Ruy Adorno new portfolio

Ruy Adorno
Hello list,

I just launched a new version of my portfolio and I think that would be
cool to spread the word here, it was entirely programmed using haxe and
I used a lot of cool libraries like Physaxe, PureMVC, Tweener,
SWFAddress and MassLoader.
I also used swfmill for creating the library assets and the FlexSDK for
preloading.
Hope you guys like it, here is the address:

http://www.ruyadorno.com

Thanks,

Ruy Adorno

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4190 (20090626) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Ruy Adorno new portfolio

Tony Polinelli-2
Really nice site - i love the idea - a smart use of technology.

a few comments -
- you should multiply the mouse velocity which is applied to the boxes when you throw them - it feels a little sluggish - less power than mouse velocity seems to be applied
- it would be nice to be able to pick up a box from an offset to the center - i know this is a little hard atm ;P
- the navigation at the top is a little too subtle - i know what your going for here, but i actually didnt see it for a long time. Because the rest of the action is at the bottom i didnt look up the top. You could move the navigation to the bottom - and maybe have the text in grey, or larger. I definately see the aesthetic you are going for, but in practicality it might be a little too subtle - i was about to write a 'your missing any contact details comment' hah.

Its a really nice folio tho, and a good example of using haxe - dont forget it link here:  http://www.haxe.org/com/projects

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Ruy Adorno <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello list,

I just launched a new version of my portfolio and I think that would be cool to spread the word here, it was entirely programmed using haxe and I used a lot of cool libraries like Physaxe, PureMVC, Tweener, SWFAddress and MassLoader.
I also used swfmill for creating the library assets and the FlexSDK for preloading.
Hope you guys like it, here is the address:

http://www.ruyadorno.com

Thanks,

Ruy Adorno

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4190 (20090626) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Ruy Adorno new portfolio

balpreet singh
hello everybody,

                       Ruy has great site. i love this official site well done work. Can somebody help me out for making flash player in haxe. i am flex and actionscript 3 developer , i made nginx flash player using actionscript 3. But i want to create same flash player in haxe. But i am not aware about keyframes in haxe. because of the keyframes my flash player is not going to complete. Can you please let me know how can i seek my video in haxe. i do use keyframes in actionscript 3 but i have not found any keyframe concept in haxe. i am gonna mad and seeking alternative for it. Please help me out for making my flash player.

thanks.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Tony!

I already added the site to the projects list and I will also try to
implement some of your ideas (thanks for take your time for that)

Best,

Ruy Adorno

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4193 (20090626) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Ruy Adorno new portfolio

Ian Liu Rodrigues
Very good material here ;)

I find Tony comments very pertinent, as haven't seen those links until reading Tony's message =P

Cheers,
Ian L.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 11:07 PM, Ruy Adorno <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Tony!

I already added the site to the projects list and I will also try to implement some of your ideas (thanks for take your time for that)

Best,

Ruy Adorno

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4193 (20090626) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Ruy Adorno new portfolio

Kevo X Thomson
An impressive site - but I think you should look at the readability of white text against pale background colours - there are some colour tools available to ensure you are providing sufficient contrast for your users. The top three links in this article are for just that:

http://www.avangate.com/articles/usability-tools_83.htm