Running the NME install tool, compiling nekoapi.ndll on Linux?

Running the NME install tool, compiling nekoapi.ndll on Linux?

singmajesty
Hey guys,

I am testing NME on a fresh install of Ubuntu 11.04, x86.

I was able to compile the install tool without errors (I didn't get stuck
there like I did when I was running x64) but unfortunately I cannot run
it. It relies on nekoapi.ndll, which does not appear to be included in the
NME repository under the hxcpp/bin/Linux directory.

I was also able to compile all of the libraries under hxcpp, except for
nekoapi.ndll, which said that it could not find -lneko. I gave it
-L/usr/lib/, so I am not sure if there is something else I should do, or
change? The library appears to be located at /usr/lib/libneko.so

Anyone else have ideas on how to get past this?

Thanks!

Re: Running the NME install tool, compiling nekoapi.ndll on Linux?

Chris Ochs
On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Joshua Granick
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I am testing NME on a fresh install of Ubuntu 11.04, x86.
>
> I was able to compile the install tool without errors (I didn't get stuck
> there like I did when I was running x64) but unfortunately I cannot run it.
> It relies on nekoapi.ndll, which does not appear to be included in the NME
> repository under the hxcpp/bin/Linux directory.
>
> I was also able to compile all of the libraries under hxcpp, except for
> nekoapi.ndll, which said that it could not find -lneko. I gave it
> -L/usr/lib/, so I am not sure if there is something else I should do, or
> change? The library appears to be located at /usr/lib/libneko.so

Try running sudo ldconfig maybe? there should be a
/usr/lib/libneko.so.1 or some other numbered version of the so, not
just a libneko.so.

Chris

Re: Running the NME install tool, compiling nekoapi.ndll on Linux?

Andreas Mokros
Hi.

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:28:32 -0700

http://code.google.com/p/hxcpp/source/browse/trunk/bin/Linux/nekoapi.ndll
?

> I was also able to compile all of the libraries under hxcpp, except
> for nekoapi.ndll, which said that it could not find -lneko. I gave
> it -L/usr/lib/

Did you add this to the the linker and the right target?
<target id="nekoapi" output="nekoapi" tool="linker" toolid="dll">
  <lib name="-L/usr/lib" unless="windows"/>

--
Mockey

Re: Running the NME install tool, compiling nekoapi.ndll on Linux?

Ah, I see now that my copy of nekoapi.ndll got wiped out while I was
compiling. It is there in the repository, sorry about that.

It would still be nice to be able to compile. Yeah, I can so that there is
libneko.so.0, which is a symlink pointing to libneko.so.0.1. I'm not
really sure why the linker is not finding -lneko when I have -L/usr/lib
included