that would
be very helpful. Dependency stuff sounds very useful.

Cheers,
   Ian

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Gábor Szuromi<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The modifications I've applied on anthx are:
>
> * Automatic dependency tracking: Collects dependencies of a project
> into a text file and builds the project only if some of the files are
> more recent than the target.
>
> * Fixed a bug with classpath creation: Paths in the classpath are
> passed to haXe compiler using multiple "-cp <path>" command line
> parameters. Originally they were passed as
>
> haxe.createArg().setLine("-cp "+paths[i]);
>
> but this fails if the string paths[i] contains one or more spaces
> because they will be treated as separate command line arguments. I've
> changed it to
>
> haxe.createArg().setValue("-cp");
> haxe.createArg().setValue(paths[i]);
>
> * Added 'if', 'unless' and 'objdir' properties to <haxe>: 'if' and
> 'unless' for conditional target execution, 'objdir' for the path where
> dependency tracking files will be created.
>
> If you're interesed I can send you patches against HEAD revision of anthx.
>
> Cheers,
>   Gabe

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Zjnue Brzavi
>  If you're interested in testing SamHaXe please visit
> http://mindless-labs.dyndns.org/trac/samhaxe/ Here you can check out
> the source code from the SVN repository compile, test, read the
> documentation or submit tickets if you encounter some bug (I'm sure
> you will) :)

Hi,

Nice tool :)

I'm trying to build from sources. All goes well until I try to build
the demos, where it chokes on this line (#443)  in Image.hx:
var native_init_fn = neko.Lib.load("image", "init", 0);

with:
[..]
[exec] Called from Image.hx line 443
[exec] Called from neko/Lib.hx line 33
[exec] Uncaught exception - load.c(232) : Failed to load library :
G:/projects/samhaxe/bin/modules/native/image.ndll

image.ndll and font.ndll have been formed in the folder where it is
looking, so not sure what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Zjnue

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Robin Palotai
Hi,

Gabe is the master of Image.n, but maybe two things to check (as I see
from G: this may be Windows?):

See the docs at
http://mindless-labs.dyndns.org/samhaxe/doc/1.0/files/INSTALL-txt.html ,
Build Configuration section

1, Are the imagemagick.xx.yy options set in your config.ant file?

2, Are the two paths mentioned in the subsection "Configuring
ImageMagick under windows" added to your PATH?

Thanks,
Robin

Zjnue Brzavi írta:

>>  If you're interested in testing SamHaXe please visit
>> http://mindless-labs.dyndns.org/trac/samhaxe/ Here you can check out
>> the source code from the SVN repository compile, test, read the
>> documentation or submit tickets if you encounter some bug (I'm sure
>> you will) :)
>>

> Hi,
>
> Nice tool :)
>
> I'm trying to build from sources. All goes well until I try to build
> the demos, where it chokes on this line (#443)  in Image.hx:
> var native_init_fn = neko.Lib.load("image", "init", 0);
>
> with:
> [..]
> [exec] Called from Image.hx line 443
> [exec] Called from neko/Lib.hx line 33
> [exec] Uncaught exception - load.c(232) : Failed to load library :
> G:/projects/samhaxe/bin/modules/native/image.ndll
>
> image.ndll and font.ndll have been formed in the folder where it is
> looking, so not sure what could be wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Zjnue

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Zjnue Brzavi
Hi Robin,

Thank you for the quick help.

> Gabe is the master of Image.n, but maybe two things to check (as I see from
> G: this may be Windows?):

Yep :/

> See the docs at
> http://mindless-labs.dyndns.org/samhaxe/doc/1.0/files/INSTALL-txt.html ,
> Build Configuration section
>
> 1, Are the imagemagick.xx.yy options set in your config.ant file?

Yes, I think these are correct:
imagemagick.path=c:/program files/imagemagick
imagemagick.include.path=${imagemagick.path}/include
imagemagick.library.path=${imagemagick.path}
imagemagick.library.name=CORE_RL_wand_

> 2, Are the two paths mentioned in the subsection "Configuring ImageMagick
> under windows" added to your PATH?

I actually forgot to add these manually, and did so after your hint.
However, I think the IM installers I used added the install location
to the PATH at least, but I added:
C:\Program Files\ImageMagick\modules
to have both.

Same problem unfortunately..

I think it may be something else actually. After installing
ImageMagick, if I try to run an exe, I get a message saying
"imdisplay.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (some addess). Click on
OK to termite the application"

I've tried installing both of these, but get the same behaviour:
ftp://ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagick/binaries/ImageMagick-6.5.5-4-Q16-windows-dll.exe
ftp://ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagick/binaries/ImageMagick-6.5.5-4-Q8-windows-dll.exe

As mentioned, my image.ndll is generated and the file size is very
close to your binaries, so I imagined it was sufficient to have the
dlls of ImageMagic - which are in the root of the installation folder
after install.

Not sure what to make of this. Any idea why ImageMagick should be
having installation problems on XP SP3 (32bit quad)? I'll investigate
further tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Zjnue

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Gábor Szuromi
> I think it may be something else actually. After installing
> ImageMagick, if I try to run an exe, I get a message saying
> "imdisplay.exe - Application Error
> The application failed to initialize properly (some addess). Click on
> OK to termite the application"

I've got this message plenty of times before trying to link to
ImageMagick. The setup that works for me under XP SP2 32bit:

Installed ImageMagick-6.5.5-4-Q16-windows-dll.exe under c:\Program
Files\ImageMagick
Manually added C:\Program Files\ImageMagick and C:\Program
Files\ImageMagick\modules to PATH. Without this even ImageMagick's own
applications won't start because the dynamic linker is unable to find
DLLs under modules directory. I'm using MinGW for compiling native
modules (and I think you too), so my config.ant is:

imagemagick.path=c:/Program Files/ImageMagick
imagemagick.include.path=${imagemagick.path}/include
imagemagick.library.path=${imagemagick.path}
imagemagick.library.name=CORE_RL_wand_

Good luck!

Gabe

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Zjnue Brzavi
>> I think it may be something else actually. After installing
>> ImageMagick, if I try to run an exe, I get a message saying
>> "imdisplay.exe - Application Error
>> The application failed to initialize properly (some addess). Click on
>> OK to termite the application"
>
> I've got this message plenty of times before trying to link to
> ImageMagick. The setup that works for me under XP SP2 32bit:
[..]

Hi Gabe,

Just tried your instructions again and made sure to cover many
permutations, switching positions of locations in PATH, etc, but to no
avail.

After googling I found some people suggesting to install this:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

Held back, but in the end installed it and ...now it works! ...nothing
wrong with your setup.. in fact, exceptionally well packaged! So
congratulations to the superiors and look forward to interrogate many
assets with this wonderful new tool ;)

Zjnue

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Gábor Szuromi
> After googling I found some people suggesting to install this:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en
>
> Held back, but in the end installed it and ...now it works!

Thanks for figuring this out. In fact I took a closer look at
ImageMagick's website and found this on the windows binary release
page (http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows):

"If you have any problems, install the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
Package (x86) or Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64). 64-bit
Windows requires both packages (x86 & x64)."

So it looks like that some components of binary ImageMagick link to VS
runtime. I'll add this valuable information to documentation.

Happy interrogating :)

Gabe

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Robin

I have been down the road of trying to compile all the bits for a tool
and I am reluctant to go down this road... Any chance of a ready
packaged app for Leopard even off list, has anyone tried this on mac?

Also I have a specific question for you on your tool...

In flash I can create MovieClips with
_up _over _down _hit
frame states that can be used as buttons really easily... does your
tool have any support for this now or in the future?

Cheers

;j

On 27 Aug 2009, at 17:29, Palotai Robin wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> We finally reached the testing stage in developing SamHaXe. For
> those who never heard of SamHaXe (probably the most of you) it's a
> haXe/neko based flash resource assembly tool used for collecting
> various assets(images, sounds, movie clips, fonts, etc.) into a single
> SWF file. It's partially a replacement for swfmill which (among
> other) offers
> similar functionality but has known stability and other issues
> especially under windows. SamHaXe is meant to be cross platform that's
> why we decided to develop in haXe and chose neko as the target.
>
> If you're interested in testing SamHaXe please visit
> http://mindless-labs.dyndns.org/trac/samhaxe/ Here you can check out
> the source code from the SVN repository compile, test, read the
> documentation or submit tickets if you encounter some bug (I'm sure
> you will) :)
>
> There are also Windows binaries at the bottom of that page if you
> are not keen on compiling. Please don't let it frighten you that
> the website may be a bit (khm) slow for now.
>
> Have fun testing and don't hesitate to write us if you have any
> questions!
>
> Ron & Kukkerman

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Niel Drummond-3
Justin Lawerance Mills wrote:
> Robin
>
> I have been down the road of trying to compile all the bits for a tool
> and I am reluctant to go down this road... Any chance of a ready
> packaged app for Leopard even off list, has anyone tried this on mac?

I tried compiling on OSX, but alas no golden cigar. I had to download
java1.6 and I'm compiling against ImageMagick-6.5.3-10, I tweaked the
build file to use gcc and I had to hardwire the linker flags (this seems
to be an as yet unresolved darwin quirk)

JAVACMD=/opt/local/share/java/openjdk6/bin/java ant -d
       [cc] Starting link
       [cc] gcc -shared -o libimage.so image.o
Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: Executing 'gcc' with arguments:
'-shared'
'-o'
'libimage.so'
'image.o'

The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
not part of the command.
       [cc] Undefined symbols:
       [cc]   "operator new(unsigned long)", referenced from:
       [cc]       __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<std::_Rb_tree_node<unsigned
int> >::allocate(unsigned long, void const*)in image.o
       [cc]   "___gxx_personality_v0", referenced from:
       [cc]       ___gxx_personality_v0$non_lazy_ptr in image.o
       [cc]   "_MagickGetException", referenced from:
       [cc]       _image_info in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "std::_Rb_tree_insert_and_rebalance(bool,
std::_Rb_tree_node_base*, std::_Rb_tree_node_base*,
std::_Rb_tree_node_base&)", referenced from:
       [cc]       std::_Rb_tree<unsigned int, unsigned int,
std::_Identity<unsigned int>, std::less<unsigned int>,
std::allocator<unsigned int> >::_M_insert(std::_Rb_tree_node_base*,
std::_Rb_tree_node_base*, unsigned int const&)in image.o
       [cc]   "_neko_val_id", referenced from:
       [cc]       _image_info in image.o
       [cc]       _image_info in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "_main", referenced from:
       [cc]       start in crt1.10.5.o
       [cc]   "std::_Rb_tree_increment(std::_Rb_tree_node_base const*)",
referenced from:
       [cc]       std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<unsigned
int>::operator++(int)in image.o
       [cc]       std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<unsigned
int>::operator++()in image.o
       [cc]   "operator delete(void*)", referenced from:
       [cc]       __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<std::_Rb_tree_node<unsigned
int> >::deallocate(std::_Rb_tree_node<unsigned int>*, unsigned long)in
image.o
       [cc]   "_GetImageFromMagickWand", referenced from:
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "_NewMagickWand", referenced from:
       [cc]       _image_info in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "_neko_val_throw", referenced from:
       [cc]       _image_info in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "_MagickGetImageType", referenced from:
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "_neko_alloc_field", referenced from:
       [cc]       _image_info in image.o
       [cc]       _image_info in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "_MagickGetImageWidth", referenced from:
       [cc]       _image_info in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "_MagickGetImageHeight", referenced from:
       [cc]       _image_info in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "_neko_alloc_string", referenced from:
       [cc]       _image_info in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "_neko_alloc_object", referenced from:
       [cc]       _image_info in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "_MagickGetImagePixels", referenced from:
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "operator new[](unsigned long)", referenced from:
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "_neko_copy_string", referenced from:
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "_DestroyMagickWand", referenced from:
       [cc]       _image_info in image.o
       [cc]       _image_info in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "_MagickReadImage", referenced from:
       [cc]       _image_info in image.o
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "_MagickWandGenesis", referenced from:
       [cc]       _init in image.o
       [cc]   "operator delete[](void*)", referenced from:
       [cc]       _import_mask in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]       _import_image in image.o
       [cc]   "std::__throw_bad_alloc()", referenced from:
       [cc]       __gnu_cxx::new_allocator<std::_Rb_tree_node<unsigned
int> >::allocate(unsigned long, void const*)in image.o
       [cc]   "_val_true", referenced from:
       [cc]       _val_true$non_lazy_ptr in image.o
       [cc]   "std::_Rb_tree_decrement(std::_Rb_tree_node_base*)",
referenced from:
       [cc]       std::_Rb_tree_iterator<unsigned int>::operator--()in
image.o
       [cc] ld: symbol(s) not found
       [cc] collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

BUILD FAILED

... [more debug]

g++ has much less debug information:

       [cc] Undefined symbols:
       [cc]   "_main", referenced from:
       [cc]       start in crt1.10.5.o
       [cc] ld: symbol(s) not found
       [cc] collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Hope this helps, maybe I have setup a flag incorrectly, but I think I've
done it right.

- Niel

> Also I have a specific question for you on your tool...
>
> In flash I can create MovieClips with
> _up _over _down _hit
> frame states that can be used as buttons really easily... does your
> tool have any support for this now or in the future?
>
> Cheers
>
> ;j
>

> On 27 Aug 2009, at 17:29, Palotai Robin wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> We finally reached the testing stage in developing SamHaXe. For
>> those who never heard of SamHaXe (probably the most of you) it's a
>> haXe/neko based flash resource assembly tool used for collecting
>> various assets(images, sounds, movie clips, fonts, etc.) into a single
>> SWF file. It's partially a replacement for swfmill which (among
>> other) offers
>> similar functionality but has known stability and other issues
>> especially under windows. SamHaXe is meant to be cross platform that's
>> why we decided to develop in haXe and chose neko as the target.
>>
>> If you're interested in testing SamHaXe please visit
>> http://mindless-labs.dyndns.org/trac/samhaxe/ Here you can check out
>> the source code from the SVN repository compile, test, read the
>> documentation or submit tickets if you encounter some bug (I'm sure
>> you will) :)
>>
>> There are also Windows binaries at the bottom of that page if you are
>> not keen on compiling. Please don't let it frighten you that
>> the website may be a bit (khm) slow for now.
>>
>> Have fun testing and don't hesitate to write us if you have any
>> questions!
>>
>> Ron & Kukkerman

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

jlm@justinfront.net
Niel

you still on hols?

;j

On 29 Aug 2009, at 19:16, Niel Drummond wrote:

> [...]
>>> that's
>>> why we decided to develop in haXe and chose neko as the target.
>>>
>>> If you're interested in testing SamHaXe please visit
>>> http://mindless-labs.dyndns.org/trac/samhaxe/ Here you can check out
>>> the source code from the SVN repository compile, test, read the
>>> documentation or submit tickets if you encounter some bug (I'm sure
>>> you will) :)
>>>
>>> There are also Windows binaries at the bottom of that page if you
>>> are not keen on compiling. Please don't let it frighten you that
>>> the website may be a bit (khm) slow for now.
>>>
>>> Have fun testing and don't hesitate to write us if you have any
>>> questions!
>>>
>>> Ron & Kukkerman

Re: SamHaXe is ready for testing

Gábor Szuromi
> JAVACMD=/opt/local/share/java/openjdk6/bin/java ant -d

There's the problem: cpptasks tries to link with gcc however g++
should be used. May I take a look at build.xml and config.ant?

Gábor Szuromi wrote:
>> JAVACMD=/opt/local/share/java/openjdk6/bin/java ant -d
>>      [cc] Starting link
>>      [cc] gcc -shared -o libimage.so image.o
>>

> There's the problem: cpptasks tries to link with gcc however g++
> should be used. May I take a look at build.xml and config.ant?

@Justin, yes hols were nice thx

I've attached the file, thanks you were correct, I had a g++ line still
left in the build.xml, which I have corrected. the error now changes to:

       [cc] Starting link
       [cc] gcc -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/neko-1.8.0-osx -shared -o
libimage.so image.o -lMagickWand -lneko
Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: Executing 'gcc' with arguments:
'-L/opt/local/lib'
'-L/opt/neko-1.8.0-osx'
'-shared'
'-o'
'libimage.so'
'image.o'
'-lMagickWand'
'-lneko'

[...]

<project name="SamHaXe" default="samhaxe" basedir=".">
   <description>
      SamHaXe: a flash resource assembly tool
   </description>

   <property environment="env"/>

   <condition property="is-windows">
      <os family="windows"/>
   </condition>

   <condition property="haxe.os" value="WINDOWS">
      <os family="windows"/>
   </condition>

   <condition property="haxe.os" value="UNIX">
      <os family="unix"/>
   </condition>

   <property file="config.ant"/>

   <property name="haxe.path" location="${env.HAXEPATH}"/>
   <property name="haxe.stdpath" location="${haxe.path}/std"/>
   <property name="haxe.debug" value="false"/>
   <property name="cpp.compiler" value="gcc"/>
   <property name="freetype.path" location="/usr"/>
   <property name="naturaldocs.path" location="${basedir}"/>

   <condition property="imagemagick.library.name" value="CORE_RL_wand_">
      <os family="windows"/>
   </condition>

<condition property="imagemagick.library.name" value="MagickWand">
      <os family="unix"/>
   </condition>

   <condition property="is-gcc">
      <equals arg1="${cpp.compiler}" arg2="gcc"/>
   </condition>

   <condition property="is-msvc">
      <equals arg1="${cpp.compiler}" arg2="msvc"/>
   </condition>

   <condition property="haxe.debug.arg" value="-debug -D DEBUG">
      <equals arg1="${haxe.debug}" arg2="true"/>
   </condition>

   <condition property="haxe.debug.arg" value="">
      <equals arg1="${haxe.debug}" arg2="false"/>
   </condition>

   <condition property="naturaldocs.executable" value="${naturaldocs.path}/NaturalDocs.bat">
      <os family="windows"/>
   </condition>

   <condition property="naturaldocs.executable" value="NaturalDocs">
      <os family="unix"/>
   </condition>

   <property name="install.path" location="/usr/local"/>
   <property name="install.path.bin" location="${install.path}/bin"/>
   <property name="install.path.modules" location="${install.path}/lib/samhaxe"/>
   <property name="install.path.doc" location="${install.path}/doc/samhaxe"/>
   <condition property="install.path.config" value="${install.path.bin}">
      <os family="windows"/>
   </condition>
   <condition property="install.path.config" value="/etc">
      <os family="unix"/>
   </condition>
   <condition property="samhaxe.executable" value="SamHaXe.exe">
      <os family="windows"/>
   </condition>
   <condition property="samhaxe.executable" value="SamHaXe">
      <os family="unix"/>
   </condition>

   <taskdef resource="net/wildwinter/anthx/anthx.properties" classpath="${basedir}/lib/AntHX.jar"/>
   <taskdef resource="cpptasks.tasks" classpath="${basedir}/lib/cpptasks.jar"/>

   <haxeEnv haxePath="${haxe.path}"/>

   <property name="srcdir" location="${basedir}/src"/>
   <property name="srcdir.modules" location="${srcdir}/modules"/>
   <property name="srcdir.native" location="${srcdir}/modules/native"/>
   <property name="objdir" location="${basedir}/obj"/>
   <property name="bindir" location="${basedir}/bin"/>
   <property name="libdir" location="${basedir}/lib"/>
   <property name="bindir.modules" location="${bindir}/modules"/>
   <property name="bindir.native" location="${bindir}/modules/native"/>
   <property name="demodir" location="${basedir}/demos"/>
   <property name="demodir.bin" location="${demodir}/bin"/>
   <property name="demodir.bin.assets" location="${demodir.bin}/assets"/>
   <property name="demodir.bin.apps" location="${demodir.bin}/apps"/>
   <property name="docdir" location="${basedir}/doc"/>
   <property name="distdir" location="${basedir}/dist"/>
   <property name="naturaldocs.dir" location="${basedir}/NaturalDocs"/>
   <property name="naturaldocs.datadir" location="${naturaldocs.dir}/Data"/>

   <path id="freetype.include">
      <pathelement location="${freetype.path}/include"/>
      <pathelement location="${freetype.path}/include/freetype2"/>
   </path>

   <path id="project.classpath">
      <pathelement location="${haxe.stdpath}"/>
      <pathelement location="${basedir}/lib/hxformat"/>
      <pathelement location="${srcdir}"/>
   </path>

   <target name="init">
      <mkdir dir="${objdir}"/>
      <mkdir dir="${bindir}"/>
      <mkdir dir="${bindir.modules}"/>
      <mkdir dir="${bindir.native}"/>
      <mkdir dir="${docdir}"/>
      <mkdir dir="${demodir.bin}"/>
      <mkdir dir="${demodir.bin.assets}"/>
      <mkdir dir="${demodir.bin.apps}"/>
   </target>

   <target name="samhaxe" depends="init, modules" description="compile SamHaXe">
      <echo message="Building SamHaXe"/>
      <haxe2neko dir="${srcdir}" main="SamHaXe" out="${bindir}/SamHaXe.n" objdir="${objdir}">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe2neko>

      <exec dir="${bindir}" executable="nekotools">
         <arg value="boot"/>
         <arg value="${bindir}/SamHaXe.n"/>
      </exec>

      <copy file="${basedir}/samhaxe.conf.xml.template" tofile="${bindir}/samhaxe.conf.xml"/>
      <replace file="${bindir}/samhaxe.conf.xml" token="##PATH##" value="${bindir.modules}"/>
   </target>

   <target name="modules" depends="init, native" description="compile SamHaXe modules">
      <echo message="Building Binary.n"/>
      <haxe2neko dir="${srcdir.modules}" main="Binary" out="${bindir.modules}/Binary.n" objdir="${objdir}">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe2neko>

      <echo message="Building Image.n"/>
      <haxe2neko dir="${srcdir.modules}" main="Image" out="${bindir.modules}/Image.n" objdir="${objdir}">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe2neko>

      <echo message="Building Sound.n"/>
      <haxe2neko dir="${srcdir.modules}" main="Sound" out="${bindir.modules}/Sound.n" objdir="${objdir}">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe2neko>

      <echo message="Building Compose.n"/>
      <haxe2neko dir="${srcdir.modules}" main="Compose" out="${bindir.modules}/Compose.n" objdir="${objdir}">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe2neko>

      <echo message="Building Font.n"/>
      <haxe2neko dir="${srcdir.modules}" main="Font" out="${bindir.modules}/Font.n" objdir="${objdir}">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe2neko>

      <echo message="Building Swf.n"/>
      <haxe2neko dir="${srcdir.modules}" main="Swf" out="${bindir.modules}/Swf.n" objdir="${objdir}">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe2neko>

   </target>

   <target name="-native-image">
      <cc name="${cpp.compiler}" subsystem="console" debug="false" link="shared" objdir="${objdir}" outfile="${objdir}/image">
         <fileset file="${srcdir.native}/image.cpp"/>
         <compilerarg value="/EHsc" if="is-msvc"/>
         <includepath>
            <!--pathelement location="${imagemagick.include.path}"/-->
            <pathelement location="/tmp/ImageMagick-6.5.3-10"/>
            <!-- pathelement location="${neko.include.path}"/ -->
            <pathelement location="/opt/neko-1.8.0-osx/include"/>
         </includepath>

         <!--libset dir="/opt/local/lib" type="shared" libs="${imagemagick.library.name}" if="is-msvc"/-->
         <libset dir="/opt/local/lib" type="shared" libs="Wandi" if="is-msvc"/>
         <libset dir="${neko.library.path}" type="shared" libs="neko" if="is-msvc"/>

         <linker name="gcc" if="is-gcc">
            <!--linkerarg value="-dynamic"/-->
            <linkerarg value="-L/opt/local/lib"/>
            <linkerarg value="-L/opt/neko-1.8.0-osx"/>
            <linkerarg value="${imagemagick.library.path}/${imagemagick.library.name}.dll" if="is-windows"/>
            <linkerarg value="${neko.library.path}/neko.dll" if="is-windows"/>

            <libset libs="${imagemagick.library.name}" unless="is-windows"/>
            <libset libs="neko" unless="is-windows"/>
         </linker>
      </cc>
      <move file="${objdir}/image.dll" tofile="${bindir.native}/image.ndll" failonerror="false"/>
      <move file="${objdir}/libimage.so" tofile="${bindir.native}/image.ndll" failonerror="false"/>
   </target>

   <target name="-native-font">
      <cc name="${cpp.compiler}" subsystem="console" debug="false" link="shared" objdir="${objdir}" outfile="${objdir}/font">
         <fileset file="${srcdir.native}/font.cpp"/>
         <compilerarg value="/EHsc" if="is-msvc"/>
         <includepath>
            <path refid="freetype.include"/>
            <pathelement location="${neko.include.path}"/>
         </includepath>

         <libset dir="${freetype.path}/lib" type="shared" libs="freetype" if="is-msvc"/>
         <libset dir="${neko.library.path}" type="shared" libs="neko" if="is-msvc"/>

         <linker name="gcc" if="is-gcc">
            <linkerarg value="${freetype.path}/bin/freetype6.dll" if="is-windows"/>
            <linkerarg value="${neko.library.path}/neko.dll" if="is-windows"/>

            <libset type="shared" libs="freetype" unless="is-windows"/>
            <libset type="shared" libs="neko" unless="is-windows"/>
         </linker>
      </cc>
      <move file="${objdir}/font.dll" tofile="${bindir.native}/font.ndll" failonerror="false"/>
      <move file="${objdir}/libfont.so" tofile="${bindir.native}/font.ndll" failonerror="false"/>
   </target>

   <target name="native" depends="init, -native-image, -native-font" description="compile native modules">
   </target>

   <target name="clean" description="clean up binaries, documentation and temporary files">
      <delete dir="${objdir}"/>
      <delete dir="${bindir}"/>
      <delete dir="${docdir}"/>
      <delete dir="${naturaldocs.datadir}"/>
      <delete dir="${demodir.bin}"/>
   </target>

   <target name="doc" depends="init" description="build documentation">
      <exec dir="${naturaldocs.path}" executable="${naturaldocs.executable}">
         <arg value="-i"/>
         <arg value="${basedir}"/>
         <arg value="-xi"/>
         <arg value="${libdir}"/>
         <arg line="-o HTML"/>
         <arg value="${docdir}"/>
         <arg value="-p"/>
         <arg value="${naturaldocs.dir}"/>
         <arg line="-s Default SamHaXe"/>
         <arg line="-cs UTF-8"/>
      </exec>
   </target>

   <target name="demos" depends="samhaxe" description="build demo asset libraries and applications">
      <echo message="Building AllDemo"/>
      <exec executable="${bindir}/SamHaXe" dir="${demodir}/AllDemo">
         <arg value="-c"/>
         <arg value="${bindir}/samhaxe.conf.xml"/>
         <arg value="resources.xml"/>
         <arg value="${demodir.bin.assets}/all.swf"/>
      </exec>
      <haxe dir="${demodir}/AllDemo" hxml="build.hxml">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe>

      <echo message="Building AnimationDemo"/>
      <exec executable="${bindir}/SamHaXe" dir="${demodir}/AnimationDemo">
         <arg value="-c"/>
         <arg value="${bindir}/samhaxe.conf.xml"/>
         <arg value="resources.xml"/>
         <arg value="${demodir.bin.assets}/animation.swf"/>
      </exec>
      <haxe dir="${demodir}/AnimationDemo" hxml="build.hxml">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe>

      <echo message="Building BinaryDemo"/>
      <exec executable="${bindir}/SamHaXe" dir="${demodir}/BinaryDemo">
         <arg value="-c"/>
         <arg value="${bindir}/samhaxe.conf.xml"/>
         <arg value="resources.xml"/>
         <arg value="${demodir.bin.assets}/binary.swf"/>
      </exec>
      <haxe dir="${demodir}/BinaryDemo" hxml="build.hxml">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe>

      <echo message="Building ClassStubDemo"/>
      <exec executable="${bindir}/SamHaXe" dir="${demodir}/ClassStubDemo">
         <arg value="-c"/>
         <arg value="${bindir}/samhaxe.conf.xml"/>
         <arg value="resources.xml"/>
         <arg value="${demodir.bin.assets}/class_stub.swf"/>
      </exec>
      <haxe dir="${demodir}/ClassStubDemo" hxml="build.hxml">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe>

      <echo message="Building FontDemo"/>
      <exec executable="${bindir}/SamHaXe" dir="${demodir}/FontDemo">
         <arg value="-c"/>
         <arg value="${bindir}/samhaxe.conf.xml"/>
         <arg value="resources.xml"/>
         <arg value="${demodir.bin.assets}/font.swf"/>
      </exec>
      <haxe dir="${demodir}/FontDemo" hxml="build.hxml">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe>

      <echo message="Building ImageDemo"/>
      <exec executable="${bindir}/SamHaXe" dir="${demodir}/ImageDemo">
         <arg value="-c"/>
         <arg value="${bindir}/samhaxe.conf.xml"/>
         <arg value="resources.xml"/>
         <arg value="${demodir.bin.assets}/image.swf"/>
      </exec>
      <haxe dir="${demodir}/ImageDemo" hxml="build.hxml">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe>

      <echo message="Building LibraryDemo"/>
      <exec executable="${bindir}/SamHaXe" dir="${demodir}/LibraryDemo">
         <arg value="-c"/>
         <arg value="${bindir}/samhaxe.conf.xml"/>
         <arg value="resources.xml"/>
         <arg value="${demodir.bin.assets}/library.swf"/>
      </exec>
      <haxe dir="${demodir}/LibraryDemo" hxml="build.hxml">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe>

      <echo message="Building PreloadingDemo"/>
      <exec executable="${bindir}/SamHaXe" dir="${demodir}/PreloadingDemo">
         <arg value="-c"/>
         <arg value="${bindir}/samhaxe.conf.xml"/>
         <arg value="resources.xml"/>
         <arg value="${demodir.bin.assets}/preloading.swf"/>
      </exec>
      <haxe dir="${demodir}/PreloadingDemo" hxml="build.hxml">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe>

      <echo message="Building SoundDemo"/>
      <exec executable="${bindir}/SamHaXe" dir="${demodir}/SoundDemo">
         <arg value="-c"/>
         <arg value="${bindir}/samhaxe.conf.xml"/>
         <arg value="resources.xml"/>
         <arg value="${demodir.bin.assets}/sound.swf"/>
      </exec>
      <haxe dir="${demodir}/SoundDemo" hxml="build.hxml">
         <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
         <arg line="${haxe.debug.arg}"/>
         <arg line="-D ${haxe.os}"/>
      </haxe>

   </target>

   <target name="install" depends="samhaxe, doc" description="install SamHaXe and documentation">
      <mkdir dir="${install.path.bin}"/>
      <mkdir dir="${install.path.modules}"/>
      <mkdir dir="${install.path.doc}"/>

      <move file="${bindir}/${samhaxe.executable}" todir="${install.path.bin}"/>
      <copy file="${basedir}/samhaxe.conf.xml.template" tofile="${install.path.config}/samhaxe.conf.xml"/>
      <replace file="${install.path.config}/samhaxe.conf.xml" token="##PATH##" value="${install.path.modules}"/>
      <move todir="${install.path.modules}">
         <fileset dir="${bindir.modules}"/>
      </move>
      <move todir="${install.path.doc}">
         <fileset dir="${docdir}"/>
      </move>
   </target>

   <target name="dist" depends="samhaxe, doc" description="build binary distribution">
      <mkdir dir="${distdir}/samhaxe"/>
      <mkdir dir="${distdir}/samhaxe/modules"/>
      <mkdir dir="${distdir}/samhaxe/modules/native"/>
      <mkdir dir="${distdir}/samhaxe/doc"/>

      <copy file="${bindir}/${samhaxe.executable}" todir="${distdir}/samhaxe"/>
      <copy file="${basedir}/samhaxe.conf.xml.template" todir="${distdir}/samhaxe"/>
      <copy todir="${distdir}/samhaxe/modules">
         <fileset dir="${bindir.modules}"/>
      </copy>
      <copy todir="${distdir}/samhaxe/doc">
         <fileset dir="${docdir}"/>
      </copy>
      <zip destfile="${distdir}/samhaxe.zip">
         <fileset dir="${distdir}/samhaxe"/>
      </zip>

      <delete dir="${distdir}/samhaxe"/>
   </target>
</project>

Niel Drummond wrote:
> Gábor Szuromi wrote:
>>> JAVACMD=/opt/local/share/java/openjdk6/bin/java ant -d
>>>      [cc] Starting link
>>>      [cc] gcc -shared -o libimage.so image.o
>>>

>> There's the problem: cpptasks tries to link with gcc however g++
>> should be used. May I take a look at build.xml and config.ant?

my config.ant is copied from the default one

thanks for your help.

- Niel