Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Kostas Michalopoulos
Remember my RayFaster raycasting engine? Well, I've improved it since then
and I made Rombo, a first person action game:

http://www.runtimeterror.com/play/rombo/

It also features background MOD music :-). Don't forget to read the "how to
play" part :-P.

Kostas "Bad Sector" Michalopoulos

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Martijn Loots
:-(  it crashed my firefox ... twice ... but looks nice.. :)

--
-Martijn    @..@    ( Martijn Loots       -  Hengelo  [NL] )
-          (`--')   ( martijn<@>cosix.com -  www.cosix.com )

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Lee Sylvester
Its fine in Safari :-)

Lee

Martijn Loots wrote:

> :-(  it crashed my firefox ... twice ... but looks nice.. :)
>
> On Sat, 4 Apr 2009, Kostas Michalopoulos wrote:
>
>> Remember my RayFaster raycasting engine? Well, I've improved it since
>> then and I made Rombo, a first person action game:
>>
>> http://www.runtimeterror.com/play/rombo/
>>
>> It also features background MOD music :-). Don't forget to read the
>> "how to play" part :-P.
>>
>> Kostas "Bad Sector" Michalopoulos

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Russell Weir
Works in my firefox fine as well.

Nice work!

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Lee McColl Sylvester <[hidden email]> wrote:
Its fine in Safari :-)

Lee

Martijn Loots wrote:
:-(  it crashed my firefox ... twice ... but looks nice.. :)

On Sat, 4 Apr 2009, Kostas Michalopoulos wrote:

Remember my RayFaster raycasting engine? Well, I've improved it since then and I made Rombo, a first person action game:

http://www.runtimeterror.com/play/rombo/

It also features background MOD music :-). Don't forget to read the "how to play" part :-P.

Kostas "Bad Sector" Michalopoulos

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Martijn Loots
Try some fast mouse clicking. Does it for me all the time...

Not that it is relevant for the game though... ;-)

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, Russell Weir wrote:

> Works in my firefox fine as well.
>
> Nice work!

> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Lee McColl Sylvester
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Its fine in Safari :-)
>>
>> Lee
>>

>> Martijn Loots wrote:
>>
>>> :-(  it crashed my firefox ... twice ... but looks nice.. :)
>>>
>>> On Sat, 4 Apr 2009, Kostas Michalopoulos wrote:
>>>
>>>  Remember my RayFaster raycasting engine? Well, I've improved it since

-Martijn    @..@    ( Martijn Loots       -  Hengelo  [NL] )
-          (`--')   ( martijn<@>cosix.com -  www.cosix.com )
-         ( >__< )  ----------------------------------------
-         ^^^  ^^^  (   Netwerken, Security, Open Source   )

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Justin Donaldson
runs pretty smoothly, great work!
-Justin

Martijn Loots wrote:
:-(  it crashed my firefox ... twice ... but looks nice.. :)

On Sat, 4 Apr 2009, Kostas Michalopoulos wrote:

Remember my RayFaster raycasting engine? Well, I've improved it since then and I made Rombo, a first person action game:

http://www.runtimeterror.com/play/rombo/

It also features background MOD music :-). Don't forget to read the "how to play" part :-P.

Kostas "Bad Sector" Michalopoulos

Justin Donaldson
PhD Candidate, Informatics
Indiana University
http://www.scwn.net
aim: iujjd

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Hudson Ansley
worked a little too well in Chrome, what time is it? ;-)

I wish there was some kind of auto maping feature - been running
around in circles trying to find the secret areas :-)

Regards,
Hudson

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Chris Hecker

 > :-(  it crashed my firefox ... twice ... but looks nice.. :)

Mine too. :/

Chris

Martijn Loots wrote:

> :-(  it crashed my firefox ... twice ... but looks nice.. :)
>
> On Sat, 4 Apr 2009, Kostas Michalopoulos wrote:
>
>> Remember my RayFaster raycasting engine? Well, I've improved it since
>> then and I made Rombo, a first person action game:
>>
>> http://www.runtimeterror.com/play/rombo/
>>
>> It also features background MOD music :-). Don't forget to read the
>> "how to play" part :-P.
>>
>> Kostas "Bad Sector" Michalopoulos

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Hudson Ansley
tested on FF3, XP and it worked fine, but I got this error (debug player):

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null
object reference.
        at _ts2xt_$/_ms78m_()
        at _ts2xt_$/render()
        at _ts2xt_$/_fs7zf_()
        at _ts2xt_$/_ys87y_()

This happened when firing rapidly at a bat. Trying continue just kept
repeating the error...

Regards,
Hudson

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Zjnue Brzavi
> Remember my RayFaster raycasting engine? Well, I've improved it since then
> and I made Rombo, a first person action game:
>
> http://www.runtimeterror.com/play/rombo/

level 2, no hitch yet. very nice
ff3, xp.

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Kostas Michalopoulos
Hmm, which Flash Player version (you can figure the exact version here:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507) ?

I don't have this issue (I'll test other Flash Player versions), but might
be related to the haXe resources issue I mentioned in another thread in this
list which crashes some versions of the Flash Player 9.

Kostas "Bad Sector" Michalopoulos

> > :-(  it crashed my firefox ... twice ... but looks nice.. :)
>
> Mine too. :/
>
> Chris
>

> Martijn Loots wrote:
>> :-(  it crashed my firefox ... twice ... but looks nice.. :)
>>
>> On Sat, 4 Apr 2009, Kostas Michalopoulos wrote:
>>
>>> Remember my RayFaster raycasting engine? Well, I've improved it since
>>> then and I made Rombo, a first person action game:
>>>
>>> http://www.runtimeterror.com/play/rombo/
>>>
>>> It also features background MOD music :-). Don't forget to read the "how
>>> to play" part :-P.
>>>
>>> Kostas "Bad Sector" Michalopoulos

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Kostas Michalopoulos
Thanks for the report.  That's the wall slice drawing function though, I
wonder how firing rapidly the bat can affect this :-/. There is no sprite
related code in there and the AI code for the bat (or the fireball) doesn't
modify the world.

I'll try to reproduce it. Which level and area this was at?

Kostas

> tested on FF3, XP and it worked fine, but I got this error (debug player):
>
> TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null
> object reference.
> at _ts2xt_$/_ms78m_()
> at _ts2xt_$/render()
> at _ts2xt_$/_fs7zf_()
> at _ts2xt_$/_ys87y_()
>
> This happened when firing rapidly at a bat. Trying continue just kept
> repeating the error...
>
> Regards,
> Hudson

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Kostas Michalopoulos a e'crit :
> Remember my RayFaster raycasting engine? Well, I've improved it since
> then and I made Rombo, a first person action game:
>
> http://www.runtimeterror.com/play/rombo/
>
> It also features background MOD music :-). Don't forget to read the "how
> to play" part :-P.

Great game ;) But too much easy ^^

2009/4/4 Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]>:
> Great game ;) But too much easy ^^

Guess you'll have to make a Heroic version for Nicolas ;-)

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 3:10 AM, Kostas Michalopoulos
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>I'll try to reproduce it. Which level and area this was at?

It was in level 2, I had cleared the first area (I think :), including
the little house, it was just after entering the second big area that
the error occurred, I was still very close to the door...

Is there any way to skip a level for testing?

Regards,
Hudson

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Franco Ponticelli
Is there any way to skip a level for testing?

Testing? Simply admit that you want to cheat ;)

Franco

p.s. nice game anyway!

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Laurent Kappler
Franco Ponticelli a écrit :

>     Is there any way to skip a level for testing?
>

> Testing? Simply admit that you want to cheat ;)
>
> Franco
>
> p.s. nice game anyway!
yes very nice!
and nice music. did you make it or is it coming from an older game?

Laurent

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Kostas Michalopoulos
Its from an old module which can be found here -
http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=87790.
Although the module doesn't play 100% correctly in my MOD player (the site's
Java player has the same issue - its probably the lack of stereo), it sounds
better this way :-P.

Unfortunately I haven't added a method to skip levels.

>>     Is there any way to skip a level for testing?
>>

>> Testing? Simply admit that you want to cheat ;)
>>
>> Franco
>>
>> p.s. nice game anyway!
> yes very nice!
> and nice music. did you make it or is it coming from an older game?
>
> Laurent

RE: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Kastellanos Nikos
This is the  beauty of it!
GPS-off. Trying to built the map in your head...

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Hudson Ansley
Hi Kostas,
I was trying to repro the null ref error I posted earlier, I suspected
it had something to do with clicking a door when trying to shoot a
monster since I was close to an entrance when it happened, so I was
moving back and forth though a doorway while clicking and a different
problem occurred. I got stuck in the doorway. I think I closed the
door on myself, and since I was so close to the door, it was not
visible... I could not move, except to turn around. Thought that might
be of interest.

Regards,
Hudson

Re: Rombo 3D first person game made with haXe

Kostas Michalopoulos
Hi,

Thanks for the report. I thought i have added code to prevent this :-/ but
probably it isn't good enough :-P. I'll check the code again :-).

I'm clicking like mad on those bats and i cannot reproduce the error, but
a couple of other people mentioned it too :-/.