[SPOD] [Feature request] Automatically serialize unsupported types

[SPOD] [Feature request] Automatically serialize unsupported types

Blue Sans douze
Hi here.

I've written a small db object class extending SPOD, which is great by the way.
The problem I've encountered is when I tried to store an Enum into my db : haXe was just saying it can't do that.
So I've written my own manager, and Serialize in unmake, Unserialize in make.
It's boring having to write a custom manager for such a simple thing.

Can't haXe automatically Serialize unsupported types ? I guess it would fit all the need then, and seems pretty easy to do.
What do you think about that ?

Thanks for reading.
-Blue112.

Re: [SPOD] [Feature request] Automatically serialize unsupported types

Juraj Kirchheim
Might be a nice thing. However querying on such fields would be
effectively impossible.

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Blue Sans douze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi here.
>
> I've written a small db object class extending SPOD, which is great by the
> way.
> The problem I've encountered is when I tried to store an Enum into my db :
> haXe was just saying it can't do that.
> So I've written my own manager, and Serialize in unmake, Unserialize in
> make.
> It's boring having to write a custom manager for such a simple thing.
>
> Can't haXe automatically Serialize unsupported types ? I guess it would fit
> all the need then, and seems pretty easy to do.
> What do you think about that ?
>
> Thanks for reading.
> -Blue112.

Re: [SPOD] [Feature request] Automatically serialize unsupported types

Blue Sans douze
That could be possible if the field is simple :
An enum for instance can be serialized and then be equal to the serialized version (or different).
We just need to compare the two objects as two strings.
-Blue112